Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 275298 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1050 on: May 28, 2021, 08:36:32 AM »
As I contemplate throwing my copy of The Quickening away... I noticed that Art signed it like a memo...  With a colon?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?

He loved his punctuation!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

WHATTTA MAROOOOOOON

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1051 on: June 02, 2021, 09:09:46 PM »
@sean92008  Don't trash your Quickening. I'll buy it from you. Name your price MAN!  I'll even throw in Vera!  :)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1052 on: June 02, 2021, 09:12:13 PM »
Listened to an old classic from 98 the other day while puttering around. Art's voice back then (Ramona Alive) was soooo much different. Infectious almost.

It was reeaal good.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1053 on: June 02, 2021, 09:19:17 PM »
@sean92008  Don't trash your Quickening. I'll buy it from you. Name your price MAN!  I'll even throw in Vera!  :)
You're in the Great White North, right?

Do you have a mail stop stateside?

Mailing to Canadia seems like it would be a pain in the ass.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1054 on: June 02, 2021, 11:17:22 PM »
You're in the Great White North, right?

Do you have a mail stop stateside?

Mailing to Canadia seems like it would be a pain in the ass.
Yes. I am up here in the frozen tundra. My igloo is three polar bears down from Bart's (hi Bart!) I just waved out the ice window at @Bart Ell (he never waves back) Anyways @sean92008 I don't even know what "mail stop stateside" is as I DO NOT RESIDE IN A STATE.
Nevertheless I and my fight, speed bag friends from all over the US and Coldada seem to have no problem mailing things back and fourth as if sending a heartfelt hand written letter to aunt Betty.

I you're worried about me knowing your home address, do not worry as three of my eight sled dogs have been put down with the covid. So showing up at your door for coffee is not an option and what dogs I have left would hate the so-Cali heat.

I kid.   No bother.   Throw the book out.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1055 on: June 03, 2021, 04:52:56 AM »
Yes. I am up here in the frozen tundra. My igloo is three polar bears down from Bart's (hi Bart!) I just waved out the ice window at @Bart Ell (he never waves back) Anyways @sean92008 I don't even know what "mail stop stateside" is as I DO NOT RESIDE IN A STATE.
Nevertheless I and my fight, speed bag friends from all over the US and Coldada seem to have no problem mailing things back and fourth as if sending a heartfelt hand written letter to aunt Betty.

I you're worried about me knowing your home address, do not worry as three of my eight sled dogs have been put down with the covid. So showing up at your door for coffee is not an option and what dogs I have left would hate the so-Cali heat.

You didn't come pick up that whale blubber yesterday!

Also - https://www.mymallbox.com/

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1056 on: June 03, 2021, 08:16:17 AM »

@KSM

Seriously, I'll mail it to you. I do know a lot of people though who have places they receive American mail at, mostly for online orders to circumvent taxes.

I just don't think I've mailed anything to Canada before, I figured something's got to be fruity about your postal system, you don't even have zip codes, you have LETTERS!

Thank God you're not from Quebec, you would demand we would send messages to you in French!
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1057 on: June 03, 2021, 10:01:39 AM »
@KSM

Seriously, I'll mail it to you. I do know a lot of people though who have places they receive American mail at, mostly for online orders to circumvent taxes.

I just don't think I've mailed anything to Canada before, I figured something's got to be fruity about your postal system, you don't even have zip codes, you have LETTERS!

Thank God you're not from Quebec, you would demand we would send messages to you in French!

Yeah we have all that normal stuff from postal codes, mailmen/women and mailboxes at the front door. I am straight up north of you in the same time zone.  I just waved..

I must apologize.  After looking through my AB books I was surprised to find The Quickening amongst the others. Not signed but.. meh  It must not be a very good book because it's in pristine condition and I have obviously never read it past the mid way point of the first chapter where the bookmark still is.

Quebec; I believe you can mail in English or French.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1058 on: June 03, 2021, 10:15:13 AM »
Quebec; I believe you can mail in English or French.

Yeah, you can...  They'll just spit on the package if it isn't in French 😁

#PQsupremacy
Eh, nevermind...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1059 on: June 03, 2021, 10:20:22 AM »

#PQsupremacy

This kind of anger can only mean one thing.
Shatner stretched out your girlfriend.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1060 on: June 03, 2021, 10:21:47 AM »
Shatner found a place deep inside her that made her knees weak and you knew you could never reach that spot.
Classic Shatner Quebec anger.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1061 on: June 03, 2021, 10:30:39 AM »

#PQsupremacy
My inlaws are from Montreal. Quite delightful, I must say.   Unless they decide they don't like you..  and then..  they'll ruin you and leave you penniless in a ditch. Lawyer folk  ::)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1062 on: June 03, 2021, 11:29:22 AM »
This kind of anger can only mean one thing.
Shatner stretched out your girlfriend.

Stretched out or squished? 😁

An old classmate was Shatner's PA after meeting him while working for the Spellings...  I had a collection of William Shatner's moving blankets and other trinkets.

#CoattailGroupieFucks
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1063 on: July 14, 2021, 12:20:45 AM »
Listening to a 1997 show with New York-based attorney, Rosalie Osias...

I googled her and found her to have died back in 2013 she was only 62.

She was the lawyer who would dress and mini skirts and fishnet stockings and preached women using their sexual appeal to open doors in business. Apparently she was the first woman attorney for the big banks in New York.  I am listening to the show on U7Radio.org
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1064 on: July 29, 2021, 12:34:01 AM »
Listening to old Art streaming on TuneIn...

The woman caller sounded a lot like Dr. Zasio from Hoarders! No, not a lot alike, exactly alike.

Eh, nevermind...