Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 116421 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2021, 03:55:36 AM »
@KSM @Bart Ell and other guitar players - what do you think of this Hendrix wannabe playing the Star Spangled Banner at the Buffalo/KC game?

At first I thought it was a Make A Wish winner but the I saw it was one of those School Of Rock kids.
Too noisy for me.
Also very racist to mention Hendrix.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #256 on: January 25, 2021, 11:44:04 AM »
@KSM @Bart Ell and other guitar players - what do you think of this Hendrix wannabe playing the Star Spangled Banner at the Buffalo/KC game?
For the most part I liked it but sure enough he had to start noodling near the end and that always pisses me. It's no different than singers who throw in all kinds of vocal acrobatics during an anthem.  Stick to the formula with an anthem. At least he didn't kneel and play  ;D

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #257 on: January 25, 2021, 02:07:01 PM »
I been having a pretty decent 2021 and the Packers and the NFL had to spoil it!! I got a lot of rage over this game from the refs, to coaching decision to executions' of some of the plays  :-\

That was painful

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #258 on: January 25, 2021, 02:15:36 PM »
I personally think my Hendrix impression was better - done on a metal, not plastic, kazoo, SM58 hooked to a Fender amp with a spring reverb, conveniently placed where I could kick it at appropriate points.
Merry Christmas

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #259 on: January 25, 2021, 03:24:24 PM »
... singers who throw in all kinds of vocal acrobatics during an anthem...

What about non-singers?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #260 on: January 25, 2021, 05:55:41 PM »
So Stafford is going to be traded. @Walks_At_Night  You once said contraction should happen to make the nightmare go away. (paraphrasing)

What the hell is wrong with the Lions?  Has any other team wasted or chased off as much talent as them?  To me it was clear that they needed a supporting cast for their stars throughout the years. (Sanders, Megatron, et al)  It never happened.  Their drafts were awful.   How to fix it?  Sell the team, which probably won't happen.  Lions fans have every right to be frustrated.

@ShayP Good for Stafford. As PaperBoy pointed out, he won't be easy to move but perhaps someone like the Colts or the Pats would want him. At least he'll have a chance to maybe accomplish something in the years he has left. With this latest head coach hiring debacle, I guess it was too much even for Stafford to swallow. It was obvious the neckbeard had to be fired - even to the Ford's but who to replace him with? A proven retread like Marvin Lewis? Nah. A successful younger guy like Pederson who isn't dead inside yet? Nah. That arsehole Meyer who has succeeded at every place he has ever been? Nope. What about a young hot shot like Bieniemy or Saleh [a Detroit area native]. No way. We'll give to an obscure Tight End coach of all people [maybe because he was the only one that would take it?]. Not only that we'll give him a six year deal - just to lock in the suckage.

The franchise can't be fixed. The league really needs contraction and the Lions should be at the top of the hit list. It doesn't have to be a painful end but it has to end. Maybe one of those new fancy looking death machines? Just put Roary the Lion in there, hit the button and watch him slip away.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2021, 10:33:14 PM »

@ShayP Good for Stafford. As PaperBoy pointed out, he won't be easy to move but perhaps someone like the Colts or the Pats would want him. At least he'll have a chance to maybe accomplish something in the years he has left. With this latest head coach hiring debacle, I guess it was too much even for Stafford to swallow. It was obvious the neckbeard had to be fired - even to the Ford's but who to replace him with? A proven retread like Marvin Lewis? Nah. A successful younger guy like Pederson who isn't dead inside yet? Nah. That arsehole Meyer who has succeeded at every place he has ever been? Nope. What about a young hot shot like Bieniemy or Saleh [a Detroit area native]. No way. We'll give to an obscure Tight End coach of all people [maybe because he was the only one that would take it?]. Not only that we'll give him a six year deal - just to lock in the suckage.

The franchise can't be fixed. The league really needs contraction and the Lions should be at the top of the hit list. It doesn't have to be a painful end but it has to end. Maybe one of those new fancy looking death machines? Just put Roary the Lion in there, hit the button and watch him slip away.

I'll take the lion. You deal with Management
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2021, 05:20:56 AM »
I'll take the lion. You deal with Management

Ok. You get Roary. Everything else gets the Carthage solution.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2021, 10:36:45 AM »
Ok. You get Roary. Everything else gets the Carthage solution.

Hmmm. Black mane. Possibilities. We shall make you the Washington Lion. Unless they are getting the axe too

Please. While you're at it. Kill the the Chargers
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #264 on: January 26, 2021, 10:57:08 AM »

I don't even know what I'm looking at.  @Walks_At_Night

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #265 on: January 26, 2021, 10:58:07 AM »
Everything else gets the Carthage solution.

That's pretty harsh, but probably necessary.  ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2021, 10:58:51 AM »
Please. While you're at it. Kill the the Chargers

Agreed.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2021, 05:05:28 PM »
Agreed.

Ok. Lions, Chargers and whatever Washington is now gets the chop.  We need one more. On principle I'd offer up Cleveland but they actually show some life. 

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2021, 05:07:14 PM »
I don't even know what I'm looking at.  @Walks_At_Night

@ShayP  One of those fancy, dancy death panel machines. They put you in there. Hit the button and croak you right out. All in award winning industrial design biodegradable style.

https://www.dezeen.com/2019/05/22/philip-nitschke-death-pod-design/

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2021, 05:30:24 PM »
Ok. Lions, Chargers and whatever Washington is now gets the chop.  We need one more...

Raiders?  Cow bois?  Rams?  Ok, Seattle it is.