Author Topic: The Super Awesome Board Game Thread  (Read 4243 times)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
Re: The Super Awesome Board Game Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 08:45:19 AM »
NEVER-MIND! THERE IS ALREADY A GAMES THREAD

FUCK THIS SHIT!!
Instead of just cursing the darkness, could you please light a candle by linking to the thread?

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2021, 08:57:53 AM »
Check this one out

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373538142566?hash=item56f89bb966:g:W5MAAOSwR6FgVfHW

Muwahahahahahaha. Let's play a game.   Then we can play the 'Public Assistance' game.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2021, 08:58:44 AM »
Yes it has changed quite a bit since the one you grew up with.
They got rid of the bottle of scotch and the inflatable bounce back woman.
You no longer get drunk and beat up your wife after a tough day of Operation.

Millenial Scum.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2021, 09:06:41 AM »
Millenial Scum.

You seem angry that I didn't mention the hookers you beat up because you could never get someone to marry you so you never had a chance to beat up your wife.
Fine, wives and hookers.
Happy now?

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2021, 09:15:03 AM »
You seem angry that I didn't mention the hookers you beat up because you could never get someone to marry you so you never had a chance to beat up your wife.
Fine, wives and hookers.
Happy now?

Well, that's better.  I'm watching you, dammit.  And next time, be sure to include the copious lines of blow...  Dammit.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2021, 09:18:57 AM »
Well, that's better.  I'm watching you, dammit.  And next time, be sure to include the copious lines of blow...  Dammit.

We all know the blow is just to try and wake up your sleepy prick.
It's the drinking that makes it sleepy.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2021, 09:29:52 AM »
We all know the blow is just to try and wake up your sleepy prick.
It's the drinking that makes it sleepy.
If you gave a proper dick massage prior to expecting any kind of performance, well then, we'd have something to talk about.  FFS, do you think Dean Martin took this kind of gaff fm his underlings?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2021, 11:31:44 AM »
Instead of just cursing the darkness, could you please light a candle by linking to the thread?
If it's all the same to you, I'd much rather curse the darkness.  Tis a dangerous, game.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2021, 11:40:46 AM »
That’s because your wife told you and you edited your post. I heard your generation’s version of Operation doesn’t have the tweezers. There are just different kinds of essential oils and an eye dropper.

I was the eldest of 5. There are lots of games that my siblings played while I was out playing hockey or baseball. Chutes n Ladders. Mousetrap. Candy land. Uncle Wiggly. There were a few others that I can’t remember. 3 little sisters so there must have been a Barbie game somewhere along the line.

I remember playing cards more than board games. Every kid played War right? Canasta and Pinochle were played whenever relatives were visiting. Usually 2 tables. One for the adults and one for the older kids. My cousin and I were usually tapped to be the bartender. Pretty sure he and I drank more highballs than the adults did.

I choose not to play board games or card games anymore. I’m much too competitive and many of my relatives and friends cheat. Today the 3 game apps I play are Spider solitaire, cribbage and dominos. I am a domino savant. Currently running 88% wins vs losses on the “hard” setting. Slightly less successful at cribbage. Only 66%. I used to play a Texas Hold Em app but had stopped playing it because it was reigniting unhealthy gambling urges. I lost my iPhone in February and decided not to download it when I got my new phone.

Jenga is a wooden block game so I guess I will let you slide.

Scrabble was a popular game in my family. We used to have one of those 8” thick Webster dictionaries so I learned lots of obtuse words to spring on unsuspecting competitors.

Chinese checkers was out of the box quite a bit.
Good point about Jenga. I say we remove it from the list. Let it's name never darken our doors again.  I do have plans to make a giant outdoor jenga set from 4" - 4" - 24" posts for the airbnb. I figure it will top out at about 7'   That, would be fun.

Of course Operation comes with tethered tweezers but believe it or not we already had tweezers - normal ones for slivers and such.

Scrabble is a helluva game and should be in every home.

