Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with Ian Punnett  (Read 33053 times)

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with Ian Punnett
« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2022, 08:46:05 PM »
Hmmm. My first thought was that isn't very much. Then I thought about it a bit and that is more than $100 an hour to listen to some guy that thinks the Queen is a lizard or some lady that has a leprechaun living in her mailbox. Not bad......

Do that a couple times a month and you've made an extra $10-12K for the year.  More importantly, the rent-a-hosts get to flog their own books/podcasts/commercial ventures and get exposure like few other places. 

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2022, 08:55:40 PM »
Maybe I misheard the 5k and Dave said $500. Connie and Lee Cigar should only make $350 😲😲😲😲
I can see minimum wage for Chuckles.  :P
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2022, 08:58:31 PM »
Do that a couple times a month and you've made an extra $10-12K for the year.  More importantly, the rent-a-hosts get to flog their own books/podcasts/commercial ventures and get exposure like few other places.
And it’s also a rate that no doubt keeps Ms. Julie smiling.  She wouldn’t want to waste any dollars on a talented uber star.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2022, 09:58:11 PM »
Maybe I misheard the 5k and Dave said $500. Connie and Lee Cigar should only make $350 😲😲😲😲

A year?  ;D

Chefist

• Ellightened
  • BITCH! GOODBYE!
« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2022, 10:18:29 PM »
I asked Steve Warner that question several years ago, and I think it was less than $500/show.

Add up the show prep hours and the show...wow, that pay sucks. ha
"I am not a stupid man!." - George Senda

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2022, 10:54:35 PM »
They all do the Norry No-Prep Method of Show Preparation.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2022, 11:02:27 PM »
I wonder what Tommee's pulling in per year

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2022, 11:16:42 PM »
I’ll listen to Punnett.  He can be an egotistical, elitist ass, especially since he’s now a full-on academic, but I can live with it.  At least he’s not a plodding, moronic buffoon just going through the motions.

#C2CPunchableFace
But Ian adds odor to the odorless. His intro always cracks me up.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #203 on: March 14, 2022, 04:13:10 AM »
They all do the Norry No-Prep Method of Show Preparation.
The Noory 8 hour show prep method, on dog time.

https://www.blitzresults.com/en/dog-years/

Plus, at least for Jorch, show prep includes doughnut breaks, quality time with Tommee, patrolling the studio offices with a flashlight to show everyone his “battle-hardened” pizza roll traumatized “flapper thing,” ...

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2022, 06:03:10 PM »
Battlefield ghosts. Open lines. And Ian. Should be a fun night.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2022, 06:17:14 PM »
Battlefield ghosts. Open lines. And Ian. Should be a fun night.

Battlefield ghost guy was a hoot.  He touted himself as a historian who seriously espoused interviewing ghosts lingering around historically relevant locations to get first hand accounts of historical events.  He was dead serious (no pun intended) about setting history straight by interviewing dead people.

As I heard him relate this position, I immediately thought about him going to a conference of professional historians. Can you see him giving a presentation on how some widely accepted story relative to a specific event was wrong based on in depth interviews with those who died in the event?  He'd be taken about as seriously as David Palidies was when he gave his pitch as a national search and rescue symposium.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2022, 06:39:41 PM »
Battlefield ghost guy was a hoot.  He touted himself as a historian who seriously espoused interviewing ghosts lingering around historically relevant locations to get first hand accounts of historical events.  He was dead serious (no pun intended) about setting history straight by interviewing dead people.

As I heard him relate this position, I immediately thought about him going to a conference of professional historians. Can you see him giving a presentation on how some widely accepted story relative to a specific event was wrong based on in depth interviews with those who died in the event?  He'd be taken about as seriously as David Palidies was when he gave his pitch as a national search and rescue symposium.

Duke....Still down on Paulides.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #207 on: April 10, 2022, 06:39:09 PM »
Was it Ian who shut down Cleopatra a couple of nights ago?

She was on some bullshit about ancient Egypt and he corrected her and moved her along.
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #208 on: April 10, 2022, 07:59:39 PM »
Was it Ian who shut down Cleopatra a couple of nights ago?

She was on some bullshit about ancient Egypt and he corrected her and moved her along.

Yes, and he's done that with her before.  At least a year ago, in the middle of one of her spiels, she told Ian "B.C." stood for "Before Cleopatra."  I thought he was going to blow a gasket.  He ripped her a new one.

I was very happy a couple years ago when Ian totally destroyed the frequently caller, "Joseph from Monterey."  He's the weaselly sounding guy who has a hand or three in just about any of the stuff pitched by various guests. He's in communication with some galactic federation, is an exorcist and a shaman, etc. He was talking his normal woo word salad and casually mentioned something about his spirit guides and Ian went off him.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2022, 08:08:10 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation, @Uncle Duke.

She still calls Ian, so she's not bright enough to figure that out...
Eh, nevermind...