Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 116426 times)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #240 on: January 10, 2021, 10:46:59 AM »
As a Packer fan I would still feel more comfortable playing The Bears than the Rams

That Colts-Bills game was great, that Colts coach did some bad decisions that cost his team.

I was rooting for the Colts. I always thought Rivers was better than his team. Or at least his coaching. At least he made it to the playoffs
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2021, 02:45:56 PM »
Chad Henne.
Merry Christmas

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2021, 03:06:52 PM »
We've been told for several years now 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh is a top candidate for a head coaching position, and after all that he goes with the Jets.  A complete no win situation, due to the ownership, as we've seen so many times in the past with other sports franchises with horrible ownership.

I really have to wonder about the guy now.  Oh well, I'm sure the 49ers are happy with the two third round picks they get because they had a ''minority'' hired away as head coach elsewhere.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2021, 11:04:27 PM »
Chad Henne.

Well done, Chad! For a while there looked like poor Patrick had no idea where he was

I was hoping Drew would beat Tommy today. I hope Aaron kicks his ass in the snow next week

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2021, 07:33:35 PM »
So Stafford is going to be traded. @Walks_At_Night  You once said contraction should happen to make the nightmare go away. (paraphrasing)

What the hell is wrong with the Lions?  Has any other team wasted or chased off as much talent as them?  To me it was clear that they needed a supporting cast for their stars throughout the years. (Sanders, Megatron, et al)  It never happened.  Their drafts were awful.   How to fix it?  Sell the team, which probably won't happen.  Lions fans have every right to be frustrated.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2021, 08:21:55 PM »
So Stafford is going to be traded. @Walks_At_Night  You once said contraction should happen to make the nightmare go away. (paraphrasing)

What the hell is wrong with the Lions?  Has any other team wasted or chased off as much talent as them?  To me it was clear that they needed a supporting cast for their stars throughout the years. (Sanders, Megatron, et al)  It never happened.  Their drafts were awful.   How to fix it?  Sell the team, which probably won't happen.  Lions fans have every right to be frustrated.

Two words. Andre Ware
Are we having fun yet?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2021, 09:00:56 PM »
So Stafford is going to be traded...

Only of they find a taker. 

Looking it up - he has $43 million left on his contract over the next two years, and a $62m cap hit.  It looks like they can release him, owe him nothing, and take a $19m cap hit for 2021.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/matthew-stafford-6078/

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #247 on: January 24, 2021, 06:51:33 AM »
Two words. Andre Ware

Oh jeez.  Forgot about that guy.  That year's draft was weak, even so he should've never been drafted as high as he was.  Poor Lions.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #248 on: January 24, 2021, 07:10:42 AM »
Only of they find a taker. 

Looking it up - he has $43 million left on his contract over the next two years, and a $62m cap hit.  It looks like they can release him, owe him nothing, and take a $19m cap hit for 2021.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/matthew-stafford-6078/

That's a lot of dead money if they cut him.  I think they can find a taker.  Especially with the teams looking to draft a QB.  Stafford would be a nice bridge until the new guy develops.  Or a team that wants to win right away and feels a QB is the answer.  I could see the Redskins The Football Team as a good fit.  The Jaguars as well.  There are teams with some cap room. 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/ 

I'm trying to imagine what the Lions would want in return.   Stafford is a quality QB even though he's had some injuries.  Maybe a 1st round pick this year, a current rostered player, and a future 3rd round pick.  It's fun playing armchair GM.  :D

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #249 on: January 24, 2021, 07:36:30 AM »
... I'm trying to imagine what the Lions would want in return.   Stafford is a quality QB even though he's had some injuries.  Maybe a 1st round pick this year, a current rostered player, and a future 3rd round pick.  It's fun playing armchair GM.  :D

To me his contract is like being underwater with a loan on a nice car.

Maybe someone that really wants it would be willing to take over the payments, but they shouldn't be expected to kick in much to do so.

And yet there's hope, we see GMs do this all the time (see: Nets and James Harden)

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2021, 03:37:21 PM »
@KSM @Bart Ell and other guitar players - what do you think of this Hendrix wannabe playing the Star Spangled Banner at the Buffalo/KC game?
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2021, 03:42:23 PM »
@KSM @Bart Ell and other guitar players - what do you think of this Hendrix wannabe playing the Star Spangled Banner at the Buffalo/KC game?
@juan  link?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2021, 03:51:06 PM »
It was just on actual broadcast tv
Merry Christmas

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #253 on: January 24, 2021, 11:34:07 PM »

You didn't ask me but I thought he was good. Acceptable to a wide listening audience.  But the brawl was the best part. And I thought the zebras showed good judgment the way they handled it

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2021, 03:52:48 AM »
I found it derivative - channeling my inner post-modernism.
Merry Christmas