Author Topic: Stupid crap my Father-in-law says  (Read 50914 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: Stupid crap my Father-in-law says
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2018, 01:10:39 PM »
What is a tankers bar?
I can't find any mil-spec on it but I see listing as "Bar, Pry, 60" "  So, basically, a big, straight iron pry bar used to align tracks, open crates, pry heavy items, etc. Apparently there is a nickle aluminum bronze and beryllium-copper variety that is OSHA etc approved for use in places where sparks can be a safety concern.  But the kind we are talking about here would be more likely used in things like taking out stumps, breaking up rock and we would call it a "rock bar" and it longer than things like "breaking bars" and stuff for demo work.  I would not have in my truck since long and heavy unless specifically going out for those purposes but several in my shed.  I would think a bit unwieldy to use as a decent weapon....

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2018, 01:15:07 PM »
today I did laundry and while taking up DIL's towels and things to his room (he has his own bathroom) I noticed that he has a .45 auto in a baggie taped to the shower wall.  When DIL got home I had his son (my husband) talk to him about it because we prefer to have the firearms locked in the safe.  He said what ever is in his room is his and to keep our cock-Skinner's off his stuff and besides what are you going to do if you are taking a shower and someone breaks in and comes to bathroom, wave your pecker or boobs at him while you are getting your naked ass kicked? We also found that he has one taped under the coffee-table next to the chair he sits in when he reads and one in his work shed, I just about lost my mind and he acts like it is a normal thing.

Christmas is coming up. Maybe you could gift him some of those fast-opening handgun mini-safes. He could mount them in various places. There are some that use finger/palm print or codes and/or both? There likely are even other "high-tech" options now that open with a fob or via remote (who knows.)  You obviously need to teach children to not touch guns they find but the other problem is their friends, so you are right to be concerned. And he should also take responsibility when he is living in your home a bit. If he has his own place, or his quarters are locked and not accessible, that is another matter.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
  • Excuse me, which level of hell is this?
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2018, 01:45:13 PM »
I can't find any mil-spec on it but I see listing as "Bar, Pry, 60" "  So, basically, a big, straight iron pry bar used to align tracks, open crates, pry heavy items, etc. Apparently there is a nickle aluminum bronze and beryllium-copper variety that is OSHA etc approved for use in places where sparks can be a safety concern.  But the kind we are talking about here would be more likely used in things like taking out stumps, breaking up rock and we would call it a "rock bar" and it longer than things like "breaking bars" and stuff for demo work.  I would not have in my truck since long and heavy unless specifically going out for those purposes but several in my shed.  I would think a bit unwieldy to use as a decent weapon....
yep that is it, big pry bar
Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, wind, and everything fine.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2018, 01:48:35 PM »
yesterday we had a birthday party for my little girl and one of my friends asked FIN if he liked her hair, he said sure if it is yours otherwise I pity the poor horse who got shaved for your hair,, she said I'll have you know that this is human hair and re replied I pity the poor Indian girl who had to shave her head so you can claim her hair as yours.
Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, wind, and everything fine.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2018, 05:28:07 PM »
yesterday we had a birthday party for my little girl and one of my friends asked FIN if he liked her hair, he said sure if it is yours otherwise I pity the poor horse who got shaved for your hair,, she said I'll have you know that this is human hair and re replied I pity the poor Indian girl who had to shave her head so you can claim her hair as yours.
He's a tactful one! LOL
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias The Hawk
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2018, 06:41:39 PM »

Your FIL sounds like my long dead uncle who used to sing the words "Jo-Jo the Dog-Faced Boy" whenever he saw one of my older brothers.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2018, 01:02:58 AM »
And maybe we could also serve espresso with a twist of lemon.
Orange essence would be better! Seriously, though, a clear shower curtain makes it harder for anyone to surprise the person who is bathing.  The visibility should be enough time to grab your tool of choice.  Go with that one.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2018, 04:15:42 PM »
Father in Law looks just like Jack Palance, I wish i could post a pic of him but he thinks that pictures steal your soul and he said that if anyone ever took a picture of him that he would stuff that camera so fat up their ass that the flach would be seen in their eyes,, again another ass thing.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2018, 04:20:44 PM »
Well, this is do not disturb time, FIL is online playing Lord of the Rings, go figure the Old man actually enjoys something besides sarcasm.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2018, 04:27:15 PM »
Well, this is do not disturb time, FIL is online playing Lord of the Rings, go figure the Old man actually enjoys something besides sarcasm.

Some of my respect for your FIL has left after hearing this....come on man. Grab a bottle and start tinkering on a neighbor's lawnmower or fixing their car!

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2018, 05:09:29 PM »
Father in Law looks just like Jack Palance, I wish i could post a pic of him but he thinks that pictures steal your soul and he said that if anyone ever took a picture of him that he would stuff that camera so fat up their ass that the flach would be seen in their eyes,, again another ass thing.
Have you considered that your FIL is actually @Groyper/ @rekcuf ?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2018, 05:12:16 PM »
Some of my respect for your FIL has left after hearing this....come on man. Grab a bottle and start tinkering on a neighbor's lawnmower or fixing their car!
He also makes knives, brandy and chocolate when he feels like it.  He actually is a pretty good knife maker, people have paid he a lot of money to make them specialty knives and  swords, at one point he had to quit reporting his income because he was making too much to collect SSI, as he tells it he invented the Buckmaster 184 and sold the patent to Buck, the 184 was the number of knives he designed.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2018, 02:13:20 AM »
Yeah, these elders definitely do not multi-task when they play online games.  But they seem to have no issue flipping the channel changer without notice!

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2018, 04:25:14 PM »
Orange essence would be better! Seriously, though, a clear shower curtain makes it harder for anyone to surprise the person who is bathing.  The visibility should be enough time to grab your tool of choice.  Go with that one.
Hehheheheheh

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2018, 04:26:45 PM »
Dead?