Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 62891 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 08:16:17 PM »
Oh yeah.  I was blessed that I grew up listening to Bruce Martyn.   He was awesome

Ha! I actually might listen. Prob not but a maybe since I, somehow, can d/l but not stream. Funny when listen to an old Art, game, Rense, etc. When long n busy one forgets until something like the local ice storm has stopped traffic and one remembers. Because much is same. Not players but those just 'accepted' and so are other issues. Crazy, really. Judiciial hearings, mid east wars, weather, homo stuff, illegals, rightwing radicals, taxes,....AM radio has model, as RCH would say.

pate

• KMST
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 11:35:21 PM »
Much pleased to see the Moose hit{?} after three failed attempts for the Brewers tonight.

MOOOOOOOOOSE!

Kid looked lost...

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 07:09:15 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 07:46:48 AM »

Why can't the Pirates have prospects like that?  :'(

Oh wait. I already know why.  ::)  :(   >:(

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 12:01:41 PM »
Why can't the Pirates have prospects like that?  :'(

Oh wait. I already know why.  ::)  :(   >:(

They have a gorgeous park to play in  :D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 12:36:49 PM »
They have a gorgeous park to play in  :D

It is quite beautiful.  Most of the food is great too.  8)  I planned on going again this year but spent my money on other things when I was up there.  Simply because the owner sucks and he wants more money for upgrades even though the taxpayers paid for it to begin with.  Oh and the owner just bought another newspaper.  Woooo!

Sorry HB.  Sometimes I rant.   ;)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 12:54:57 PM »
It is quite beautiful.  Most of the food is great too.  8)  I planned on going again this year but spent my money on other things when I was up there.  Simply because the owner sucks and he wants more money for upgrades even though the taxpayers paid for it to begin with.  Oh and the owner just bought another newspaper.  Woooo!

Last time I was there I got a Sean Casey bobblehead the day or the day after they traded him.
Are we having fun yet?

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 12:57:26 PM »

;D No worries Shay. It is absolutely fine to rant. Sports brings out that passion.
Sometimes teams have to just rebuild through the draft and prospects.

Although in baseball if you have a owner(s) with deep pockets you can help out that rebuild a lot by acquiring huge assets.
I've been hearing the Phillies are going to make a play for both FA's Bryce Harper and Manny Machado this off season.

It is nice bread and circuses to enjoy a ball game.

Speaking of which...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2018, 04:28:55 PM »
;D No worries Shay. It is absolutely fine to rant. Sports brings out that passion.
Sometimes teams have to just rebuild through the draft and prospects.

Although in baseball if you have a owner(s) with deep pockets you can help out that rebuild a lot by acquiring huge assets.
I've been hearing the Phillies are going to make a play for both FA's Bryce Harper and Manny Machado this off season.

It is nice bread and circuses to enjoy a ball game.

Pirates can't rebuild.  They are lost.  I'm glad they had a small run a few years ago but they simply cannot do it.  Fans loved the Marlon Byrd and Justin Morneau additions.  Wooo!  That put us over the top.  Their philosophy is screwed.  Their drafts suck.  They value prospects too much, and when they could improve with bigger talent they don't make the trade.  Then it's too late.  Didn't want to give up Josh Bell, Austin Meadows, Tyler Glasnow, and a PTBN for Chris Sale.  LOL!  Ridculous.

As much I get pissed I love the team.  I was born and raised in Pittsburgh and attended well over 100 games through the years living there, and try to go every year or so since I moved.  Plus I love baseball.  Yes, it is nice bread and circus.  8)

Regarding Harper and Machado...Phillies may land one or the other but the cost is too steep for both.

Of course you being a Braves fan can understand my disdain for them.   ;)   Don't make me relive those championship series.  LOL!  Sid Bream.  ugh.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2018, 05:14:18 PM »
Pirates can't rebuild.  They are lost.  I'm glad they had a small run a few years ago but they simply cannot do it.  Fans loved the Marlon Byrd and Justin Morneau additions.  Wooo!  That put us over the top.  Their philosophy is screwed.  Their drafts suck.  They value prospects too much, and when they could improve with bigger talent they don't make the trade.  Then it's too late.  Didn't want to give up Josh Bell, Austin Meadows, Tyler Glasnow, and a PTBN for Chris Sale.  LOL!  Ridculous.

As much I get pissed I love the team.  I was born and raised in Pittsburgh and attended well over 100 games through the years living there, and try to go every year or so since I moved.  Plus I love baseball.  Yes, it is nice bread and circus.  8)

Regarding Harper and Machado...Phillies may land one or the other but the cost is too steep for both.

Of course you being a Braves fan can understand my disdain for them.   ;)   Don't make me relive those championship series.  LOL!  Sid Bream.  ugh.

@ShayP
Jeez Louise Shay.  Don't be such a Debbie Downer!

Here.  Tom Terrific vs The Candy Man.   

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2018, 05:39:06 PM »
@ShayP
Jeez Louise Shay.  Don't be such a Debbie Downer!

Here.  Tom Terrific vs The Candy Man.   

LOL!  I'm not a Debbie Downer.  I just get bummed man!  I think you know where I'm coming from.  ;)

Candelaria was one of my favorites.  :) 

I was a kid during that series.  Great memories.  However then the 80's came and the Pirates stunk throughout my teen years.  It looks like when 2020 rolls around it could be the same.  Ugh.  I'll stop now.   :P

Thanks for the video by the way.   8)   Instead of reading before I turn the light out and enter my slumber, I will watch that instead.  :)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2018, 05:41:48 PM »
LOL!  I'm not a Debbie Downer.  I just get bummed man!  I think you know where I'm coming from.  ;)

Candelaria was one of my favorites.  :) 

I was a kid during that series.  Great memories.  However then the 80's came and the Pirates stunk throughout my teen years.  It looks like when 2020 rolls around it could be the same.  Ugh.  I'll stop now.   :P

Thanks for the video by the way.   8)   Instead of reading before I turn the light out and enter my slumber, I will watch that instead.  :)

Glad to be of service Sir.   

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2018, 06:18:34 PM »
Go Braves, even if they did abandon Atlanta for Smyrna (childhood home of Julia Roberts).
Merry Christmas

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2018, 06:27:21 PM »

:P Look at him go.. so Rickey Henderson like.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2018, 06:20:16 AM »
:P Look at him go.. so Rickey Henderson like.

*sigh*  :(

LOL!!!  ;D ;D ;D  Nice.  ;)