Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 303211 times)

trostol

• KIDD
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2018, 06:50:23 PM »
HOCKEY!!!!!!

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2018, 08:30:55 PM »
All faith would have been lost if Chicago lost to Ottawa.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2018, 07:42:23 AM »
Nice start for The Stars. Shut-out 3-0. Sorry to see Caps lose to the Pens though, Shay.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2018, 09:08:49 AM »
Nice start for The Stars. Shut-out 3-0. Sorry to see Caps lose to the Pens though, Shay.

Last year the Blackhawks started the year beating the Pens 10-1. You see what that got them.
Are we having fun yet?

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »
Free NHL Games on NHL.TV

Watch live games on us throughout the 2018-19 season. Four free games a week (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and one additional day) gives you the opportunity to experience NHL action to its fullest. Home and away broadcasts, DVR controls, multi-game views and all the hat tricks you can shake a stick at.

NHL.TV Free Game Schedule:
https://www.nhl.com/news/nhltv-free-games/c-291516040

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2018, 06:20:02 PM »
Free NHL Games on NHL.TV

Watch live games on us throughout the 2018-19 season. Four free games a week (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and one additional day) gives you the opportunity to experience NHL action to its fullest. Home and away broadcasts, DVR controls, multi-game views and all the hat tricks you can shake a stick at.

NHL.TV Free Game Schedule:
https://www.nhl.com/news/nhltv-free-games/c-291516040
Thanks. AHL does it...for this weekend. Ha. More hockey, the better but cost to do package versus time to watch etc, no. I'm waiting for an enterprising cable company to say: only sports packages and TCM and I'd be down....

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2018, 07:17:27 AM »

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2018, 12:09:31 PM »

oops ... reminds me of soccer when the keeper is out of position and the opposite team casually runs up and taps the ball into the net. Coaches are not happy.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2018, 01:55:41 PM »
Lyle Odelein will be at the Bell Centre Thursday night when the Canadiens honour their 1993 Stanley Cup championship team during a ceremony before their home opener against the Los Angeles Kings.

Odelein’s presence will be even more of a miracle than the 10 overtime playoff wins the Canadiens had en route to winning their last Stanley Cup.

On April 4, Odelein underwent a multi-organ transplant, replacing the aortic valve in his heart, his liver and kidneys, in a single surgery that took almost 24 hours to complete at Pittsburgh’s Allegheny General Hospital. The operation was led by Thai Ngoc, a world-renowned transplant surgeon who is also a good friend of Odelein and his wife, Laurel.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-habs-home-opener-will-be-extra-special-for-lyle-odelein

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2018, 05:08:20 AM »
Lyle Odelein will be at the Bell Centre Thursday night when the Canadiens honour their 1993 Stanley Cup championship team during a ceremony before their home opener against the Los Angeles Kings.

Odelein’s presence will be even more of a miracle than the 10 overtime playoff wins the Canadiens had en route to winning their last Stanley Cup.

On April 4, Odelein underwent a multi-organ transplant, replacing the aortic valve in his heart, his liver and kidneys, in a single surgery that took almost 24 hours to complete at Pittsburgh’s Allegheny General Hospital. The operation was led by Thai Ngoc, a world-renowned transplant surgeon who is also a good friend of Odelein and his wife, Laurel.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-habs-home-opener-will-be-extra-special-for-lyle-odelein

:o :o :o  Blood infection possibly induced by cactus needles caused all this.  Yikes!  It's amazing he's alive.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2018, 05:37:06 AM »
:o :o :o  Blood infection possibly induced by cactus needles caused all this.  Yikes!  It's amazing he's alive.

He says he had a 5% chance of survival.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/video/scrum-lyle-odelein/t-277437414/c-61780703

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2018, 05:58:18 AM »
He says he had a 5% chance of survival.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/video/scrum-lyle-odelein/t-277437414/c-61780703

He looks great. "I didn't know I was in a coma for 40 days."  Has to be mind blowing.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2018, 10:17:34 AM »

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2018, 10:22:31 AM »
Sometimes the smallest things cause the biggest problems. I'll be staying away from cactus needles if I ever see them. Reminds me of that flesh-eating bacteria that you can get just by putting your foot in the river where the bacteria is present. It spreads rapidly and can be fatal if not treated quickly.