Author Topic: RUSH LIMBAUGH HAS CANCER!  (Read 13053 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: RUSH LIMBAUGH HAS CANCER!
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2021, 02:02:29 PM »
What happen? I have stop listening to rush's show about a month or two before his death. I did listen to some of the shows after his death but it was lame to listen to.

Today was the last show presented under The Rush Limbaugh Show title. They milked it as much as they could. So, Monday, the Buck Sexton variety show will be in its place.

It was sad, obviously they had time to prepare for the show's direction after his death and it really appeared that they did not.  Either that or they were so enamored with themselves that they thought they could carry on, really pathetic.

I have to think that this is going to do to his legacy on a much larger scale than they were prepared to accept. When an industry is based around one man's personality, and that personality dies, they're toast. I do believe they could have salvaged it if they handled the last three plus months differently.

I think the term clusterfuck might be too kind for what happened to the show.

I am tempted to think that his widow was a big part of the mess who knows, maybe they propped her up into the spotlight. I doubt it. She sounded like a golddigger trying to hold on to the cash and her dead husband's pockets...

Well, I guess it's time to move on in life. I need to adjust my radio listening habits.
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2021, 02:08:50 PM »
Today was the last show presented under The Rush Limbaugh Show title. They milked it as much as they could. So, Monday, the Buck Sexton variety show will be in its place.

It was sad, obviously they had time to prepare for the show's direction after his death and it really appeared that they did not.  Either that or they were so enamored with themselves that they thought they could carry on, really pathetic.

I have to think that this is going to do to his legacy on a much larger scale than they were prepared to accept. When an industry is based around one man's personality, and that personality dies, they're toast. I do believe they could have salvaged it if they handled the last three plus months differently.

I am tempted to think that his widow was a big part of the mess who knows, maybe they propped her up into the spotlight. I doubt it. She sounded like a golddigger trying to hold on to the cash and her dead husband's pockets...

Well, I guess it's time to move on in life. I guess I need to adjust my radio listening habits.
That pretty much says it.  I don’t think Ms. Julie The Suit has a clue as to what Rush meant to talk radio as an entertainment medium.  I doubt I’m the only one who has stopped listening to daytime talk radio completely.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2021, 02:19:44 PM »
I just wondered inside my head if this might be the end of Premier Radio.

Their next hottest property is Sean Hannity, then George Noory... God, they're doomed!
Eh, nevermind...

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2021, 02:20:30 PM »

Well, I guess it's time to move on in life. I need to adjust my radio listening habits.
Ok thanks

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2021, 02:22:27 PM »

Their next hottest property is Sean Hannity, then George Noory... God, they're doomed!
Don't tell me that premier radio might ask falkie to replace rush!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2021, 02:30:41 PM »
Don't tell me that premier radio might ask falkie to replace rush!

No, Falkie's mother would block that move from heaven in a heartbeat. At least that's what he would tell us
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2021, 02:40:44 PM »

Heh, heh... it’s pretty bad when Snorge Snoorway is one of your prime players.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2021, 03:42:50 PM »
Ok thanks

What’s this Vegas banner?  Chefist is having a “Falkie Fest?”  ???
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

yumyumtree

• KIDD
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2021, 10:21:47 PM »

Ouch. So what have they been doing all these months--running re-runs? When he was alive, Rush would sometimes re-run shows, but not more than a few weeks old. I stopped listening in June 2020. I had also heard that Dan Bongino was taking over. So I'm a little confused. I've also never heard anybody say anything negative about Katherine before. I got the sense that despite the 26 year age difference, he'd finally gotten it right on  the fourth try.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2021, 10:39:33 PM »
Ouch. So what have they been doing all these months--running re-runs? When he was alive, Rush would sometimes re-run shows, but not more than a few weeks old. I stopped listening in June 2020. I had also heard that Dan Bongino was taking over. So I'm a little confused. I've also never heard anybody say anything negative about Katherine before. I got the sense that despite the 26 year age difference, he'd finally gotten it right on  the fourth try.

They had B and C-level guest hosts (no Mark Steyn) being referred to as "guides."

The first few weeks were awful, lots and lots of audio clips and the widow making appearances. You would have thought that Jesus died.  When, I think, the April ratings book came out, the show started to take on more current topics and replaying bits of Rush talking about related things. 

The great thing about Rush Limbaugh was that, everyday, he spoke with an educated perspective on the day's topics. They completely abandoned that when they were playing all those old clips.
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2021, 07:44:44 AM »
They had B and C-level guest hosts (no Mark Steyn) being referred to as "guides."

The first few weeks were awful, lots and lots of audio clips and the widow making appearances. You would have thought that Jesus died.  When, I think, the April ratings book came out, the show started to take on more current topics and replaying bits of Rush talking about related things. 

The great thing about Rush Limbaugh was that, everyday, he spoke with an educated perspective on the day's topics. They completely abandoned that when they were playing all those old clips.
No Mark Steyn was the first red flag for me.  Rush’s wife would have been well advised to stay in the background.  She doesn’t have much talent for talk radio and was appearing way too often.  Now we’re “blessed” with a creation from the PremRat suits.  We’ve seen how well that usually works out.  They don’t seem to get that it’s tremendous talent that produces tremendous talk radio.  Like most bean counters, they just look at the numbers and are risk adverse.  Welcome to Noory Land.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2021, 08:44:26 AM »
I listened to James Golden’s (Bo Sneardly) show on WABC this morning.  He should have gotten the show.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2021, 09:00:33 AM »
I listened to James Golden’s (Bo Sneardly) show on WABC this morning.  He should have gotten the show.
Agreed. Since he was skilled at managing callers and being able to draw out their arguments, he would have been a solid choice, notwithstanding his ability to actually perform.

Funny, he's been doing some of the live read ads for the old show. There is something with his voice though, it's kind of a hollow nasal thing. I would think it possibly could be a microphone placement issue, but it could just be his voice.

James was very kind in all of my correspondence with him.

How many radio shows keep people around that long? Brent Winterble used to work for Rush as well. Radio is a highly transitory thing. Especially with the egos of people thinking they're better and try to go off on their own, people who perform well and get headhunted by other shows or production companies...

Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2021, 10:14:55 AM »
... How many radio shows keep people around that long?... Radio is a highly transitory thing. Especially with the egos of people thinking they're better and try to go off on their own, people who perform well and get headhunted by other shows or production companies...

That's what George and Tommy used to think

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2021, 10:26:48 AM »
The below post has been bothering me. I must apologize to my fellow Ellgabbers, the holy spirit, Jesus and god.

No, Falkie's mother would block that move from heaven in a heartbeat. At least that's what he would tell us

I must correct myself: There there's no way in hell that a woman who spawned, raised and allowed to be the way he was without a complete disowning of him, could be in heaven.

Please accept this admission as an apology.

🙄🙄🙄
Eh, nevermind...