Author Topic: Vinyl Records  (Read 1995 times)

BellHop

• KIDD
Vinyl Records
« on: August 25, 2018, 10:41:04 PM »
Let this thread focus on the old standard that's making a comeback in the music industry - the vinyl record. Anything about them - 33s, 45s, and 78s - is welcome here.

Dancing queen

• Ellightened
Re: Vinyl Records
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 04:10:08 AM »
i have a small collection >50 albums and i would love to collect more but i dont have the space for them

Sleeps_At_Night

• KIDD
  • Back in my day, we knew..
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 10:00:30 PM »

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 01:20:01 PM »
i have a small collection >50 albums and i would love to collect more but i dont have the space for them

Hi @Dancing queen. Vinyl records outclass cd's for most music. CD's are too bright. Records have warmth.
I really came here to express my appreciation of your thread. Really beautiful. A perfect addition to Ellgab. You should come out here more often. I for one would appreciate a more feminine touch. Maybe try 100 years thread. It's fairly civilized

Hey @Bart Ell ! I'm out pimping for you
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 02:40:39 PM »
Let this thread focus on the old standard that's making a comeback in the music industry - the vinyl record. Anything about them - 33s, 45s, and 78s - is welcome here.
Great idea. I just recently started thinking about getting back into vinyl. I already have a vacuum tube setup which sounds pretty good with the usual stuff but I’m sure it would sound even better running the good stuff on a turntable. I just don’t feel like starting all over again and amassing a large vinyl collection. I’d be very selective on what I’d get, just going with albums that I strongly favor and have stood the test of time.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 05:45:36 PM »
I still got mine.

When CDs became popular and the used record stores and people at flea markets were dumping vinyl albums I bot plenty records of bands I liked for 50c, $1.

They're a lot better now, but when CDs first came out they were really lousy.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 06:37:41 PM »
Hi @Dancing queen. Vinyl records outclass cd's for most music. CD's are too bright. Records have warmth.
I really came here to express my appreciation of your thread. Really beautiful. A perfect addition to Ellgab. You should come out here more often. I for one would appreciate a more feminine touch. Maybe try 100 years thread. It's fairly civilized

Hey @Bart Ell ! I'm out pimping for you

Yes.
Get the ladies circulating.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2022, 06:50:54 PM »
They're a lot better now, but when CDs first came out they were really lousy.

The reason people say vinyl sounds better, is because the music on them is better.