Author Topic: Are You Mandela Affected?  (Read 15595 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Are You Mandela Affected?
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2019, 02:44:05 PM »
From the Book of Hesitations...

“Blessed are the Pessimists, fore they hath made backups. “
indeed. But I am an optimist. An optimist who thinks bad things might happen. Realistic optimism

gateway

• KIDD
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2019, 04:03:27 PM »
I really like the concept of the Mandela effect but it's simply just anecdotes that can't be proven or disproven.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2019, 04:12:17 PM »
Well he's probably having a good hee haw at my life.

I know what you mean. I should legally change my name to Job.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2019, 04:13:50 PM »
I really like the concept of the Mandela effect but it's simply just anecdotes that can't be proven or disproven.

I guess that settles it. Let's close the thread.

gateway

• KIDD
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2019, 04:21:46 PM »

No need to close the thread I do like the concept from a storytelling point of view. I guess I've just never had the experience but I guess that rules out a lot of the paranormal. The only Mandela effect that applies to me is the Luke I'm your father one from Star Wars but I might just be incorrectly remembering it and it not necessarily changing due to a scientific experiment gone wrong.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2019, 04:25:18 PM »

I'm not a quantum physicist but at some point I'm not sure how much of these experiments don't themselves devolve into what used to be considered thought experiments. If the conclusions are true than why couldn't the scientists, the equipment, the measurement, the subjects, the results, etc also be examples of some other reality or subject to various bizarre states, I ask?

Ahso, as Hop Sing might say, you see this in the concluding paragraph which most won't read.....

https://www.livescience.com/65029-dueling-reality-photons.html

""It seems that, in contrast to classical physics, measurement results cannot be considered absolute truth but must be understood relative to the observer who performed the measurement," Ringbauer said."

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2019, 05:54:01 PM »
They, like other humor groups, made a ton of movies and shorts. Some of them might be like "Robin Hood" in some ways.
Got a lead at Quora on one they did as gangsters in Italy.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2019, 05:57:05 PM »
I think that we're all just characters in Gods' Sims game, and He likes to play practical jokes.
That's about what my friend Gene thinks.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2019, 07:45:44 PM »
Brendi points out the "other" Mandela Effect was the communist insurgents claiming (falsely) via media and rumors that the terrorist- my description not hers- Mandela had been killed in prison as a way to promote the social unrest and guerilla warfare/terrorism and rebellion and, externally, the ZA sanction movement by various other countries (my paraphrasing not her specific terms.)  People forget this---another Mandela Effect!

&feature=youtu.be

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2019, 09:32:28 PM »
No need to close the thread I do like the concept from a storytelling point of view. I guess I've just never had the experience but I guess that rules out a lot of the paranormal. The only Mandela effect that applies to me is the Luke I'm your father one from Star Wars but I might just be incorrectly remembering it and it not necessarily changing due to a scientific experiment gone wrong.

I'm just kidding. I don't like to use emoticons too much. Speaking of which, in my reality, people don't use smilies and symbols so much. In fact, I recall them as green.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2019, 09:40:40 PM »
I'm not a quantum physicist but at some point I'm not sure how much of these experiments don't themselves devolve into what used to be considered thought experiments. If the conclusions are true than why couldn't the scientists, the equipment, the measurement, the subjects, the results, etc also be examples of some other reality or subject to various bizarre states, I ask?

Ahso, as Hop Sing might say, you see this in the concluding paragraph which most won't read.....

https://www.livescience.com/65029-dueling-reality-photons.html

""It seems that, in contrast to classical physics, measurement results cannot be considered absolute truth but must be understood relative to the observer who performed the measurement," Ringbauer said."

I read that article earlier in the week. It sounded like mental masturbation. The controls *and* the subjects weren't even real people! You find better science in a 1980s comic book.

To be serious, I think that most or much of this is caused by collective false memories. It's like how you mess up song lyrics to old songs, but it's on a grand scale comprised of shared recollections. Pop culture mistakes just exacerbate it. Still, that leaves some ME that could put the sanest person in a mental institution.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2019, 09:43:00 PM »
Got a lead at Quora on one they did as gangsters in Italy.

How could they join the Mafia? I thought that you had to be Italian.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2019, 09:45:48 PM »
That's about what my friend Gene thinks.

He might play a lot of pranks in Washington. That would explain Ocasio-Cortez and O'Rourke.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2019, 12:25:09 PM »
most or much of this is caused by collective false memories. It's like how you mess up song lyrics to old songs, but it's on a grand scale comprised of shared recollections.
That's because they're writ badly, dammit!  The lyrics we remember are what they should have been.  Like for instance, what sense can be made of buying a stairway to heaven?  It's obviously climbing a stairway to heaven, no matter what it sounds like.

People to this day listen to "Center Field" & still disagree on what they hear.  Some hear, "Put me in, Coach."  I always hear it as, "Put me in cold."  Not only does it sound more like that, but it makes more sense in context.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2019, 12:26:55 PM »
How could they join the Mafia? I thought that you had to be Italian.
They were Ollio and Stanlio.