Author Topic: NBA  (Read 4771 times)

PB

• Ellevated
NBA
« on: September 19, 2020, 04:38:43 PM »
Tone deaf LerBon James apparently has no idea how much people hate him, how tired they are of hearing his dumb comments - from the way he left the Cavs to play in Miami, to declaring himself the GOAT (he's not even Top 5), to the kowtowing before the Communist Party of China regarding Hong Kong pro-democracy protestors, to stating ''black people are being hunted down “literally” every time they leave their homes'', to now whining about the voting for league MVP.  And plenty in between.

Maybe it's time to stop tweeting and talking to reporters about anything other than the game itself.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/09/19/lakers-lebron-james-pissed-about-nba-mvp-voting/

He recently said he didn't want people to put pressure on his son.  The one he named LeBron James Jr.

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: NBA
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 01:42:59 PM »
Will his son be referred to as King Jr.  Or is he a prince?  LeBron is an idiot.  These guys better be careful once the season is over and they leave the bubble.  They'll be hoards of people hunting them down.   ::)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 03:06:46 PM »
Will his son be referred to as King Jr.  Or is he a prince?...

Not sure, for now it's just ''Bronnie''

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 03:42:00 AM »
The Nets gave away their future to get James Harden, the most unwatchable player in the league - bounce, bounce, bounce, jump into the defender while launching a shot from Mars, go to the line, watch as your team goes back on defense, get the ball back, repeat.

Who wouldn't want to play with James, or watch that all night every night.

So now the Nets have Harden, Kyrie, and KD, but no one to play defense.

Kyrie finally rejoins the team from his... sabbatical?... in their first game together they score 38 (KD), 37 (Kyrie), and 21... and lose 147-135.  To Cleveland.  LOL.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 06:27:50 AM »
The Nets gave away their future to get James Harden, the most unwatchable player in the league - bounce, bounce, bounce, jump into the defender while launching a shot from Mars, go to the line, watch as your team goes back on defense, get the ball back, repeat.

Who wouldn't want to play with James, or watch that all night every night.

So now the Nets have Harden, Kyrie, and KD, but no one to play defense.

Kyrie finally rejoins the team from his... sabbatical?... in their first game together they score 38 (KD), 37 (Kyrie), and 21... and lose 147-135.  To Cleveland.  LOL.

The NBA is such a joke.  Yet another sport that is nearly unwatchable.  I loved it in the late 70's to the early 90's though.  Now I just take a glance every once in a while.
 Anyway, these guys are babies that just want to play with there buddies.   I don't see how the Nets can maintain chemistry because those three guys are ball hogs.  One of them will get disgruntled soon enough.  I'm sure the coach will be to blame.  ::)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 03:05:08 PM »
Some soccer player suggested LerBon shut up and dribble, and Bonnie responded that" I would never shut up about things that are wrong", and that he has ''an educated mind''.

Never mind that he said cops are actively hunting black people, that he attacked an NBA GM for supporting freedom in Hong Hong in the face of Chinese police and military violent suppression, intimidated the rest of the NBA into not speaking out, and has had no response to questions about the Chinese concentration camps for the Uighur people.

So much for ''not shutting up about things that are wrong''.  Only when it affects his shoe deals I suppose. 

Never mind causing police to be attacked and nearly killed shortly after he made the ''hunting black people'' comments.

The interesting item here is his claim to have ''an educated mind''.  WTF?  What a clunky, odd sounding way of making the point that he's not some typical low information indoctrinated twit. 

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 06:58:15 PM »
Who's the GOAT?

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 10:29:32 PM »

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 09:03:22 PM »
Did anybody else follow the whole Rachel Nichols debacle ? I will try to give a quick rundown on what happened

White female ESPN host (Nichols) was suddenly removed from hosting duties in the NBA finals last year and replaced with back up black woman (Maria Taylor) and was demoted to sideline reporter

During the NBA playoffs this week a private recording of Nichols talking to someone about the odd move. Nichols: So they said to me 'Hey instead of hosting the NBA Finals, how about you do sideline reporter job for the NBA Finals?' [pause] 'Cause guess what that would clear the way for?.... For Maria to do the hosting full time.

So I have declined. I don't know what their next move is, but they are feeling pressure because of...all of that, and I'm trying to figure out, like how to just...you know, my thing is, I wish Maria Taylor all the success in the world — she covers football, she covers basketball.If you need to give her more things to do because you are feeling pressure about your crappy longtime record on diversity — which, by the way, I know personally from the female side of it — like, go for it. Just find it somewhere else. You are not going to find it from me or taking my thing away.”

When the recording came out... ESPN/ABC then removed her from this years sideline reporting to give that sport to another black woman (Malika Andrews)... BTW the woman who leaked the audio is a digital video producer (Kayla Johnson) who got a 2 week suspension when it was found out.

-----------------------------

So black and woke twitter are all trashing on Rachel. This might surprise some but I am totally on Rachel side here, she literally did nothing wrong, Nichols is 100% right this was all done to pander to BLM of last year and of course it's totally unfair and total BS for her to get demoted during the finals. If the switch happened in the off-season, okay that can be more legit, but in a panic move right before playoffs, that's wrong and anybody else would react the same.

That producer should be fired, to leak a co-worker conversation, that is just dirty. As for Maria Taylor she already left ESPN this month to work for NBC

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2021, 03:09:31 AM »
A sorry incident.  I don’t know Rachel’s work, but I do know Maria’s.  She’s very good and could well have deserved the promotion based solely on that.  She’s now been hired by NBC to an even bigger job.
Merry Christmas

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 07:51:36 PM »
I have yet to hear a female broadcaster that truly knows the game, or is interesting to listen to.  Not that there are that may good male announcer/broadcasters either.  I could say more but I'm probably already in trouble.  I'm curious about who got bumped when Rach originally got the job.

Besides, shouldn't this job now go to a transgender identifying as female?  As long as ESPN is focused on Woke virtue signaling equity, instead of fairness.  Rachel knew who she was working for.

In all this, I mostly have sympathy for myself.  Every person who gets cable is paying $5 a month to these pukes, whether we watch their station or not.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2022, 09:22:11 PM »
Boston eliminated the Bucks, and Dallas eliminated Phoenix.

The way is a lot more clear for the Warriors to win another chip. 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2022, 01:38:49 PM »

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2022, 01:43:31 PM »
Maybe you should just stop watching! @PB!!

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/05/17/matt-walsh-drops-deadspin-writer-claiming-white-people-watching-black-athletes-play-basketball-after-buffalo-shooting-is-white-supremacy/

https://www.foxnews.com/media/deadspin-white-fans-black-nba-players-white-supremacy

Not being racist, of course I don't watch.  I do follow along, read the box scores and so on. 

I think that's still ok, as long as I'm not buying tickets, certain cereal, or Nike shoes, right?

Frankly, with the ugly tattoos and stupid looking hair styles, how does anyone watch?