Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with Ian Punnett  (Read 33066 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with Ian Punnett
« Reply #330 on: December 24, 2023, 11:09:37 AM »
I wonder if he had taken some medication related to this condition the time he called in to Noory to promote his show and it was all gibberish.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #331 on: December 24, 2023, 02:41:16 PM »
I wonder if he had taken some medication related to this condition the time he called in to Noory to promote his show and it was all gibberish.
Noory actually brought up that incident with Ian Thursday night - Noory said Ian told him he was just tired and that caused it.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #332 on: December 24, 2023, 04:12:50 PM »
Hoover
Merry Christmas

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #333 on: December 24, 2023, 05:02:00 PM »
Noory actually brought up that incident with Ian Thursday night - Noory said Ian told him he was just tired and that caused it.

Yeah, that's a bunch of Hoover.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #334 on: December 27, 2023, 07:23:51 PM »
He had hereditary liver disease. It's sad and shocking news, and there's some consolation that he lived his dream before he left the nightmare. He was one of the best extemporaneous conversationalists in the radio industry. He added a lot to Coast, even the shows about kelp.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #335 on: December 28, 2023, 01:01:24 AM »
He had hereditary liver disease. It's sad and shocking news, and there's some consolation that he lived his dream before he left the nightmare. He was one of the best extemporaneous conversationalists in the radio industry. He added a lot to Coast, even the shows about kelp.

Amen.

Eh, nevermind...

HorrorReporter

• KIDD
« Reply #336 on: December 30, 2023, 09:53:52 PM »
Been lurking for a while. Ian's death made me come back and post.. Truly sad. He was the connection to the past, to Art. He was the only thing that still keep the show within that boundary of education/entertainment and rationality. Eat the Canadians first. This one hurts more than I thought it would.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #337 on: December 30, 2023, 11:53:35 PM »
Been lurking for a while. Ian's death made me come back and post.. Truly sad. He was the connection to the past, to Art. He was the only thing that still keep the show within that boundary of education/entertainment and rationality. Eat the Canadians first. This one hurts more than I thought it would.

Mostly agree. I mean it was him and George Knapp and, frankly, George Knapp gets hairs up his ass all the time. I do like Richard Syrett and I think he had the edge to take over Coast over Ian.

Ultimately though, Ian was genuinely first generation Coast to Coast connected.

C2C is amateur hour nowadays. ☹️

Eh, nevermind...

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #338 on: December 31, 2023, 10:20:09 AM »
"Please don't eat the Canadians first."  "We need a Canadian to save Coast now that Ian has departed this earth." 

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #339 on: January 06, 2024, 10:26:12 AM »
Astrology Outlooks / Ian Punnett Tribute

Hosted byGeorge Noory
Guests:
Susan Miller

Wednesday - January 10, 2024
Astrology Outlooks / Ian Punnett Tribute
About the show

First Half: Bestselling author, web publisher, and businesswoman Susan Miller’s achievements and contributions to the field of astrology have made her an authority in her field worldwide. She will discuss all 12 astrological signs - what lies ahead and important dates to look forward to in the coming months.

Second Half: On December 22nd, we lost Ian Punnett at age 63. Tonight, we honor our longtime colleague, friend, and fill-in host with four different show segments that pay tribute to his exceptional intellect, style, and radio talent that defined his integrity in the broadcasting industry. Ian, you will be missed!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #340 on: January 06, 2024, 11:38:25 AM »
Fill-in? He was a WEEKEND HOST. Part of a rotation, but a weekend host.

sNoory and the team are assholes.
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #341 on: January 06, 2024, 11:56:24 AM »
Fill-in? He was a WEEKEND HOST. Part of a rotation, but a weekend host.

sNoory and the team are assholes.
Not to mention Ian was one of the first c2cam weekend hosts, pre-dating Noory!
Plus when Art Bell returned from one of his quittenings and took over the weekend hosting - Ian was given his own early Saturday night show called "C2C Live" until Art quit again.

Martinez Moobs

• Bucket King
  • Elluminati
« Reply #342 on: January 06, 2024, 05:10:39 PM »
Not to mention Ian was one of the first c2cam weekend hosts, pre-dating Noory!
Plus when Art Bell returned from one of his quittenings and took over the weekend hosting - Ian was given his own early Saturday night show called "C2C Live" until Art quit again.
That was one of my favorite periods of coast. It was nice having all that content as well as art on weekends when I didn’t have to bother with work the next day.
!!!Sandsquatch Report Superfan!!!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #343 on: January 06, 2024, 06:38:40 PM »
That was one of my favorite periods of coast. It was nice having all that content as well as art on weekends when I didn’t have to bother with work the next day.
I also miss that time period too. It was very good. the golden age of Coast to Coast am.