Author Topic: Netflix VS Amazon Prime Video  (Read 3154 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: Netflix VS Amazon Prime Video
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2022, 05:07:13 AM »
Just pop this url in whatever IPTV app your device has and you have thousands of free publicly available channels.

Code: [Select]
https://iptv-org.github.io/iptv/index.nsfw.m3u
https://github.com/iptv-org/iptv

Or you could just pay the pirates elsewhere $50/year and get every channel in the world.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2022, 08:52:38 AM »
Netflix has a limited series on that was put up last night. Dahmer.. I watched episode 1 and it wasn't bad at all. Pretty dark, and I think it rude to put friends heads in the freezer but to each their own.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2022, 08:54:28 AM »
Netflix has a limited series on that was put up last night. Dahmer.. I watched episode 1 and it wasn't bad at all. Pretty dark, and I think it rude to put friends heads in the freezer but to each their own.
What about Walt Disney and Ted Williams?
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2022, 09:01:31 AM »
What about Walt Disney and Ted Williams?
I don't think Ted was sodomized pre-freezer-head. But then again, who's to say..  :-\

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2022, 09:04:04 AM »
I don't think Ted was sodomized pre-freezer-head. But then again, who's to say..  :-\
Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2022, 08:07:34 PM »
The guy looks like French Stewart...
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2022, 05:42:03 PM »
The guy looks like French Stewart...

Hahaha

I've mentioned PLEX a few times.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2022, 08:54:06 AM »
Regarding the original topic; I will add that Prime Video has a very low audio output compared to not only Netflix, but also live TV and all other platforms. One has to really crank it up past 11 to get any real guts out of it. Why is this? I do not know. It's just really quiet. More and more, Netflix gets my vote as the better of the two.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2022, 02:51:44 PM »
Speaking of audio...

I was under the impression that Netflix was sending a Dolby 5.1 or 7.1 signal. I swear my receiver had surround decoding in 5.1 from Netflix. I have not been able to re-access that feature in a couple of years.

Now, somebody did mess around with my remote because they couldn't easily find the volume control...
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2022, 05:17:10 PM »
Speaking of audio...

I was under the impression that Netflix was sending a Dolby 5.1 or 7.1 signal. I swear my receiver had surround decoding in 5.1 from Netflix. I have not been able to re-access that feature in a couple of years.

Now, somebody did mess around with my remote because they couldn't easily find the volume control...
Yes Netflix should have 5.1 and even atmos audio if your AVR is capable of that.
Though Netflix stupidely has 3 different subscription levels, the lowest one only got 480p SD video though that is being upgraded to 720p soon.
The middle one has up to 1080p HD video, and the premium $20/mo  is the only one to get 4K HDR/DV video.
Maybe the multichannel audio is only available on the higher levels too?

Instead of that high price, I get 4 other streaming services for under $20 that all have 4K HDR/DV and multichannel audio: Hulu, Disney+, Prime Video, Apple TV+

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2022, 09:54:52 PM »
Yes Netflix should have 5.1 and even atmos audio if your AVR is capable of that.
Though Netflix stupidely has 3 different subscription levels, the lowest one only got 480p SD video though that is being upgraded to 720p soon.
The middle one has up to 1080p HD video, and the premium $20/mo  is the only one to get 4K HDR/DV video.
Maybe the multichannel audio is only available on the higher levels too?

Instead of that high price, I get 4 other streaming services for under $20 that all have 4K HDR/DV and multichannel audio: Hulu, Disney+, Prime Video, Apple TV+
@Morgus You just nailed my one big Netflix complaint. The basic at 480 is like bad DVD quality so if they're upgrading to 720 I may jump back down to that plan. If I may, where did you find out about that upgrade?

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2022, 10:34:00 PM »
@Morgus You just nailed my one big Netflix complaint. The basic at 480 is like bad DVD quality so if they're upgrading to 720 I may jump back down to that plan. If I may, where did you find out about that upgrade?
I happened to read some news article about it last week.  Its tied to Netflix's plan for adding new ad-based cheaper plan that will be 720p max.
So they are going to upgrade the basic ad-free plan to 720p too I think it will cost 9.99/month and the ad-based plan will be $6.99

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/netflix-upgrades-cheapest-plan-free-053000366.html

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2022, 09:20:10 AM »
I happened to read some news article about it last week.  Its tied to Netflix's plan for adding new ad-based cheaper plan that will be 720p max.
So they are going to upgrade the basic ad-free plan to 720p too I think it will cost 9.99/month and the ad-based plan will be $6.99

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/netflix-upgrades-cheapest-plan-free-053000366.html
Well isn't that interesting. Perhaps the basic with ads is their version of Tubi and those alike that are free, except this new basic has Netflix content.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2022, 10:12:48 AM »
Well isn't that interesting. Perhaps the basic with ads is their version of Tubi and those alike that are free, except this new basic has Netflix content.

I will add that it looks like they have already upgraded to 720 on the Basic (no ads) things look much better now for 9.99.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2022, 02:23:50 PM »
I will add that it looks like they have already upgraded to 720 on the Basic (no ads) things look much better now for 9.99.
I remember there used to be a diagnostic video on Netflix. On screen, it showed bit rates for video and audio, etc.

If I recall correctly, there is a strange code that you search for. Google will help.
Eh, nevermind...