Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM With Richard Syrett  (Read 11095 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Coast to Coast AM With Richard Syrett
« on: July 08, 2018, 02:25:49 AM »
Sounding great tonight!

sumethinz new

• KDWN
Re: Coast to Coast AM With Richard Syrett
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 07:38:04 AM »
Listened in for the first half, and I have to say the topic didn't sound like my cuppa tea but it turned out very well indeed. Syrett is one of my favorites

El Chorro

• KIDD
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 10:50:22 AM »
I enjoyed the Hollywood part very much (didn't hear the other half).

As pervasive as Hollywood mind-control may be, social media is the same on steroids. Twitter in particular masquerades as a people's platform, but the Moments feed and trend lists are trying to zap us into the worst kind of global relativists.

zeebo

• KDWN
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 02:37:29 PM »
I used to joke about Syrett sounding like a wizened forest gnome, but he's grown on me over time.  He's got an easygoing conversational vibe, and asks good questions while allowing the guests plenty of latitude.  For awhile now he's been my favorite non-Knapp host of C2C.  (Probably tied with Ian now that he's back.)

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 03:15:27 PM »
I used to joke about Syrett sounding like a wizened forest gnome, but he's grown on me over time.  He's got an easygoing conversational vibe, and asks good questions while allowing the guests plenty of latitude.  For awhile now he's been my favorite non-Knapp host of C2C.  (Probably tied with Ian now that he's back.)

Ditto on Syrett, I try not to miss his podcast - love the intro.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 01:28:41 AM »
So we learned tonight that Elvis was literally full of shit when he died.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 07:46:01 AM »
I listened last night, and actually was not waiting for the commercial break. No, it was an interesting show, and I did not finish all if it, I listened to about half. 

I was weary from working all day, on a weekend and drifted out.  That was not due to non-interest in the show. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 05:03:54 PM »
This may be pretty good!

DATE
Friday - September 21, 2018

HOST
Richard Syrett

GUESTS
Alan Parsons, Kevin J. Hayes,    Open Lines

Legendary engineer, producer, and artist Alan Parsons' recording career got off to a great start with the Beatles when he served as their assistant engineer on ''Let It Be'' and ''Abbey Road.'' He joins guest host Richard Syrett to discuss his dazzling career and the state of the recording industry. Followed by Kevin J. Hayes, who'll talk about Edgar Allan Poe, and Open Lines in the latter half.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 05:14:18 PM »
This may be pretty good!

DATE
Friday - September 21, 2018
...Followed by Kevin J. Hayes, who'll talk about Edgar Allan Poe, and Open Lines in the latter half.
Will Syrett salute Jorch by skipping out early during "opeen lines" and play Jorch's tired "The Raven" reading, due to popular demand?  ;) ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 06:55:28 AM »
Will Syrett salute Jorch by skipping out early during "opeen lines" and play Jorch's tired "The Raven" reading, due to popular demand?  ;) ;D
Ha!  ;D  Thankfully Syrett did not do that.  Although since you mentioned it I started to hear it in my head.  :P  Anyway, my feeling is the guest speaking about Poe would've been better off with Noory.  Syrett tried to go deeper into the subject and ask follow-up questions, however, he would get an "I don't know" or "Not sure" or "Haven't heard of that", etc.  Good 'ol Jorch would just lob softball questions at him and the guest wouldn't have to worry about details or even saying much at all.  ;)

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 07:59:58 PM »
Maybe the weirdest call ever from Charles from Elgin, TX last night.  Charles told Syrett his Dad had very strange physiology, and he (Charles) had a special technique for reviving him but was precluded from doing so.  He also said he thought his Dad was still alive in the funeral home, and he had not been embalmed before being interred "several days later". Is that even legal?

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2018, 06:53:19 PM »
Bonnie was an interesting caller with elaborate theories regarding Hitler and Antarctica and her abduction, persecution, cyborg NAZIs, secret bases, and such. She beat out guest Brad Olsen- who also had some interesting stuff about the on going Antarctic Shenanigans.   Syrett also regaled tales about buying a Christmas Tree at Canadian Tire (must be a Canadian thing to buy trees at a tire shop) but having a small car, Subaru, and using bungee cords to attach said tree to take home.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2018/12/21

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 06:59:58 PM »
Bonnie was an interesting caller with elaborate theories regarding Hitler and Antarctica and her abduction, persecution, cyborg NAZIs, secret bases, and such. She beat out guest Brad Olsen- who also had some interesting stuff about the on going Antarctic Shenanigans.   Syrett also regaled tales about buying a Christmas Tree at Canadian Tire (must be a Canadian thing to buy trees at a tire shop) but having a small car, Subaru, and using bungee cords to attach said tree to take home.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2018/12/21
Canadian Tire is a huge big box store. Wasn't always that way, started out very small like a Walmart kind of thing. If I go to my local CT I know where the lawn fertilizer is and I also know where I can find kitchen appliances but I'll be dammed if I know where the tire section is. Don't even know if they fucking have one anymore.  I'll be cleaning them out of solar panels is February if the same deal as last year comes around.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2018, 07:17:31 PM »
Canadian Tire is a huge big box store. Wasn't always that way, started out very small like a Walmart kind of thing. If I go to my local CT I know where the lawn fertilizer is and I also know where I can find kitchen appliances but I'll be dammed if I know where the tire section is. Don't even know if they fucking have one anymore.  I'll be cleaning them out of solar panels is February if the same deal as last year comes around.

Ok, that explains it. I love Syrett shows, he gets the great callers like Art used to have. Not like Norry, etc.

"Oh Dear" "Good Lord" from Syrett to another crazy caller Lyra who lives on a rural property in an RV (without water or plumbing) to get away from drug users and has little dinosaurs, aliens, and orbs and when she takes photos of mountains that look like "elephants, rhinos, and hippos" they don't show up on the camera! She had a candle in the window (she has no power) and she saw a GHOUL in the window!! There is also was a guy who recently died on the property but can't move because her "kidneys are going out."

Richard discovered, in 1965, a 100 ton rock in a river "Tony Pass" that is a super old, lost city! And then in 1985 the Smithsonian accused him of carving the tools and rocks to look like the lost city! His site:

http://rivercityseamonsters.com/

Some great callers on with Syrett not sure how he gets the good ones! 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2018, 07:41:54 PM »
Ok, that explains it. I love Syrett shows, he gets the great callers like Art used to have. Not like Norry, etc.

"Oh Dear" "Good Lord" from Syrett to another crazy caller Lyra who lives on a rural property in an RV (without water or plumbing) to get away from drug users and has little dinosaurs, aliens, and orbs and when she takes photos of mountains that look like "elephants, rhinos, and hippos" they don't show up on the camera! She had a candle in the window (she has no power) and she saw a GHOUL in the window!! There is also was a guy who recently died on the property but can't move because her "kidneys are going out."

Richard discovered, in 1965, a 100 ton rock in a river "Tony Pass" that is a super old, lost city! And then in 1985 the Smithsonian accused him of carving the tools and rocks to look like the lost city! His site:

http://rivercityseamonsters.com/

Some great callers on with Syrett not sure how he gets the good ones!
You're really making me rethink my not listening to Coast anymore. Richard has a particular voice and his delivery is a quirky but smart one. Maybe HE just brings out the colorful callers. He does have an odd way about him IMO, and he likes his beer ;D  Now I'll check out that link you posted.

Have a good Christmas