Author Topic: Living Life Thread  (Read 2888 times)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
Re: Living Life Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2019, 08:05:54 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2019, 05:10:07 PM »
Such gratitude for the one that brought you into this life, lovely. :-[

I know what you're doing here. You miss talking with the "good doctor".  ;)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2019, 05:57:03 PM »

Mubwahahahaha!!!! ;D ;D ;D

(nailed it)

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2019, 06:17:36 PM »

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2019, 01:19:40 PM »

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2019, 04:20:53 PM »
Mubwahahahaha!!!! ;D ;D ;D

(nailed it)

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you should join Masochism Anonymous.  ;)

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2019, 04:22:08 PM »

You miss talking with Dr. MD too? We seem to have an epidemic of masochism here.

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2019, 05:46:43 PM »
You miss talking with Dr. MD too? We seem to have an epidemic of masochism here.
Nope, I’m just a fan of the show.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2019, 01:26:28 PM »
Surrrrrrreeee. There’s no other way! That’s how I roll! “Mentally Ill style” because apparently that’s all I am is a diagnosis they can’t prove. “They” Being the “doctors”
Surrrrrrreeee. There’s no other way! That’s how I roll! “Mentally Ill style” because apparently that’s all I am is a diagnosis they can’t prove. “They” Being the “doctors”
TELL ME What do you mean about the fear part?  Your prescriptions cause fear, like driving and stuff?  I'd like to understand what you mean.  Lots of people don't take freeways, if that's what you're talking about.  You don't need to be mentally ill to see that freeways are dangerous.  Is that all you meant?

PROOFI don't know when or if you'll see this, but the proof is in 1)Presenting a harm to yourself or others and 2)Not being able to find ways to make yourself generally satisfied.

GET HAPPY If you can get the drama out of treatment and get back into a semblance of normalcy, then you can work with a doctor to get off the meds you don't like and work with ones that don't bother you as much.  Finding a psychiatrist you like and working with them over a few years would probably be worth the investment in time and energy.

PSYCHIATRY TRENDS The first time I heard the words, "We have two prescribers at our clinic", I thought the lady was being sarcastic, relegating psychiatrists to being nothing more but mere prescribers.  Well, I was wrong.  The word just means the person is authorized to prescribe whether or not they have the PhD or whatever it is.  So, basically nurses are prescribing.  Pretty radical. 

YOU ARE NOT ALONE Some blood pressure medicines, like amlodipine, can cause psychiatric disturbances.  Also, sometimes elderly take medicines which actually cause hallucinations.  Especially if they've had a bad fall involving their head.

GO TO BETTER PLACES Where are you located?  There are progressive clinics nowadays.  I know you don't like the mental health mill, and neither would I.  But, most reputable clinics nowadays focus on peer support and behavioral therapy, like cognitive behavioral therapy or dialectical behavioral therapy.  Granted, the facilities have a long way to go, in that they aren't perfect by any means.  But various individuals working in them are good.  Just to get admitted to the UW graduate school of social work, a student has to really prove they want to actually help people.  By the time a graduate gets a FT job, they've really shown earnestness about good intentions.  If you can calm your life back into maintenance mode, you might be happier with social workers and counselors, rather than hospitals and psychiatrists.

GET ACTUAL HEAD CHECKED And get your brain scanned for tumors, or other disease.

STRONGEST FORCE IN THE WORLD IS HORMONES And have your hormones checked.  Vit D is the hormone vitamin; make sure you get enough daylight & take vitamin.  Vitamins D, E, A, and I think K are fat-soluble, meaning either have something oily or fatty with them (just 1/8 tsp), or buy them in fatty gel format.

POPEYE SAYS Many behavioral conditions have physical reasons.  Honestly, you do eat vegetables, right?  And even though salt gets a bad rap, some iodine is necessary.  I recommend sea salt because I think it has natural lithium, but it might not have enough iodine so a multi-vitamin a day with a meal is good insurance.  Foods that feed the brain are:  Fish, soy lecithin (a powder you can put on toast), and walnuts. 

POPEYE CONTINUED You have to eat vegetables, fruit, and some digestives like pickled/soured foods and probiotics like yogurt/acidophilus.  Just get used to having something like that at lunch or dinner every day, because your colon is the seat of health.  Sourkraut, the liquid off the top of yogurt, pickles, relish, bean salad, marinades, marinated artichokes, marinated vegetables, black garlic (gross), shredded beets in a jar with enzymes, real sour cream, etc...  Probiotic tablets can usually be found at dollar stores.  But, buy 6 and pour them all into one container, because for some reason they only fill the bottom of the containers.

