Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 581161 times)

twistedlogic

• Drone Pilot
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2018, 05:15:48 PM »
That's what it's all about  :)

Isn't it though. I am so very glad that dogs and cats have decided to befriend us.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #181 on: December 22, 2018, 05:23:44 PM »
Yokohama is a very pretty city, especially around the harbor. I was a bit sad that it was too smoggy so we couldn't see Mt. Fuji, but I still enjoyed it.

Hey, @Spookcat . Just as I was replying to this post last night, the lights went out. Literally!  Lost electricity and internet for several hours. But I'm back!  Here's what I was replying:

Interesting coincidence. San Diego and Yokohama are sister cities. Their Japanese Friendship Garden is in Balboa Park. One of my favorite little spots. Here is a site with lots of very pretty photos of the Garden. A long url but hopefully you'll think it's worth the copy and paste

https://www.google.com/search?q=san+diego+japanese+garden&oq=san+diego+japane&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l15.24596j0j4&sourceid=silk&ie=UTF-8#fid=0x80d954a27e52f527:0xbfd454916011b02a&fpstate=luuv&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNZfJJelE_BPBnTT47-knGA0d1T4qBtzaG7zVgp&viewerState=ga

And here is their website

http://www.niwa.org
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2018, 06:20:45 PM »
Is the fruit lemony?

To me, it has a sharp scent and flavor. Almost like lemongrass.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #183 on: December 22, 2018, 06:33:41 PM »
Hey, @Spookcat . Just as I was replying to this post last night, the lights went out. Literally!  Lost electricity and internet for several hours. But I'm back!  Here's what I was replying:

Interesting coincidence. San Diego and Yokohama are sister cities. Their Japanese Friendship Garden is in Balboa Park. One of my favorite little spots. Here is a site with lots of very pretty photos of the Garden. A long url but hopefully you'll think it's worth the copy and paste

https://www.google.com/search?q=san+diego+japanese+garden&oq=san+diego+japane&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l15.24596j0j4&sourceid=silk&ie=UTF-8#fid=0x80d954a27e52f527:0xbfd454916011b02a&fpstate=luuv&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipNZfJJelE_BPBnTT47-knGA0d1T4qBtzaG7zVgp&viewerState=ga

And here is their website

http://www.niwa.org

Love it!

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #184 on: December 22, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »
That latest episode of Casefile is incredibly bizarre.  I am not a huge true crime dude but this one strains the boundaries of being believable.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #185 on: December 22, 2018, 07:04:25 PM »
I came over here to sit a bit, listen to the quiet. Had to get away from the crazy HW stuff. How about a comfy chair and a puppy.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's funny stuff. Sticking the foot out as if to stop'em proved to bear little fruit. Gonna have to watch again :)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #186 on: December 22, 2018, 07:31:55 PM »
I came over here to sit a bit, listen to the quiet. Had to get away from the crazy HW stuff. How about a comfy chair and a puppy.

Hysterical!!!!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #187 on: December 22, 2018, 10:03:14 PM »
I don't know what lame but well-intentioned thoughts from an internet stranger like may mean to you, if anything, but sincere well wishes to you and your family during this and all seasons. Take care

@sumethinz new, that's very kind of you and I appreciate it, thank you very much! Very thoughtful of you.  :)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2018, 10:06:01 PM »

Wow, @twistedlogic, that looks exactly like what I like to do! In fact when I got home from dinner tonight, one of my doggies, Jackson, went tearing into the bedroom, jumped up on the bed (it's set purposely low on the floor) and started gleefully rolling around, flipping this way and that, twisting and turning on his back. He totally wrecked the covers, messed up the pillows, got fur on the blanket, and slobbered on me when I got down to pounce on him. It was quite the debacle, and we both had the best time! <g>
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #189 on: December 22, 2018, 10:20:04 PM »
You guys should know Maru and Hana by now.  ;)

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #190 on: December 22, 2018, 10:25:51 PM »
Stuff and nonsense:

1) The dog in the video is basically my puppy, but thankfully mine is only 13 pounds.

2) They're rebooting 90210 with some of the original cast. This Gen X'er who never missed an episode is pleased to no end.

3) Some bush league Red Sox writer is voting against Mariano Rivera for the Hall of Fame. (ETA: Turns out he's abstaining which is better but still ridiculous.)

4) Capybaras are wonderful. Capybaras crammed into a hot tub with fruit are exponentially wonderful.

5) We've had trouble finding non-light, non-weird-flavored egg nog around here the past few years. Hopefully, things will go better tomorrow. I REQUIRE NOG.

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #191 on: December 22, 2018, 10:28:45 PM »

I love Maru!

I have a fluffy cat. Has anyone noticed that they seem significantly grumpier than other cats? Mine is very fine and fancy and perpetually in a mood.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #192 on: December 22, 2018, 11:44:35 PM »

Well that was fucking adorable, seriously! Things are getting a little too cute and cuddly around here like I'm being castrated. Might show my wife that video and then the "let's get a kitten or two" wheels will be turning. ugh

Damn all this cuteness!

BIG CATS RULE! Very nice video

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2018, 07:39:36 AM »
@sumethinz new, that's very kind of you and I appreciate it, thank you very much! Very thoughtful of you.  :)

You are so welcome, Aquarius  :)

This is the first time I can recall ever being notified via email that someone has replied to a post of mine, though not the first reply; I'm sure if I investigate I could find out how that is, but reading instructions...you know how that is. What am I missing here?

With the sincerest and warmest regards for you -k

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2018, 08:12:09 AM »
Stuff and nonsense:

1) The dog in the video is basically my puppy, but thankfully mine is only 13 pounds.

2) They're rebooting 90210 with some of the original cast. This Gen X'er who never missed an episode is pleased to no end.

3) Some bush league Red Sox writer is voting against Mariano Rivera for the Hall of Fame. (ETA: Turns out he's abstaining which is better but still ridiculous.)

4) Capybaras are wonderful. Capybaras crammed into a hot tub with fruit are exponentially wonderful.

5) We've had trouble finding non-light, non-weird-flavored egg nog around here the past few years. Hopefully, things will go better tomorrow. I REQUIRE NOG.

Maybe time for home made nogs