Author Topic: College Football  (Read 12260 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: College Football
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2021, 05:18:11 PM »
Number of reports that Brian Kelly is headed to LSU.  The cultural fit is hard to imagine, but the dollars must be good for Kelly.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2021, 06:04:30 PM »
Thev whiners at Florida are already complaining that Billy Napier is a high integrity guy who they fear will not recruit thugs and criminals to the Gators.  It’s often said Florida fans have the arrogance of Notre Dame and the accomplishments of Wake Forest.
Merry Christmas

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2021, 06:12:36 PM »
I miss trostol, the guy that started this thread.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2021, 06:23:11 PM »
Number of reports that Brian Kelly is headed to LSU.  The cultural fit is hard to imagine, but the dollars must be good for Kelly.

Hard to believe LSU is hiring a 60 year old coach to rebuild a such a dismal program.   On the plus side, high probability ND will hire Luke Fickell to replace him.  Two years ago he said he'd leave UC for only two jobs ...OSU and ND.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2021, 06:32:25 PM »
Hard to believe LSU is hiring a 60 year old coach to rebuild a such a dismal program.   On the plus side, high probability ND will hire Luke Fickell to replace him.  Two years ago he said he'd leave UC for only two jobs ...OSU and ND.
Yeah, I hate to see Luke leave UC.  Guess who is Ohio State’s first opponent next year?  Notre Dame.  Somewhat ironic that his first game as a Domer would be against his old college team.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see him beat the Buckeyes, especially if OSU looks as lost as they did last Saturday against TTUN.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2021, 11:36:49 PM »
Just last night I got a message from a friend who's a bigtime LSU fan telling me they were going to hire Riley.

He was Played.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2021, 07:12:43 AM »
$15M

Dayum.  Dem swamp boys want dem some Irish.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2021, 09:14:44 AM »
Latest is Kelly is trying to lure away ND defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman to be his DC at LSU.  Freeman is viewed by many as the top up and coming young coach in all college football. Kelly will be able to pay Freeman 3-4 times what he's making at ND, a school known for low pay for its assistants.  Some are suggesting ND name him as their new head coach, a risky move hiring a 35 year-old with no previous heading coaching experience for the job.  Whether ND is willing to admit it or not, they also must be taking into account Freeman is black.  If he tanks and ND fires him, they will face charges of racism.  They had to deal with this in the early 2000s when they fired Tyrone Willingham, and teams used this as a negative recruiting ploy against ND for several years. 

I think ND should hire a coach with previous head coaching experience and let him pick his staff.  My top three choices would be Fickell, NW's Pat Fitzgerald, or Vandy's (and former ND DC) Clark Lea.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2021, 10:18:34 AM »
Latest is Kelly is trying to lure away ND defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman to be his DC at LSU.  Freeman is viewed by many as the top up and coming young coach in all college football. Kelly will be able to pay Freeman 3-4 times what he's making at ND, a school known for low pay for its assistants.  Some are suggesting ND name him as their new head coach, a risky move hiring a 35 year-old with no previous heading coaching experience for the job.  Whether ND is willing to admit it or not, they also must be taking into account Freeman is black.  If he tanks and ND fires him, they will face charges of racism.  They had to deal with this in the early 2000s when they fired Tyrone Willingham, and teams used this as a negative recruiting ploy against ND for several years. 

I think ND should hire a coach with previous head coaching experience and let him pick his staff.  My top three choices would be Fickell, NW's Pat Fitzgerald, or Vandy's (and former ND DC) Clark Lea.

I'm not one for wanting to make the Lesser Satan that is Notre Dame any better but they should also look strongly at Dave Clawson at Wake Forest.  Darn good coach.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2021, 10:37:14 AM »
I'm not one for wanting to make the Lesser Satan that is Notre Dame any better but they should also look strongly at Dave Clawson at Wake Forest.  Darn good coach.

I agree with you.  Not only is he a good coach, but at Wake he's been coaching at a faith based school with high academic standards. His offenses are also fun to watch.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2021, 03:29:38 PM »
Some good college football last weekend.  UC makes the CFP and the Baylor-OSU game came down to OSU missing a game winning TD by just a matter of inches, possibly costing them a CFP spot over UC.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2021, 08:19:41 PM »

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2022, 10:05:53 PM »
With more bowl games than ever, the Pac-12 only managed to have 6 teams get in.

They went 0-5, with 1 game canceled due to covid.

The less prestigious, for now, Mountain West Conference went 5-1 - with a cancellation.