Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 116433 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2018, 01:02:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/_TJWatt

(love this guy!)

Where did you get that pee chart?

I made it myself.

;D ;D ;D

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2018, 01:56:29 PM »
I’ll tell what’s stupid. The rumors are that since Shad Kahn bought Wembly Stadium, the Jaguars will play half their home games there. That will destroy schedules and insure the team never signs a non-journeyman free agent again. Who wants that kind of travel? The players also have to pay London taxes - there are no local or state taxes in Jacksonville. Any drafted players will get out of the situation as soon as they become free agents. That will insure the team will suck, and a sucking half-season team will piss off Jacksonville fans, too. There’s already talk of a fan strike if the move occurs.

Supposedly the team makes more money in London because the stadium is bigger - 90,000. But Jacksonville’s stadium holds 85,000 for college games. Is it worth destroying the franchise for a season total of 20,000 seats?

The Bumper Tycoon says the rumors are not true. We’ll see.
Merry Christmas

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2018, 01:59:00 PM »
Where did you get that pee chart?

I made it myself.

;D ;D ;D

LOLOL!!! ;D

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2018, 02:03:14 PM »
I’ll tell what’s stupid. The rumors are that since Shad Kahn bought Wembly Stadium, the Jaguars will play half their home games there. That will destroy schedules and insure the team never signs a non-journeyman free agent again. Who wants that kind of travel? The players also have to pay London taxes - there are no local or state taxes in Jacksonville. Any drafted players will get out of the situation as soon as they become free agents. That will insure the team will suck, and a sucking half-season team will piss off Jacksonville fans, too. There’s already talk of a fan strike if the move occurs.

Supposedly the team makes more money in London because the stadium is bigger - 90,000. But Jacksonville’s stadium holds 85,000 for college games. Is it worth destroying the franchise for a season total of 20,000 seats?

The Bumper Tycoon says the rumors are not true. We’ll see.

Ya know I never trusted that guy one leetle bit...looks...shifty/grifty...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2018, 02:22:04 PM »
We need to see a LOT more of TJ Watt and I bet we will.

I love T.J. and I hope he does come back, but the poor guy is so fragile, especially his legs.  But, modern science...we can rebuild him... Here's hoping that he can return and make it through a season.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2018, 02:27:31 PM »
I love T.J. and I hope he does come back, but the poor guy is so fragile, especially his legs.  But, modern science...we can rebuild him... Here's hoping that he can return and make it through a season.

I think you are referring to J.J.  ;)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2018, 02:33:44 PM »
Are we going to have our annual NFL Pool?  That's the only reason why I followed the NFL the last 3 years.

I hope that there will be another pool.  I would like to repeat winning the regular season picks again.  What was my secret?  A mixture of research (perusing injury lists and other boring stats) info received through my psychic senses (kind of cheating, I know, but what the hell.) and, literally, rolling five dice when two teams are evenly matched.  Highest number wins.

Last year's playoffs started in and I decided to pick who I wanted to win.  Got my ass handed to me in a handbasket.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2018, 02:35:07 PM »
I think you are referring to J.J.  ;)

Thanks Shay, I was.  Must have had that store or restaurant in my head, lol.  Edit:  Oh wait a sec.  I actually got the players mixed up.  Anyway, hope they both do good this year.

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2018, 02:47:17 PM »
There's only 3 Watts in the NFL, but they make a lot of power!

(bad pun)

:-\

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2018, 02:51:07 PM »
I hope that there will be another pool.  I would like to repeat winning the regular season picks again.  What was my secret?  A mixture of research (perusing injury lists and other boring stats) info received through my psychic senses (kind of cheating, I know, but what the hell.) and, literally, rolling five dice when two teams are evenly matched.  Highest number wins.

Last year's playoffs started in and I decided to pick who I wanted to win.  Got my ass handed to me in a handbasket.

I remember you carried first place for most of the season, last year. ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2018, 03:00:34 PM »
Thanks Shay, I was.  Must have had that store or restaurant in my head, lol.  Edit:  Oh wait a sec.  I actually got the players mixed up.  Anyway, hope they both do good this year.

I don't know.  I've seen the threads you've started and you are meticulous in you research.  You strike me as someone exacting, with no room for error.  I can only surmise that it wasn't a mix-up.  Quite possibly a vitamin deficiency, however I doubt it.  To get back on track I suggest rooting for the Pittsburgh Steelers this year.  I'm confident you will be back at 100%.  I mean...99% just won't do.   :D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2018, 03:01:07 PM »
I remember you carried first place for most of the season, last year. ;D

HE WON!!!!  :P

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2018, 03:01:07 PM »
There's only 3 Watts in the NFL, but they make a lot of power!

(bad pun)

:-\

Ha, I liked your pun, Metron.  Didn't know about a third Watt, though.  Thanks for the info.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2018, 03:02:19 PM »

LOL!  You still won overall!  Did you ever get your mug?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2018, 03:11:52 PM »
I don't know.  I've seen the threads you've started and you are meticulous in you research.  You strike me as someone exacting, with no room for error.  I can only surmise that it wasn't a mix-up.  Quite possibly a vitamin deficiency, however I doubt it.  To get back on track I suggest rooting for the Pittsburgh Steelers this year.  I'm confident you will be back at 100%.  I mean...99% just won't do.   :D

Haha, I'll try my best, Shay.  I feel real good about the Steelers.  I'll be picking them without research, unless Big Ben goes down.  What about San Francisco?  That quarterback (whose name I forget, there goes my reputation for being meticulous in research ;D) won some good games near the end, last year.  Might be a surprise, huh?