Author Topic: Drat! I Was Gonna Say Something Cool. But I Got Distracted And Forgot.  (Read 2265 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
No, really.  I was going to post something cool. then Life got rude, had a tantrum, and by the time I came back to what I wanted to say here . . . Foof - gonzo.

I think "Life" should be required to take a number and wait in line, just like the rest of us! >:(

What say you? ???   ;)  ;D    :-*
I totally agree.  This happens to me a lot, but if I try real hard or re-trace my steps I can still usually get back there but not always.  It's nuts when three or four other things happen along the way, to the point of being disruptive, but necessary.  Sometimes half an hour can go by before I realize what my objective had been before my focus got hijacked.  It's not an attention disorder; it's more like tasks have become multi-step processes and some steps can't be done until other tasks are done.  Like charging the phone, lol.

A long time ago, someone told me to keep a to-do list that was perpetual (like a spiral notebook).  I thought he was crazy.  At the time, I just used a dry erase board, or little notes.  Well, this year I decided to follow his advice.  And it's working out well.  I put one line through items that are finished, and just keep the list rolling.  That way, nothing important ever falls through the cracks, because I can page back periodically and see what loose ends are still hanging.

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Revenge of the chocolate bunnies!!
I totally agree.  This happens to me a lot, but if I try real hard or re-trace my steps I can still usually get back there but not always.  It's nuts when three or four other things happen along the way, to the point of being disruptive, but necessary.  Sometimes half an hour can go by before I realize what my objective had been before my focus got hijacked.  It's not an attention disorder; it's more like tasks have become multi-step processes and some steps can't be done until other tasks are done.  Like charging the phone, lol.

A long time ago, someone told me to keep a to-do list that was perpetual (like a spiral notebook).  I thought he was crazy.  At the time, I just used a dry erase board, or little notes.  Well, this year I decided to follow his advice.  And it's working out well.  I put one line through items that are finished, and just keep the list rolling.  That way, nothing important ever falls through the cracks, because I can page back periodically and see what loose ends are still hanging.

My kids call me The Queen of Sticky Notes! 😁😬

Sofia

• Ellightened
 A great invention!