Author Topic: Worst Sports Fans  (Read 426 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
Worst Sports Fans
« on: September 26, 2022, 04:51:51 PM »
Pretty much what it says.

I had always heard that the Phillie Eagles fans were horrible at one time, beating up anyone with an opposing jersey ETC. Also heard the same about Raiders fans who were reported to be even worse. And it doesn't stop at football. Reports of Vancouver Canucks fans hooligans in 2011 were beating up Bruins fans in the Stanley cup series and then when the Nucks lost? Well.. riots. Are baseball fans better than the rest in general? That I do not know. We could include the damage and hooliganism of soccer fans in the UK.. Fucking Wankers!
When success and happiness will no longer suffice, destroy everything and start over.

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Worst Sports Fans
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 05:38:43 PM »

I had always heard that the Phillie Eagles fans were horrible at one time, beating up anyone with an opposing jersey ETC. Also heard the same about Raiders fans who were reported to be even worse. And it doesn't stop at football. Reports of Vancouver Canucks fans hooligans in 2011 were beating up Bruins fans in the Stanley cup series and then when the Nucks lost? Well.. riots. Are baseball fans better than the rest in general? That I do not know. We could include the damage and hooliganism of soccer fans in the UK.. Fucking Wankers!

Interestingly enough, the fans I hate the most correspond almost exactly with the teams I hate the most.

One exception, while the Oregon Ducks are a little lower down in my Top Ten most hated teams, their fans (you know, the ones with big yellow zeros on their hats) are Number One.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 05:39:13 PM »

Los Angeles Dodger fans have murdered a couple/few people and permanently disabled others. Most in the parking lot, there have been some incidences along the roads getting to the stadium.

Funny, a parolee with a history of violent crimes got out of an accusation because he was at Dodger stadium while a crime was occurring near his house. There was a video of him in the stands... Again, a guy on parole with the history of violent crime at a Dodger game.
Eh, nevermind...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 04:06:56 AM »
From my own personal experience in games that I've gone to, I will say Cincinnati Reds fans and Philadelphia Flyers fans.  It's not a blanket statement against Reds fans, but years ago I went to a 3 game series to see the Pirates and Reds at Three Rivers Stadium.  We were sitting behind a row of Reds fans for each game and these dudes sucked.  The women with them were just as awful.  Vulgar, disrespectful, and one guy put a forearm into a little kid who was trying to get a foul ball.  That caused quite a ruckus.

Seeing many Penguins games at the old Civic Arena, the Flyers fans would do nothing but constantly talk shit.  That was to be expected though because of the Pittsburgh vs. Philly rivalry.  The thing is, they were in Pittsburgh and some drunk Yinzer would've started a fight with them.  It has happened.  I just didn't witness it.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 04:33:00 AM »
There are awful fans at games, then there are awful fans you have to live around.  Of the latter, I would put Florida Gator fans at the top.  They are arrogant until you remind them of some past embarrassing loss (Fourth and Dumb- 1976 loss to Georgia, Run Lindsey - 1980 loss to Georgia,  The Choke at Doak - 1994 tie with Florida State that felt like a loss, Two Point Conversion - 2022 loss to Tennessee) then they turn whiny and are loudly defensive for the rest of the day. Insufferable.
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 06:42:46 AM »
From my own personal experience in games that I've gone to, I will say Cincinnati Reds fans and Philadelphia Flyers fans.  It's not a blanket statement against Reds fans, but years ago I went to a 3 game series to see the Pirates and Reds at Three Rivers Stadium.  We were sitting behind a row of Reds fans for each game and these dudes sucked.  The women with them were just as awful.  Vulgar, disrespectful, and one guy put a forearm into a little kid who was trying to get a foul ball.  That caused quite a ruckus.

Seeing many Penguins games at the old Civic Arena, the Flyers fans would do nothing but constantly talk shit.  That was to be expected though because of the Pittsburgh vs. Philly rivalry.  The thing is, they were in Pittsburgh and some drunk Yinzer would've started a fight with them.  It has happened.  I just didn't witness it.
The Reds have sucked for quite some time now. I think many of the so-called “fans” they attract now are just looking for another excuse to get drunk and display their idiocy. I pretty much lost interest in the Reds and the MLB, in general, not long after free agency began to rule. The players started losing their team identity and became more like roving mercenaries or “hired guns,” at least for me.
Antaŭen kamaradoj!