Interesting to read about you as a young bartender of sorts.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2021, 02:57:59 PM »
Good point about Jenga. I say we remove it from the list. Let it's name never darken our doors again.  I do have plans to make a giant outdoor jenga set from 4" - 4" - 24" posts for the airbnb. I figure it will top out at about 7'   That, would be fun.

Of course Operation comes with tethered tweezers but believe it or not we already had tweezers - normal ones for slivers and such.

Scrabble is a helluva game and should be in every home.

Interesting to read about you as a young bartender of sorts.

@KSM have you ever been wupped up the side of your noggin with a TWO FOOT long 4x4 ( Why didn’t you use metric?) that was approaching terminal velocity after falling from great heights? 

While I think it would be cool as shit, it’s sure to kill some little kid that runs up to the tower of blocks.
Are we having fun yet?

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2021, 03:05:59 PM »
@KSM have you ever been wupped up the side of your noggin with a TWO FOOT long 4x4 ( Why didn’t you use metric?) that was approaching terminal velocity after falling from great heights? 

While I think it would be cool as shit, it’s sure to kill some little kid that runs up to the tower of blocks.
It ain’t a party until someone loses an eye or gets a concussion.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2021, 06:14:05 PM »
It ain’t a party until someone loses an eye or gets a concussion.

You’re talking to the one-eyed guy who is a disabled vet from too many concussions.

Amazon has sets that stack to 5’

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2021, 06:16:05 PM »

As I've stated before; I never use metric. I could - but I don't.

I don't measure a floor out and say, well Mr. Smith, your living room measures out at 385 centimeters. Who the fuck would say such a thing? Inches, feet, and gallons! Although I do like seeing a roadside sign that says Rest Stop 2 km Ahead. I can have a sammich  :)

No I have never been wonked over the head with a 4-4. I've been kicked in the testies by a horse though.  :o
Not to worry about a child with giant Jenga. We do not allow children in that place anymore.

@GravitySucks We are also going to pick this up.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/719114836/giant-backyrd-kerplunk-yard-game?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-toys_and_games-sports_and_outdoor_games-lawn_games-other&utm_custom1=_k_EAIaIQobChMI8ujm7PzC8AIVKwWICR2AVwTXEAQYASABEgLzq_D_BwE_k_&utm_content=go_1844702853_71423545322_346398441529_pla-316493968521_c__719114836_113497628&utm_custom2=1844702853&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8ujm7PzC8AIVKwWICR2AVwTXEAQYASABEgLzq_D_BwE

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2021, 06:56:43 PM »
As I've stated before; I never use metric. I could - but I don't.

I don't measure a floor out and say, well Mr. Smith, your living room measures out at 385 centimeters. Who the fuck would say such a thing? Inches, feet, and gallons! Although I do like seeing a roadside sign that says Rest Stop 2 km Ahead. I can have a sammich  :)

No I have never been wonked over the head with a 4-4. I've been kicked in the testies by a horse though.  :o
Not to worry about a child with giant Jenga. We do not allow children in that place anymore.

@GravitySucks We are also going to pick this up.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/719114836/giant-backyrd-kerplunk-yard-game?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-toys_and_games-sports_and_outdoor_games-lawn_games-other&utm_custom1=_k_EAIaIQobChMI8ujm7PzC8AIVKwWICR2AVwTXEAQYASABEgLzq_D_BwE_k_&utm_content=go_1844702853_71423545322_346398441529_pla-316493968521_c__719114836_113497628&utm_custom2=1844702853&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8ujm7PzC8AIVKwWICR2AVwTXEAQYASABEgLzq_D_BwE

That is supposed to be “giant”?  Come down here and I’ll give you a bunch of 365cm cedar logs to make your own.
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2021, 07:56:15 PM »
That is supposed to be “giant”?  Come down here and I’ll give you a bunch of 365cm cedar logs to make your own.
*Grooaannn*... Oh for fuck sake! It's a big kerplunk game, ok!?  I! did not say that it was GIANT.

What's with you and the macho headgames!?  This is supposed to be a fun thread but instead it's author is being trolled and bullied.