Author Topic: Movie Remakes...THAT YOU WANT TO SEE!  (Read 7256 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Movie Remakes...THAT YOU WANT TO SEE!
« on: September 30, 2020, 03:43:13 PM »
I'll be honest in saying most remakes, to me, suck.  Especially nowadays when it seems like there's a remake of a remake of a remake.  What I want to know is what movie or movies you'd like to see a remake of.  It could be anything.  However, it will be redundant if we talk about remaking Halloween 4 or the second version of some other movie.  I'm suggesting you take an original movie and express the desire to remake it, for whatever reason you wish.

Also, please comment on remakes you think were well done.  For instance I did like the remake of Night of the Living Dead.

Anyway, does anyone recall Let's Scare Jessica to Death? The creepy 1971 horror movie.  The atmosphere always stuck with me.  When I revisited the film as an adult I thought it was awful.  However, when I first saw it as a kid it scared me.   I'd like a remake.

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
Re: Movie Remakes...THAT YOU WANT TO SEE!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 03:59:27 PM »
Jason and the Argonauts (1963)

It was a family favorite of ours while I was growing up. For 1963 it was the bomb as far as special effects.

I still like it now, 57 years later.

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 04:03:18 PM »
Was Scarface (1983) a remake of Scarface (1932)? I don't think I've seen the 1932 version, but I'll wager the 1983 version was better  ;)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 04:32:41 PM »
Anyway, does anyone recall Let's Scare Jessica to Death? The creepy 1971 horror movie.  The atmosphere always stuck with me.  When I revisited the film as an adult I thought it was awful.  However, when I first saw it as a kid it scared me.   I'd like a remake.

That was some messed up stuff Shay.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 06:23:30 PM »
Jason and the Argonauts (1963)

It was a family favorite of ours while I was growing up. For 1963 it was the bomb as far as special effects.

I still like it now, 57 years later.

Oooo! @Ciardelo  I like it.  No CGI though!  I'd like the same techniques done with similar special effects, yet more modern if that makes sense. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 06:25:34 PM »
That was some messed up stuff Shay.

Yes indeed. @Walks_At_Night  Stayed with me growing up but like I said I watched it again many years later and was underwhelmed by the acting but still sensed that foreboding.  The atmosphere really got to me.  I think it would be a great remake if done the right way.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 06:28:55 PM »
What are everyone's untouchables?  Movies that should never be considered for a remake.  Off the top of my head I'll start with It's a Wonderful Life.  It would be sacrilege to attempt it.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 06:31:32 PM »
What are everyone's untouchables?  Movies that should never be considered for a remake.  Off the top of my head I'll start with It's a Wonderful Life.  It would be sacrilege to attempt it.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 06:41:55 PM »

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2020, 06:50:15 PM »
Dare I say!  On the Waterfront.  Yes, a classic, BUT, do you think it could use a reboot?  It would be challenging but depending on the actors involved I'd be interested.  And I don't want any of this PC diversity bullshit either.  I want it done right.  But who could replace Brando?  Hmmm...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 03:20:21 AM »
But who could replace Brando?  Hmmm...
Can’t Tom Hanks replace anyone?
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 07:23:06 AM »
For evil reasons...  The Wizard of Oz.

It would surely be someone's vanity project and it would suck. No, it would emotionally injure the viewing audience.

I just dislike Hollywood so much, I want to see them fail whenever possible.

Oh, I don't like remakes as a rule.  I don't even like dubbed-into-English Japanese anime, the acting by American "stars" is soulless and vapid.  (All of the Studio Ghibli stuff dubbed by Disney sucks.)

Come to think of it, I don't like reboots of TV shows with hip new casts.

Can’t Tom Hanks replace anyone?

True!  He'll be playing Gloria Steinem AND Andy Warhol in an upcoming drama set in 1970s NYC. 🙄🙄🙄
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2020, 07:27:20 AM »
A movie that could not be remade is The Blues Brothers movie, as proven by Blues Brothers 2000.
Merry Christmas

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2020, 12:51:49 PM »
I am a bit surprised that Logan's Run was never given a proper remake. I heard rumors of it for along time but I don't think it's happened.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2020, 01:42:32 PM »
I am a bit surprised that Logan's Run was never given a proper remake. I heard rumors of it for along time but I don't think it's happened.

Yes! @Zetaspeak  I'd love to see it.