Author Topic: Classic TV  (Read 4481 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
Re: Classic TV
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2021, 05:31:28 PM »
If you zoom in on the signed lobby card, you can see what Hedison wrote. It took me a second to make it out, but suddenly, it was hilariously obvious!

Help meeeeee!  Haha

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2021, 06:32:52 PM »
Cool.  I like all of those shows.  I'm still waiting on my Rockford Files box set.  Damn bastards at Amazon.  >:(   I loved Seinfeld but the finale really sucked, in my opinion.  Mary Tyler Moore is one I have to revisit.  I don't even recall the last time I saw an episode.  Ted Knight was great, as were the others in the show.

I caught some MTM episodes when some OTA channels were showing back-to-back episodes after Ed Asner passed away.  There were a number of good episodes, especially those centering on Ted, but one that is hilarious is the one when Chuckles The Clown passes away, “Chuckles Bites The Dust.” ;D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you can get Decades in your area, they show MTM for an hour every weekday afternoon.

https://www.decades.com/

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2021, 09:34:34 AM »
If you haven’t seen it, yet, “Dead Calm” has one more showing in September.

https://www.moviestvnetwork.com/movies/2315

One of Kidman’s first movies and an Aussie production.  A really taught, suspenseful flick, with some horrific moments.
Thanks @ItsOver
I did not even know that I have https://www.moviestvnetwork.com/movies/2315. I have been paying for this station for years.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2021, 09:55:43 AM »
Thanks @ItsOver
I did not even know that I have https://www.moviestvnetwork.com/movies/2315. I have been paying for this station for years.
I have Movies! on, at the moment.  I just use my OTA TV antenna to pick it up for free, along with all the other stations I watch.  MeTV, COZI, Grit, H&I, Antennatv, etc.  All I need and no outrageous monthly charge.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2021, 10:04:25 AM »
A grown man, ordering an enamel Star Trek pin with classic logo.

I should be spending my money on some dependable socks.

But I'm not.

In my black leather jacket, and subtle(?) red pin, all the geek girls will want me. All the geek guys will want to be me.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2021, 10:13:11 AM »

But I'm not.

In my black leather jacket, and subtle(?) red pin, all the geek girls will want me. All the geek guys will want to be me.

Ha!  “Much sex is on the way for yeeewww!”

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

bateman

• Ellightened
  • 위대한 수령 김일성동지는 항상 우리와 함께 계시리라
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2021, 10:21:44 AM »
Modern classics here. RIP Norm.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2021, 10:24:36 AM »
For some reason I thought I've seen some episodes of that but now I'm not sure.  I'll have to check it out.
IMO @ShayP our curiosity of the mysteries in this world, started in our youth. Watching classic films and TV show was fun. As adults we found ART BELL. Then it was BellGab. Now it's ELLGAB.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2021, 10:29:49 AM »
Have you ever wondered how all those crazy noises and the creepy music in horror films gets made?
a good read and great youtube links to listen to these 5 musical instruments.

https://didyouknowfacts.com/5-weird-af-instruments-horror-sfx/?fbclid=IwAR03FcEtqzq5GZmqCq7UFVtL8IQBgPUOly9SaabH1QUWCmkRlTHR4EscNag

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2021, 11:12:40 AM »
Vincent Price icon-a-thon this coming Monday on Movies!

https://www.moviestvnetwork.com/schedule/?date=10/4/2021

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2021, 05:36:41 PM »
I have Movies! on, at the moment.  I just use my OTA TV antenna to pick it up for free, along with all the other stations I watch.  MeTV, COZI, Grit, H&I, Antennatv, etc.  All I need and no outrageous monthly charge.
@ItsOver You watch all those with just the antenna?  So basically it's almost everything but live sports.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2021, 05:51:05 PM »
@ItsOver You watch all those with just the antenna?  So basically it's almost everything but live sports.
That, and more, including any live sports ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox show.  I’ll be watching college football all day this Saturday.  Checkout any metro area for the available OTA broadcasts here.

https://www.ontvtonight.com/guide/

If you’re within 20 miles or so of a station broadcasting antenna, you can get by with a cheap indoor antenna.  I paid less than $20 for mine at Walmart.  Great digital picture quality.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2021, 05:58:14 PM »

But I'm not.

Walmart has some really, really comfy George brand socks that are actually made by Nike, if I recall correctly. They're labeled "casual crew." They come in a few colors. They've been durable than a lot of my dress and outdoor brand socks.

By the way, my voice recognition spelled "come" "cum." There is no reason for that to have happened... Even if I had use for the word, I wouldn't spell it like that.

I think Google is mixing it up intentionally
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2021, 09:12:49 AM »
That, and more, including any live sports ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox show.  I’ll be watching college football all day this Saturday.  Checkout any metro area for the available OTA broadcasts here.

https://www.ontvtonight.com/guide/

If you’re within 20 miles or so of a station broadcasting antenna, you can get by with a cheap indoor antenna.  I paid less than $20 for mine at Walmart.  Great digital picture quality.
Thank you. I am far from a TV junkie but the pure novelty of going old school with an antenna is quite intriguing to me almost like a nerdy sort of gratification. I plan on having quite the setup in my new gym once situated. The antenna I have really pulls in those signals and there are quite a few to be found in the Seattle area.  once I'm there..

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2021, 09:18:53 AM »
Thank you. I am far from a TV junkie but the pure novelty of going old school with an antenna is quite intriguing to me. I plan on having quite the setup in my new gym once situated. The antenna I have really pulls in those signals and there are quite a few to be found in the Seattle area.  once I'm there..

You're moving there? Oh dear. Get one of those alarms that activates if somebody approaches the car within three feet. Maybe add some flame throwers. 

I was up in the Pacific Northwest and I saw an incredible number of car windows busted, mainly on SUVs. The homeless own the Pacific Northwest. On the other hand, Bremerton Washington is one fucking beautiful place, if it hasn't been destroyed in the last decade.

There was a powered RCA antenna that I once used that could pull in stations from 80 miles away. If you find that there are some stations you're interested in but are out of town, Walmart has carried that antenna and it goes for about $35US/$6807CAN.

Eh, nevermind...