Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 19348 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: Dreams
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2020, 03:34:17 PM »
Kept mum, huh?

Well played sir.  Well played.  ;) ;D

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2020, 03:25:00 PM »
I haven’t seen any dream interpretation booklets, a.k.a. Dream Books, for sale in a long time.  Did the Internet kill those, too?
Immediately after the radio star.   :'(
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2021, 01:33:13 PM »
I dreamt that I was laid out on an operating table, waiting for surgery of some type.  I wasn't doped up or anything and in walked the surgeon.  Or rather wheeled in because it was a life sized cardboard cut out of President Trump.  Actually it was a big cartoon cutout of him and he was wearing a regular surgeon's uniform and one of those sideways white hats on top.  I freaked out and tried to hop off the operating table but naturally I couldn't move.  I heard someone's voice proclaim that I would be having my appendix removed and also possibly some open heart surgery.  I continued to struggle until I woke up. 

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2021, 11:42:27 PM »
To this day I still dream about the really cool double story, red bricked house that my aunt and uncle used to own.  In this particular dream, I made my way to the stairway and walked up to the second floor.  Much to my surprise there was an elevator there, so I got in and went up even higher.  When the elevator door opened I walked into the hallway of a brightly lit hospital wing.  I entered a large room filled with patients and nurses.  "Oh, there you are," a pretty, blonde haired nurse said to me.  "If you'll just sit here."  I sat on a padded exam table and awaited further instructions.  "If you'll just roll up your sleeve." she said.  I glanced around and noticed that dozens of people were all getting shots and then it came to me.  Of course...the vaccine!  So I rolled up a sleeve and the pretty nurse stuck me with the needle.  I smiled because I didn't feel a thing.  But then the nurse began to have trouble administering the shot.  "Oh come on now Dennis, this is no time to act up."  She was talking to the syringe.  She began to yank it all around while the needle was still in me and it started to really hurt.  After awhile she finally removed the needle and I beat a hasty retreat out of that room.  My arm was aching to beat the band and I felt dizzy and feverish.  I looked for the elevator and couldn't find it.  I wandered through rooms filled with sick and dying people and it smelled like blood, bandages and ether.  Finally I found the elevator and went back down to my aunt and uncle's house.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2021, 05:48:50 AM »
Know what I call it when we get a new dream entry?
A GOOD DAY!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2021, 02:16:07 PM »
A GOOD DAY!

Thanks Bart.  More to follow.  I've been having some really crazy ones of late.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2021, 08:20:20 PM »
A GOOD DAY!
And what are mine in the other thread, chopped liver?

Actually compared to his, they are.  Tonight I'll see if I can dream of some rye bread and pickles.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2021, 08:23:41 AM »
Perhaps both dream threads could be consolidated?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2021, 02:00:10 AM »
I dreamt that I was living in a strange world where everyone wore robes and all the men had long beards.  It was easy to find out what job I had because there was a trial going on.  A man was being held for murdering a popular citizen of the town.  The trial proceeded with the prosecutor and defense attorney both singing their side of the case.  That's right, they were singing, just like in an opera.  The jury sang like a chorus, the word guilty and the murderer was brought to me for sentencing.  In a grand, operatic voice, I sang that the man was to be released, and returned to his home, up on a mountain.  This rather shocked the large crowd of onlookers and there was much grumbling, but I had the final word.  The freed man laughed at everybody and then he walked up the mountain.  The next morning, he stepped outside his house into bright sunshine.  He took a big breath and chuckled some more at having gotten away with murder.  Right at that moment, there was an earth tremor and the ground opened up beneath him.  He fell screaming into a deep dark pit.  Down, down, down he went, until a length of chain, stretched across the pit, stopped him.  He was able to sit on the chain and after looking around he noticed that two skeletons were holding each end of the chain.   

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2021, 01:16:02 PM »
I dreamt that I was living in a strange world where everyone wore robes and all the men had long beards.  It was easy to find out what job I had because there was a trial going on.  A man was being held for murdering a popular citizen of the town.  The trial proceeded with the prosecutor and defense attorney both singing their side of the case.  That's right, they were singing, just like in an opera.  The jury sang like a chorus, the word guilty and the murderer was brought to me for sentencing.  In a grand, operatic voice, I sang that the man was to be released, and returned to his home, up on a mountain.  This rather shocked the large crowd of onlookers and there was much grumbling, but I had the final word.  The freed man laughed at everybody and then he walked up the mountain.  The next morning, he stepped outside his house into bright sunshine.  He took a big breath and chuckled some more at having gotten away with murder.  Right at that moment, there was an earth tremor and the ground opened up beneath him.  He fell screaming into a deep dark pit.  Down, down, down he went, until a length of chain, stretched across the pit, stopped him.  He was able to sit on the chain and after looking around he noticed that two skeletons were holding each end of the chain.
Did the onlookers grumble in song, or was it just...grumbling?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2021, 03:35:28 PM »
Did the onlookers grumble in song, or was it just...grumbling?

Just grumbling.  Likewise the murderer didn't scream in song as he was falling into the pit.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2021, 01:15:28 AM »
I dreamt that I was driving down the highway and my car's motor exploded.  I pulled over to the side of the road and called an auto mechanic.  He said no problem, that he did all kinds of engine work and that he would even tow the car to my place and do all the work there.  Fast forward to my house and the mechanic came up to me and said that he took the motor apart and that he had cleaned and repaired each individual piece.  I thought to myself that the car would surely run good now.  I eagerly followed him to my carport and there was my motor, only it was still in pieces.  Hundreds of parts all laid out on a big tarp.  Oh they were clean all right, very bright and shiny.  The motor block, wires, carburetor parts, fans and fan belts, everything like new.  The mechanic handed me the bill and left.  I was kind of shocked at first but then I got excited about reassembling the motor myself, which is kind of funny because I only know the very basic rudiments of car repair work.         

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2021, 06:22:39 AM »
I dreamt that I was driving down the highway and my car's motor exploded.  I pulled over to the side of the road and called an auto mechanic.  He said no problem, that he did all kinds of engine work and that he would even tow the car to my place and do all the work there.  Fast forward to my house and the mechanic came up to me and said that he took the motor apart and that he had cleaned and repaired each individual piece.  I thought to myself that the car would surely run good now.  I eagerly followed him to my carport and there was my motor, only it was still in pieces.  Hundreds of parts all laid out on a big tarp.  Oh they were clean all right, very bright and shiny.  The motor block, wires, carburetor parts, fans and fan belts, everything like new.  The mechanic handed me the bill and left.
Oh, you wanted it put back together?  That'll run you a little extra.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2021, 11:29:00 AM »
Oh, you wanted it put back together?  That'll run you a little extra.

Haha! Come to think of it, I didn't look at the bill.  It might have startled me awake.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2021, 11:56:22 AM »
Haha! Come to think of it, I didn't look at the bill.  It might have startled me awake.

Worthy of a shriek, but I hope that wasn't the case.