DR. SUNSHINE Have you considered prayer, as far as finding mental health solutions that would work best for you?  And remember to get workouts in at least twice a week, just to clean your bloodstream of waste build-ups which have to do with ordinary daily adrenaline and crap.  Ten deep breaths (in clean air) every time you think of it are also a good way too keep your bloodstream clean, so your brain works better.  You don't have to take 40 seconds out for 10 deep breaths.  You can keep doing whatever you're doing without skipping a beat if you count the breaths on your fingers (even mentally pretend to count on your fingers).  God gave us fingers and toes to count on so we can use both sides of our brain & work with both hands all at the same time.

READ THE FINE PRINT ON REGULAR Rx Check all your non-psychiatric prescriptions to see if any of them cause psychiatric side effects, then find better options or dosages.  Sometimes, just changing the time of your dose makes all the difference in the world.  I knew someone whose libido was destroyed by a mental health prescription, and he felt hopeless for years.  But after he changed the time of day that he took his pills, he was as good as new.

FIND YOUR PEOPLE There might be ways, through counseling, to deal with the side effects of your prescriptions or at least make them more manageable.  If you could find some others in similar situations and get to know them, like in a support group or just by hanging out at a large mental health facility long enough.

GET REAL Most pros don't just want to medicate you.  The 72-hour hold is just to prevent harm to others and regain stability.  Everyone wants to see you stable enough to be released, and to go from there back to some sense of normalcy.  Mental health hospital stays are very short, just blips on the screen of life.  Millions of people recover from bouts with mental illness.  Probably anyone can crack, when faced with enough stress and no support system.  You are not alone.  It's probably sensible in a way, to feel hostile toward a world that doesn't support you, or to feel suicidal in a world where lack of support leaves one feeling inferior.  Just remember, NEVER COMPARE YOUR INSIDES WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S OUTSIDES.  Because it's not a fair comparison.  "Anyone" can toss together what I call a "look-good" effect.  You know that - we all do it.  So, don't use someone's look or situation as a yardstick for your own inner growth or feelings.  Not that you would, I'm just saying.

GROW UP Some people are meant to be warriors but I think you have to have core values first in order to be effective.

WHAT'S YOUR HANG-UP Erik Erikson wrote a lot about human development.Erik Erikson wrote a lot about human development.  https://www.psychologynoteshq.com/erikerikson/

I like the chart on the link because you can look at the ages in your life when things might have gone haywire, then you can look across the chart to the skills you would have been growing at the time, which can be helpful for discerning where things may have gone wrong (through no fault of yours) and then re-training yourself to grow right.  For example, an obvious growth issue would be let's say someone's mother left when they were 2.  Across the page, you see the child would have been right in the middle of learning when and how to trust or not trust people.  Well, as an adult looking back, it would be easy to connect trust issues with Mom having left, and then to go do whatever an adult needs to do to learn how trust works (trust=communication understood and respected).

Similarly, if a child had to relocate 4 months after starting FT Kindergarten, their "initiative" would probably suffer.  Instead of wanting to learn new things and branch out, the child might basically curl up or give up, clinging to teachers' skirts or hiding in a corner.  As an adult possibly with problems at work whenever a new product or development is rolled out, it would be easy to connect how the childhood "trauma" cause a personality problem.  Once you know a problem, it's much easier to fix it.  Especially because adults are fully formed (for the most part), even if the formation had screw-ups, so adults can "re-learn" how to be more functioning faster than a child would.  What takes a child a year to develop, we can do in just a few months or whatever.  If we have a handle on it.  Erikson's chart provides a LOT of handles to get a grip on, especially since many people's childhoods were bad all the way through.  So, several or all of the stages could need a little effort.  By the way, the "trust" category I think can also be called "attachment".

