Author Topic: The Greatest Rivalries in Boxing  (Read 15361 times)

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
Re: The Greatest Rivalries in Boxing
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2018, 04:06:39 PM »
Another series that will get my full attention when I have the time:

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2018, 04:41:47 PM »
Wrestling has never really drawn my interest -- not even when I was young and all my friends were watching and talking about it. I like MMA as well but it should have it's own thread because the strategy is completely different than boxing.

Wrasslin' and boxing I liked. Knew wrestling was fake (in outcome but not in athleticism and pain) but for a decade it seemed more real than boxing with suspect "decisions" influences of certain promoters and weird shit like bitings, failed weigh-ins/drugs, too short matches, rule changes, etc. And the storylines about wrestling, some bordering on racist and more overtly, hilariously, pro-USA was great during Cold War and Iran times. And who can forget Andy Kaufman "from Hollywood" versus the King Jerry Lawler and various big gals?

MMA seems too violent to me and the whole girls fighting thing is not my bag.  Though I admit when the Octogon first started and tough-man contests started when there was no weight class or style rules it was fun, in a gladiator kind of way. See some tomato-can "brawler" face a diminutive Asian jujitsu expert with a 100+ lbs difference was interesting.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2018, 04:51:13 PM »
Wrestling has never really drawn my interest -- not even when I was young and all my friends were watching and talking about it. I like MMA as well but it should have it's own thread because the strategy is completely different than boxing.

Wrestling?  I saw this go down live and in person.  I still feel dirty.................

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2018, 07:12:45 PM »
Wrestling?  I saw this go down live and in person.  I still feel dirty.................

Brutal though the midget's death was some emphysema complication. Sound familiar? But Bundy was, apparently, concerned about it. I saw him talk on more bigger guys, I wanna say Big John Studd? Maybe a Hillbilly Jim was involved? Memories fade.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2018, 07:17:15 PM »
Brutal though the midget's death was some emphysema complication. Sound familiar? But Bundy was, apparently, concerned about it. I saw him talk on more bigger guys, I wanna say Big John Studd? Maybe a Hillbilly Jim was involved? Memories fade.

Yep.  Kong, Little Tokyo and Lord Littlebrook versus Hillbilly, Haiti Kid and Little Beaver.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2018, 07:25:10 PM »
Yep.  Kong, Little Tokyo and Lord Littlebrook versus Hillbilly, Haiti Kid and Little Beaver.
I still swear I saw, on tv though, someone get their neck broke at some AWA Road Warriors maybe versus Andersons or somebody? Neck twisted in a bad way on the ropes. Again, vague...used to see "The Polish Hammer" Putski around town. He was a security office at the HS in nearby county! Wow. And Dusty Rhodes, RIP, was from around here.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2018, 07:30:50 PM »
I still swear I saw, on tv though, someone get their neck broke at some AWA Road Warriors maybe versus Andersons or somebody? Neck twisted in a bad way on the ropes. Again, vague...used to see "The Polish Hammer" Putski around town. He was a security office at the HS in nearby county! Wow. And Dusty Rhodes, RIP, was from around here.

Dunno about a broken neck - probably has happened a bunch.  Really cool about Putski

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2018, 07:33:20 PM »
Dunno about a broken neck - probably has happened a bunch.  Really cool about Putski

If I had skills I pondered on BG about a "smoking in the boy's room" video mashup and the "Polish Hammer" breaking it up and keeping those kids in line. Can you imagine?

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2018, 12:42:27 PM »

LawnBoy

• KDWN
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2018, 10:17:52 AM »
=14

Zale / Graziano

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2018, 08:02:02 PM »
Big, shirtless guys vs little guys with a Marlboro in their kisser

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9V8Wj_1536929794

^^^  Yes it is liveleak and yes it should be safe to watch by even the most sensitive of types

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2018, 08:04:04 PM »
Big, shirtless guys vs little guys with a Marlboro in their kisser

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9V8Wj_1536929794

^^^  Yes it is liveleak and yes it should be safe to watch by even the most sensitive of types

Did you remember to erase your browser history and clear your cache before Mrs WAN used the computer?

Are we having fun yet?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2018, 08:10:17 PM »
Did you remember to erase your browser history and clear your cache before Mrs WAN used the computer?

Ha! Indeed I did but she almost always uses her EyePad.   I hate EyePad.  Need a real keyboard and I don't care for IoS.

Closest I've come to getting busted was the big recycling bin - it was over flowing with pop and beer cans.
Thankfully rubbish day was today.   8)

Sleeps_At_Night

• KIDD
  • Back in my day, we knew..
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2022, 09:57:19 PM »
Where are you know? @HamsterMuscle

Sleeps_At_Night

• KIDD
  • Back in my day, we knew..
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2022, 10:39:06 AM »