Uncle Duke

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2022, 08:45:07 AM »
Ohio St. football fans, truly classless.  They are well known for harassing visiting fans, especially the families of opposition players attending games at OSU.  Big Ten visiting teams are use to it and expect it, but it's a shock to non-conf opponents.  It was so bad several years ago when Texas came to OSU, the president of OSU personally apologized to his UT counterpart for how their fans were treated.

Back ten years or so ago, Navy came to OSU for the season home opener.  The OSU alumi association and ticket office sent out emails from the OSU president asking the fans to be respectful of and not harass those from the Naval Academy who would be attending the game.  It played on patriotism and respect for the military. 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 01:31:04 PM »
Ohio St. football fans, truly classless.  They are well known for harassing visiting fans, especially the families of opposition players attending games at OSU.  Big Ten visiting teams are use to it and expect it, but it's a shock to non-conf opponents.  It was so bad several years ago when Texas came to OSU, the president of OSU personally apologized to his UT counterpart for how their fans were treated.

Back ten years or so ago, Navy came to OSU for the season home opener.  The OSU alumi association and ticket office sent out emails from the OSU president asking the fans to be respectful of and not harass those from the Naval Academy who would be attending the game.  It played on patriotism and respect for the military.
There's a few in there that I never would've thought of. Ohians?

And what @ShayP says about REDS fans. I wouldn't have thunk any of this. Wonder why..
When success and happiness will no longer suffice, destroy everything and start over.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2022, 01:33:00 PM »

Sounds like Regina fans in general. Fucking horrible. Especially the CFL ones. Poor sports to say the least.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2022, 04:45:21 PM »
The Reds have sucked for quite some time now. I think many of the so-called “fans” they attract now are just looking for another excuse to get drunk and display their idiocy...

Isn't that most fans? 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2022, 07:48:17 PM »
There's a few in there that I never would've thought of. Ohians?

And what @ShayP says about REDS fans. I wouldn't have thunk any of this. Wonder why..

That was just those 3 games.  The last one being the pinnacle of.  @KSM  The worst part was giving a forearm shiver to a little girl.  Her father was on the spot and me and my buddies were too, as were a few others that saw what happened.  The Reds fans were tossed out and were talking about meeting them outside as if there was going to be a big throw-down.  ::)  It was a pathetic scene.  That group of Reds fans were just there to cause trouble. Probably went on a 3 day bender and the last day is when the shit hit the fan.

The thing is.  Maybe not all were from Ohio.  I used to like the Expos but I'm not from Canada.  I'd sport an Expos jersey or cap anytime.

That's really the only time I experienced that at a baseball game, or games, and I've been to a lot.

Typically it's a good time speaking with fans of an opposite team and giving each other some crap about their respective teams.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2022, 09:05:14 AM »
That was just those 3 games.  The last one being the pinnacle of.  @KSM  The worst part was giving a forearm shiver to a little girl.  Her father was on the spot and me and my buddies were too, as were a few others that saw what happened.  The Reds fans were tossed out and were talking about meeting them outside as if there was going to be a big throw-down.  ::)  It was a pathetic scene.  That group of Reds fans were just there to cause trouble. Probably went on a 3 day bender and the last day is when the shit hit the fan.

The thing is.  Maybe not all were from Ohio.  I used to like the Expos but I'm not from Canada.  I'd sport an Expos jersey or cap anytime.

That's really the only time I experienced that at a baseball game, or games, and I've been to a lot.

Typically it's a good time speaking with fans of an opposite team and giving each other some crap about their respective teams.

Wow. That's interesting. I guess the WKRP song makes Cincinatti seem like a nice place.  :D

PS What is a forearm shiver? @ShayP

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2022, 09:07:01 AM »
Interestingly enough, the fans I hate the most correspond almost exactly with the teams I hate the most.

One exception, while the Oregon Ducks are a little lower down in my Top Ten most hated teams, their fans (you know, the ones with big yellow zeros on their hats) are Number One.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Anyone who would wear that cap is up to no good.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2022, 09:13:08 AM »
WKRP was actually based on WQXI radio in Atlanta. Dr. Johnny Fever was based on a DJ from Canada who used the air name Skinny Bobby Harper.
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2022, 09:16:48 AM »
Wow. That's interesting. I guess the WKRP song makes Cincinatti seem like a nice place.  :D

PS What is a forearm shiver? @ShayP

@KSM Bend the elbow and throw a strike into someone with your forearm, or use it as a block.  That dude, that I assume was in his late 20's, did that to a pre-teen girl.  >:(  For a damn baseball.  ::) 

The theme song for WKRP in Cincinnati is somewhat soothing.  :D ;)