This information is quite old - I learned it from my mother who studied psychology in the 1970s.  But, it is well-established and works.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE, AGAIN I hope you feel better soon.  They say the average American only has one or two good friends.  Many people face mental challenges and I think it's getting worse all the time, considering mass shootings plus the way the economy is going.  Most wage earners are working longer hours, more condensed hours & having to travel more & do the work of 5 people.  The news tells us unemployment is very low, but that's because they don't count the number of people for whom unemployment has ran out.  Or the people who waited after it ran out and now DO qualify on that part, only to find out they don't have enough hours in the "base year" to collect anything.  Like, there are layers of being under-employed and unemployed.  If you can collect Disability and/or Supplemental Security Income, more power to you.  But, what I'm really saying is that many people, not just you, are extremely stressed out to the point of mental illness.  There have been reports of suicides from economic stress. Obviously, shootings & suicides are mental illness.  I don't know what your stresses are, but I do know you are definitely not alone.  And that recovery happens. Find a progressive wellness center.  Move on every few months if you have to, but find a place that shares your values and priorities.  De-institutionalization was real.  Mental health is considered up to the individual and their goals in most urban areas.  You might like Junction City, Colorado or Burien, Washington if you check out major large outpatient facilities.  I don't have the specifics, but sometimes voluntary housing in little cottage developments is offered.

IT COULD BE WORSE Chinese prison, international enslavement, innocent on death row, wrongfully convicted, medical malpractice as in oops-they-took-my-only-good-leg-now-I-won't-have-any-by-the-time-they-finish-removing-the-bad-one, childhood leukemia, targeted individual, extortion victim, Satanic parents, living in skilled nursing, etc...

WALK, AND HORIZONS CHANGE Did you feel this way 10 years ago?  20?  In 20 more years, with more stable hormones and more experience behind you, your priorities might be very different.  Remember, to an older person, life seems short.  One day you are keyboarding happily, the next day you might not recover from a stroke.  One day you're shopping, the next day you aren't sure when you'll walk again.  Your priorities now are very different than the priority of a 50-year old who, a year after a car crash, is counting paces until they can get to a bench to sit for a minute. Wherever you are, wherever you go, 1)Don't wish your life away, 2)Don't put off the good stuff, and 3)Do your dishes, pay someone or get paper plates.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2019, 03:05:27 PM »
Remember the Twinkie Syndrome from years ago?  Evidently low blood sugar can cause temporary mental illness.  Just out of curiousity, you could pay at a pharmacy for over-the-counter glucose test supplies.  You'd need a $10 lancet, $25 (probably) test strips, and an $20 meter which usually comes with a rebate that you mail in with your receipt.  So for $35, you could check your blood sugar any time of day to see if your episodes correspond with any glucose reading less than 80.  Some people get "symptomatic" even at higher numbers like 100.  The OTC meters are not the same as a blood draw, and they are only guaranteed 80% accurate, but they work very well & you can get to know your patterns.  All you do is prick your finger & squeeze a drop of blood onto a strip, a strip which you preloaded into the meter.  The meter somehow reads the blood sugar even though the blood drop stays on the end of the strip and never actually goes into the machine.

Fasting blood sugar should not go below 80.  Like when you wake up, it should still be higher than 80.  If it does, you have hypoglycemia (a manageable disease).  You can get over-the-counter glucose tablets which immediately cure the problem, and which "buy" you an extra 10 or 20 minutes to get a real meal so you are safe again.

High blood sugar can cause problems too.  Both highs and lows can cause a lot of anxiety, angst, etc...  Eating balanced meals every 3 hours is a good solution, or every 5 hours if you include a lot of protein.  You can Google about it if interested.

As wound up as you get, manage your blood pressure as you age.  It's really important to prevent unnecessary heart attack and stroke.  One day you might be looking for your fav shirt; the next day the hospital staff is writing your name in permanent thick ink on the inside of the back collar.  There are a variety of blood pressure medicines - my experience is that doctors really do know best about them.  Just don't take Lisinopril after you ever have any swelling around your lips because some people are allergic to it and the first allergy means the next one could be much more dangerous. 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2019, 03:21:23 PM »
TELL ME What do you mean about the fear part?  Your prescriptions cause fear, like driving and stuff?  I'd like to understand what you mean.  Lots of people don't take freeways, if that's what you're talking about.  You don't need to be mentally ill to see that freeways are dangerous.  Is that all you meant?

PROOFI don't know when or if you'll see this, but the proof is in 1)Presenting a harm to yourself or others and 2)Not being able to find ways to make yourself generally satisfied.

GET HAPPY If you can get the drama out of treatment and get back into a semblance of normalcy, then you can work with a doctor to get off the meds you don't like and work with ones that don't bother you as much.  Finding a psychiatrist you like and working with them over a few years would probably be worth the investment in time and energy.

