Author Topic: a perfect ghost story  (Read 6721 times)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: a perfect ghost story
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 06:42:15 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Vincent always loved a good smoke.
..and a good woman or two or THREE women. ::)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2020, 05:06:12 PM »
One of my favorite erotic horror film movies is “THE HUNGER” 1983. Not only David Bowie is in this vampire film but also Peter Murphy (Bauhaus).

@Bart Ell   Do you like Peter Murphy?

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2020, 07:10:17 PM »
One of my favorite erotic horror film movies is “THE HUNGER” 1983. Not only David Bowie is in this vampire film but also Peter Murphy (Bauhaus).

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2020, 07:48:07 PM »

Not as much as I like the sandwich @ShayP made.
CAN I HAVE IT?

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 12:58:25 PM »

Wow. I don’t know if I’ve ever actually seen The Hunger.
Is automatically erotic because Vampires?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 01:35:27 PM »
I binged The Haunting of Bly Manor last weekend

There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 01:36:16 PM »

So true!!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2020, 10:01:49 AM »
Would it be wrong to post George Noory's reading of The Tell-Tale Heart?  ;D

Yes, but do it. Find Coaster to illustrate it.

@juan  Your response still makes me chuckle. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2020, 10:03:07 AM »
I binged The Haunting of Bly Manor last weekend

@PolkaDot  Is it worth it?  I heard it was based on the novel, Turn of the Screw.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2020, 10:16:31 AM »
Noting is considered wrong for this thread.

Okay.  Here's an experience I had many years ago...

I saw a ghost when I was a child.  There is no doubt about what I saw.  It wasn't a dream, or me falling into a sleep state.  I will try to paint a picture for you all.

I was 9 years old.  At the time my Mother, Grandmother, and myself lived in a small row house in Pittsburgh.  As a child I was a restless sleeper and would hop from bed to bed, or even the couch.  I, for some reason, couldn't just stay in my own room.  There were three bedrooms upstairs and all were adjacent to each other with the doorways all in line with each other.  So if you stood in my room you could see into the room at the front of the house.  The rooms were small.  Mine was in the back of the house, my Grandmother's in the middle, and my Mom's in the front.  My Mom was away with the Army at the time of the incident.  My Grandmother was sleeping soundly in her room.  She snored loudly.  That fact is relevant to this story.  I woke up shortly after midnight and couldn't fall to sleep.  My Grandmother made a point to tell me to stay in my bed.  Well, I didn't.  I snuck through her room and entered my Mom's.  We always had little nightlights in the house so nearly every room had some dim light.  When I entered my Mom's room I climbed onto the bed and turned the lamp on the low setting because the nightlight was too dim.  I did this because I wanted to play with my Matchbox cars.  I was careful not to disturb the bedspread because I knew if I did I would get scolded for not staying in my room through the night.  I had two Matchbox cars with me.  One was a purple dune buggy with yellow specks, and the other was a emergency vehicle.  I was zooming them around the bed periodically looking towards the doorway and listening for my Grandmother in case she stopped snoring. If she did, I would've cut out the light and waited to sneak back in my room.

I may have been in the room for just 10 minutes or so.  I glanced by the doorway and was startled by what I thought was my Grandmother standing there, leaning on the frame of the door.  I immediately swung my legs over the bed to put my slippers on.  While doing so, with my head down (because I knew I was busted!) I said "I'm sorry Nana, I'll go to my room."  I started towards the doorway and I felt really weird.  I realized quickly that this wasn't my Grandmother because I still could could hear her snoring.  I froze and screamed "Nana...Nana!!!"  I heard her stop snoring and grumble "WHAT!?"  At that moment, I was standing in the doorway looking through this ghost.  It was like looking through fog.  I also realized that 'who' I saw was my Grandmother's sister (my Great-Aunt) who died the year before.  I freaked out, closed my eyes, and ran through 'it' and jumped in my Grandmother's bed.

She comforted me and didn't doubt me because she was not only superstitious but also religious.  She essentially told me everything was okay, etc, so as to make me feel comforted. 

I never forgot that incident and it has stuck with me fresh in my mind.  I never gave it much thought growing up, but never forgot it either.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2020, 10:39:32 AM »
Okay.  Here's an experience I had many years ago...

I saw a ghost when I was a child.  There is no doubt about what I saw.  It wasn't a dream, or me falling into a sleep state.  I will try to paint a picture for you all.

I was 9 years old.  At the time my Mother, Grandmother, and myself lived in a small row house in Pittsburgh.  As a child I was a restless sleeper and would hop from bed to bed, or even the couch.  I, for some reason, couldn't just stay in my own room.  There were three bedrooms upstairs and all were adjacent to each other with the doorways all in line with each other.  So if you stood in my room you could see into the room at the front of the house.  The rooms were small.  Mine was in the back of the house, my Grandmother's in the middle, and my Mom's in the front.  My Mom was away with the Army at the time of the incident.  My Grandmother was sleeping soundly in her room.  She snored loudly.  That fact is relevant to this story.  I woke up shortly after midnight and couldn't fall to sleep.  My Grandmother made a point to tell me to stay in my bed.  Well, I didn't.  I snuck through her room and entered my Mom's.  We always had little nightlights in the house so nearly every room had some dim light.  When I entered my Mom's room I climbed onto the bed and turned the lamp on the low setting because the nightlight was too dim.  I did this because I wanted to play with my Matchbox cars.  I was careful not to disturb the bedspread because I knew if I did I would get scolded for not staying in my room through the night.  I had two Matchbox cars with me.  One was a purple dune buggy with yellow specks, and the other was a emergency vehicle.  I was zooming them around the bed periodically looking towards the doorway and listening for my Grandmother in case she stopped snoring. If she did, I would've cut out the light and waited to sneak back in my room.

I may have been in the room for just 10 minutes or so.  I glanced by the doorway and was startled by what I thought was my Grandmother standing there, leaning on the frame of the door.  I immediately swung my legs over the bed to put my slippers on.  While doing so, with my head down (because I knew I was busted!) I said "I'm sorry Nana, I'll go to my room."  I started towards the doorway and I felt really weird.  I realized quickly that this wasn't my Grandmother because I still could could hear her snoring.  I froze and screamed "Nana...Nana!!!"  I heard her stop snoring and grumble "WHAT!?"  At that moment, I was standing in the doorway looking through this ghost.  It was like looking through fog.  I also realized that 'who' I saw was my Grandmother's sister (my Great-Aunt) who died the year before.  I freaked out, closed my eyes, and ran through 'it' and jumped in my Grandmother's bed.

She comforted me and didn't doubt me because she was not only superstitious but also religious.  She essentially told me everything was okay, etc, so as to make me feel comforted. 

I never forgot that incident and it has stuck with me fresh in my mind.  I never gave it much thought growing up, but never forgot it either.

VERY interesting. Did that Great-Aunt die in that house?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2020, 02:25:55 PM »
VERY interesting. Did that Great-Aunt die in that house?

No ma'am, @anniem she did not. 

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2020, 02:27:41 PM »
No ma'am, @anniem she did not.

I suppose that it would be comforting to know your great-aunt was checking in on you @ShayP.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2020, 02:34:54 PM »
I suppose that it would be comforting to know your great-aunt was checking in on you @ShayP.

Possibly @Ciardelo , but I was in my Mom's room.  Maybe she intended to check in on her?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2020, 03:00:33 PM »