Author Topic: Arm Wrestling  (Read 353 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
Arm Wrestling
« on: June 06, 2022, 10:45:49 PM »
About six weeks ago youtube started suggesting arm wrestling videos. No idea why.  After a few persistent suggestions I clicked a video to watch something called King Of The Table 2. I had no idea how big this seemingly underground 'sport" is. There are numerous arm wrestling outfits, or tournament platforms out there. I am somewhat addicted and I watch all the videos YT has to offer :-[   KING OF THE TABLE 4 happens on June 25th in Dubai of all places.  This underground-ish sport is huge in Europe and in North America, and that is what KOTT 4 is all about. The current super-heavyweight being from the country of Georgia, while the best in North America is a huge Canadian guy.

Devon VS Levan

When success and happiness will no longer suffice, destroy everything and start over.

Sleeps_At_Night

• KIDD
  • Back in my day, we knew..
Re: Arm Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 11:18:33 AM »
This is very interesting. When I was in the service we had a few lads who fancied themselves to be strongman arm wrestlers and such. They did not start out that way, it just became a thing to do in our downtime but nobody went on to make a career out of any of it.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 05:23:52 PM »
This is very interesting. When I was in the service we had a few lads who fancied themselves to be strongman arm wrestlers and such. They did not start out that way, it just became a thing to do in our downtime but nobody went on to make a career out of any of it.

Did they get themselves good and sweaty and then hit the showers together?
I have a feeling you didn't ask and won't tell.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 09:27:43 AM »
@ShayP  You would do well in this sport. Seriously. Do you see any of the arm wrestling tables in any of the bars out there?
When success and happiness will no longer suffice, destroy everything and start over.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 10:59:48 AM »
@ShayP  You would do well in this sport. Seriously. Do you see any of the arm wrestling tables in any of the bars out there?

@KSM  I haven't seen any arm wrestling related stuff in the area.  Nah, I wouldn't do well at all.  Maybe 20 years ago when I was solid, but I'm soft now.  Plus, a torn labrum and other injuries have given me a dead arm.  Over time, physical therapy and exercise has helped but I'll never be the same.  Certain motions just cause discomfort to say the least.   A torque wrench can be problematic at times.  :(

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2022, 08:14:31 PM »
Stallone once arm wrestled at a truckstop for custody of his kid, or something.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2022, 08:24:20 PM »
Stallone once arm wrestled at a truckstop for custody of his kid, or something.

Rocky?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login