PSYCHIATRY TRENDS The first time I heard the words, "We have two prescribers at our clinic", I thought the lady was being sarcastic, relegating psychiatrists to being nothing more but mere prescribers.  Well, I was wrong.  The word just means the person is authorized to prescribe whether or not they have the PhD or whatever it is.  So, basically nurses are prescribing.  Pretty radical. 

YOU ARE NOT ALONE Some blood pressure medicines, like amlodipine, can cause psychiatric disturbances.  Also, sometimes elderly take medicines which actually cause hallucinations.  Especially if they've had a bad fall involving their head.

GO TO BETTER PLACES Where are you located?  There are progressive clinics nowadays.  I know you don't like the mental health mill, and neither would I.  But, most reputable clinics nowadays focus on peer support and behavioral therapy, like cognitive behavioral therapy or dialectical behavioral therapy.  Granted, the facilities have a long way to go, in that they aren't perfect by any means.  But various individuals working in them are good.  Just to get admitted to the UW graduate school of social work, a student has to really prove they want to actually help people.  By the time a graduate gets a FT job, they've really shown earnestness about good intentions.  If you can calm your life back into maintenance mode, you might be happier with social workers and counselors, rather than hospitals and psychiatrists.

GET ACTUAL HEAD CHECKED And get your brain scanned for tumors, or other disease.

STRONGEST FORCE IN THE WORLD IS HORMONES And have your hormones checked.  Vit D is the hormone vitamin; make sure you get enough daylight & take vitamin.  Vitamins D, E, A, and I think K are fat-soluble, meaning either have something oily or fatty with them (just 1/8 tsp), or buy them in fatty gel format.

POPEYE SAYS Many behavioral conditions have physical reasons.  Honestly, you do eat vegetables, right?  And even though salt gets a bad rap, some iodine is necessary.  I recommend sea salt because I think it has natural lithium, but it might not have enough iodine so a multi-vitamin a day with a meal is good insurance.  Foods that feed the brain are:  Fish, soy lecithin (a powder you can put on toast), and walnuts. 

POPEYE CONTINUED You have to eat vegetables, fruit, and some digestives like pickled/soured foods and probiotics like yogurt/acidophilus.  Just get used to having something like that at lunch or dinner every day, because your colon is the seat of health.  Sourkraut, the liquid off the top of yogurt, pickles, relish, bean salad, marinades, marinated artichokes, marinated vegetables, black garlic (gross), shredded beets in a jar with enzymes, real sour cream, etc...  Probiotic tablets can usually be found at dollar stores.  But, buy 6 and pour them all into one container, because for some reason they only fill the bottom of the containers.

DR. SUNSHINE Have you considered prayer, as far as finding mental health solutions that would work best for you?  And remember to get workouts in at least twice a week, just to clean your bloodstream of waste build-ups which have to do with ordinary daily adrenaline and crap.  Ten deep breaths (in clean air) every time you think of it are also a good way too keep your bloodstream clean, so your brain works better.  You don't have to take 40 seconds out for 10 deep breaths.  You can keep doing whatever you're doing without skipping a beat if you count the breaths on your fingers (even mentally pretend to count on your fingers).  God gave us fingers and toes to count on so we can use both sides of our brain & work with both hands all at the same time.

READ THE FINE PRINT ON REGULAR Rx Check all your non-psychiatric prescriptions to see if any of them cause psychiatric side effects, then find better options or dosages.  Sometimes, just changing the time of your dose makes all the difference in the world.  I knew someone whose libido was destroyed by a mental health prescription, and he felt hopeless for years.  But after he changed the time of day that he took his pills, he was as good as new.

FIND YOUR PEOPLE There might be ways, through counseling, to deal with the side effects of your prescriptions or at least make them more manageable.  If you could find some others in similar situations and get to know them, like in a support group or just by hanging out at a large mental health facility long enough.

GET REAL Most pros don't just want to medicate you.  The 72-hour hold is just to prevent harm to others and regain stability.  Everyone wants to see you stable enough to be released, and to go from there back to some sense of normalcy.  Mental health hospital stays are very short, just blips on the screen of life.  Millions of people recover from bouts with mental illness.  Probably anyone can crack, when faced with enough stress and no support system.  You are not alone.  It's probably sensible in a way, to feel hostile toward a world that doesn't support you, or to feel suicidal in a world where lack of support leaves one feeling inferior.  Just remember, NEVER COMPARE YOUR INSIDES WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S OUTSIDES.  Because it's not a fair comparison.  "Anyone" can toss together what I call a "look-good" effect.  You know that - we all do it.  So, don't use someone's look or situation as a yardstick for your own inner growth or feelings.  Not that you would, I'm just saying.

