Author Topic: Dream Stuff  (Read 40762 times)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
Re: Dream Stuff
« Reply #480 on: February 06, 2021, 08:13:59 PM »
Last night after a dream involving rugby -- I frequently have dreams wherein I'm playing, officiating, or otherwise in attendance at American or rugby football -- I dreamed about a real estate deal.  Seems some community property used as a building for meetings or some such was foreclosed on, and somebody bought it for $1,000 sight unseen at an auction.  The purchaser then had it inspected, found full of rotten wood, and told it'd be better to tear it down and build anew than to repair it.  Instead the purchaser flipped it for a loss of $400 to a group of the people who were using it.  Those people acquired for $600 a property they'd been using but would undoubtedly be condemned or simply collapse soon, which they didn't realize.  And if they didn't have the money to afford mortgage payments, they certainly couldn't afford to fix it, let alone rebuild on the lot.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #481 on: April 17, 2021, 07:29:08 AM »
I've had a couple of standout experiences in dreams lately.  One involved looking at an old AM radio whose dial was marked in wavelength rather than frequency, and trying to do the conversion.  Have you ever tried to do math in a dream?  It's very difficult to concentrate on the figures.  I tried to get the reciprocal of a fraction mentally, and failed.  So I tried long division "on paper", twice, not realizing that since I was dreaming it was still mental arithmetic, not really on paper.  First time, I saw it wasn't coming out right, tried again, still didn't work.  Seems I'd made the absolutely ridiculous seeming (when you're awake) mistake of switching the numerator and denominator, and therefore trying to divide by 1, and being vexed when the quotient came out as the number I was starting with.  I mean, how could I not see I was doing something useless, dividing by 1?  Folks, don't do math in your sleep.

The other was when someone told me their (Their school's?) worm racing team was doing badly.  I asked, "How's the JV?"

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #482 on: June 07, 2021, 06:02:19 AM »
Last night I dreamed I'd seen a new vignette from Lost.  In it, Hugo posed as someone answering phones to help people who'd been victims of a scam.

ShayP

• Ellightened
  • Is there anybody hiding there in the dark?
« Reply #483 on: June 09, 2021, 11:07:21 PM »
Has anyone here ever had their dreams in a sepia tone or a greenish hue? I've had several that were like I was visualizing everything through a colored lens.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #484 on: June 13, 2021, 03:15:38 PM »
Has anyone here ever had their dreams in a sepia tone or a greenish hue? I've had several that were like I was visualizing everything through a colored lens.
That reads as vaguely familiar, like a hypnopompic dream that might be produced by pressure on one eyeball from having that side of the head pressed against a pillow.  It seems to preferentially stimulate cones of one of the colors in the retina.

A few nights ago, none of that, but I dreamed I'd put a flat, disc-like earpiece on a penguin.  I remember turning the earpiece like the whole thing was a knob, to lower the volume on it.  I don't know what audio was coming thru it, but the penguin liked it and wouldn't stay still for me to remove it.

From there I went into a large room, probably a hotel ballroom, where former president Trump was going to speak.  Someone nearby wanted to exit a place that was like one of those storefronts with glass double doors on a small vestibule to keep the wind out.  However, the inner door, which was on the right from the outer door, had been converted by the Secret Service into a fire exit only, so I was unable to help him.  Apparently I was one of the invited guests, don't know if he was or just wanted out of there.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #485 on: June 23, 2021, 09:50:04 PM »
I don't know if I've mentioned here previously having had a dream that was a new bit for Seinfeld, but I had another last night.  I dreamed Kramer was describing a scam he was pulling every year by putting his dirty blankets in rented storage, then claiming damage and getting new, clean ones to replace them.  My dream must've been influenced by the fact that I'd put my blankets away for the summer, then got them out again for this cold snap.