GROW UP Some people are meant to be warriors but I think you have to have core values first in order to be effective.

WHAT'S YOUR HANG-UP Erik Erikson wrote a lot about human development.Erik Erikson wrote a lot about human development.  https://www.psychologynoteshq.com/erikerikson/

I like the chart on the link because you can look at the ages in your life when things might have gone haywire, then you can look across the chart to the skills you would have been growing at the time, which can be helpful for discerning where things may have gone wrong (through no fault of yours) and then re-training yourself to grow right.  For example, an obvious growth issue would be let's say someone's mother left when they were 2.  Across the page, you see the child would have been right in the middle of learning when and how to trust or not trust people.  Well, as an adult looking back, it would be easy to connect trust issues with Mom having left, and then to go do whatever an adult needs to do to learn how trust works (trust=communication understood and respected).

Similarly, if a child had to relocate 4 months after starting FT Kindergarten, their "initiative" would probably suffer.  Instead of wanting to learn new things and branch out, the child might basically curl up or give up, clinging to teachers' skirts or hiding in a corner.  As an adult possibly with problems at work whenever a new product or development is rolled out, it would be easy to connect how the childhood "trauma" cause a personality problem.  Once you know a problem, it's much easier to fix it.  Especially because adults are fully formed (for the most part), even if the formation had screw-ups, so adults can "re-learn" how to be more functioning faster than a child would.  What takes a child a year to develop, we can do in just a few months or whatever.  If we have a handle on it.  Erikson's chart provides a LOT of handles to get a grip on, especially since many people's childhoods were bad all the way through.  So, several or all of the stages could need a little effort.  By the way, the "trust" category I think can also be called "attachment".

This information is quite old - I learned it from my mother who studied psychology in the 1970s.  But, it is well-established and works.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE, AGAIN I hope you feel better soon.  They say the average American only has one or two good friends.  Many people face mental challenges and I think it's getting worse all the time, considering mass shootings plus the way the economy is going.  Most wage earners are working longer hours, more condensed hours & having to travel more & do the work of 5 people.  The news tells us unemployment is very low, but that's because they don't count the number of people for whom unemployment has ran out.  Or the people who waited after it ran out and now DO qualify on that part, only to find out they don't have enough hours in the "base year" to collect anything.  Like, there are layers of being under-employed and unemployed.  If you can collect Disability and/or Supplemental Security Income, more power to you.  But, what I'm really saying is that many people, not just you, are extremely stressed out to the point of mental illness.  There have been reports of suicides from economic stress. Obviously, shootings & suicides are mental illness.  I don't know what your stresses are, but I do know you are definitely not alone.  And that recovery happens. Find a progressive wellness center.  Move on every few months if you have to, but find a place that shares your values and priorities.  De-institutionalization was real.  Mental health is considered up to the individual and their goals in most urban areas.  You might like Junction City, Colorado or Burien, Washington if you check out major large outpatient facilities.  I don't have the specifics, but sometimes voluntary housing in little cottage developments is offered.

IT COULD BE WORSE Chinese prison, international enslavement, innocent on death row, wrongfully convicted, medical malpractice as in oops-they-took-my-only-good-leg-now-I-won't-have-any-by-the-time-they-finish-removing-the-bad-one, childhood leukemia, targeted individual, extortion victim, Satanic parents, living in skilled nursing, etc...

WALK, AND HORIZONS CHANGE Did you feel this way 10 years ago?  20?  In 20 more years, with more stable hormones and more experience behind you, your priorities might be very different.  Remember, to an older person, life seems short.  One day you are keyboarding happily, the next day you might not recover from a stroke.  One day you're shopping, the next day you aren't sure when you'll walk again.  Your priorities now are very different than the priority of a 50-year old who, a year after a car crash, is counting paces until they can get to a bench to sit for a minute. Wherever you are, wherever you go, 1)Don't wish your life away, 2)Don't put off the good stuff, and 3)Do your dishes, pay someone or get paper plates.
One nut trying to crack another nut.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2019, 05:31:23 PM »
Nope, I’m just a fan of the show.

Lol, talk to MW, he cancelled it to shelter his defenseless potty-mouthed diva... ::)

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2023, 02:27:25 PM »
I recommend for Heart/Circulation Health Black Elderberry Gummies...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]