Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 12143701 times)

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
  • Elluminati
  • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #84825 on: February 21, 2019, 08:22:24 AM »
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZPM4d7ZgaXjoyngIY5KnSHNJW6hQ4SaCC3V
I have only heard you gasp one time before girl! That was the interview with Airyn! This is fucking wild!! I thought she was a whackadoodle but OMG its so much more!

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #84826 on: February 21, 2019, 08:24:43 AM »
This is very interesting but damn ...she is a full blown whackadoo

Listening now. Such a shame that she was dead set against getting help. :-\

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
  • Elluminati
  • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
« Reply #84827 on: February 21, 2019, 08:35:10 AM »
Listening now. Such a shame that she was dead set against getting help. :-\
Hello my Fancy friend!

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #84828 on: February 21, 2019, 08:42:31 AM »
Hello my Fancy friend!

Hey Angie! Hope you're having a good morning! :D

CoolTen10Redux

• KIDD
« Reply #84829 on: February 21, 2019, 08:43:53 AM »
Good Morning @damon ......You are the coolest of all! Have a great day darlin!!!!
[/ALL HAIL BART ELL YOU ARE SO COOL THERE IS NO NAME THAT COULD DO YOU JUSTICE....THE ICE KING KINDA COOLmove]
I see I was passed up again.  >:(

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #84830 on: February 21, 2019, 08:45:41 AM »

@DynamoHum thanks for doing this interview. I'm only 60 minutes in and have to go to work. I never thought Heather's mental illness was to this level. I hope she is better but who knows.

Tony sounds very genuine and sincere about just wanting to support the show and Heather. I'm sure he used vacation time from work and his own money to do this for her and this is how he's treated? Very sad.

@Dwindling Stacks , you should have a listen.

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
  • Elluminati
  • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
« Reply #84831 on: February 21, 2019, 09:07:13 AM »
Hello Person I don't know! @CoolTen10Redux  have a good day

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #84832 on: February 21, 2019, 09:09:55 AM »
I see that you are cool so you will be on the next list

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #84833 on: February 21, 2019, 09:36:55 AM »

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #84834 on: February 21, 2019, 09:48:59 AM »
As @albrecht mentioned, there are some wonderful recordings by groups and artists with the pipes (both Scottish and Irish) with rock instruments, or even full orchestra. I used to love all the CD"s by Silly Wizard (saw them live many times, exhilarating!), The Tannahill Weavers, and other good groups.

I also really love some old CD's by Shaun Davey, an Irish composer who writes suites for Irish pipes and orchestra. His first, iirc, is The Brendan Voyage (you can google it for the story and background of what it's about, a true voyage), and then he released The Seige of Derry (gorgeous, moving, based on historical events), and also The Pilgrim, which was originally recorded live and then updated later on. It uses both Irish and Scottish pipes, a full chorus, and his wife, wonderful irish singer Rita Connoly, who was featured on many of his albums. The Pilgrim explores a journey through the seven Celtic countries, or regions (Scotland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Wales, Cornwall, Brittany, and Galicia).

The last song on The Pilgrim is particularly stirring. It's called A'Ghrian, a hymn to the sun. Here's a link, wait for the build as it plays.

+1 @FISH, and @albrecht!

P.S. I bargained with my mother to let me at least learn the Irish pipes, which are pumped by the left arm and not blown through a pipe. They are softer and more used for dance, I believe, while the Highland pipes were truly war pipes and meant to be heard on the battlefied. Please double-check me on that with Mr. Fish, if you would. Of course my mother didn't fall for that tactic, either... hence the banjo.  8)

@Aquarius Nice! I wish more people actually sang and played real instruments in today's "music." The voice is really the best instrument and the ability to synchronize etc in choirs is amazing and has an amazing effect. This goes for regular instruments also when there wasn't the ability to artificially inflated volume so rely on style of play or adding numbers of the instrument, dissonance to create "artificial" volume changes, etc. I think we have gone backwards in our technology with regard to music.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #84835 on: February 21, 2019, 10:01:48 AM »
The best way to slow a drummer down is to challenge them with a complicated math riddle.
7+4 should do it.
They are known idiots.

That's exactly what the bass player said. The keyboard player and other guitarist chose to remain neutral.  ;D ;D ;D
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #84836 on: February 21, 2019, 10:24:59 AM »
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #84837 on: February 21, 2019, 10:27:30 AM »
I see that you are cool so you will be on the next list

I think @Journey, @Bobs Your Uncle, @MAX and I will have to console ourselves at the tavern for sure now. I'm up for it!  ;D ;D ;D

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #84838 on: February 21, 2019, 10:30:44 AM »

OMFG!

Art DID set her up to crash and burn, no question. 2-3 hours total "training", he unloads the guest house on her. Definitely NOT banging Art, nor related to him. Owes Vara a LOT of money. But had only 63 total subscribers!!!

Berloody nice job on this interview Dynamo - you let Tony take the lead, and the only thing this  "Weekend at Heather's" didn't have was a corpus delcti.

Wait for it... :'(

I feel the need to smash my coffee pot...not...oh well, it's out for beer and 5 boxes of salad. Jedimiller - STAY AWAY man!

:o :o :o

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #84839 on: February 21, 2019, 10:35:02 AM »
@Aquarius Nice! I wish more people actually sang and played real instruments in today's "music." The voice is really the best instrument and the ability to synchronize etc in choirs is amazing and has an amazing effect. This goes for regular instruments also when there wasn't the ability to artificially inflated volume so rely on style of play or adding numbers of the instrument, dissonance to create "artificial" volume changes, etc. I think we have gone backwards in our technology with regard to music.

I quite agree with you on this! There is a hilarious very talented musician/historian named Seth Rudetsky who has a show on the Broadway channel on Sirius/XM. He knows everything about the history and literature of Broadway musicals, and he plays piano brilliantly in addition to being truly hysterical. He has dozens of videos on YouTube where he does what he calls his Deconstructions of well-known singers and songs. While I laugh my way through them (he speaks very quickly, btw), I learn so much about vocal technique, singing, scoring, etc. He's wonderful, you might want to check him out.

He had a series of concerts at Town Hall where he would assemble a group of the very best people on Broadway and a small trio (bass, drums, Seth on piano) with an occasional additional musician. Thing is, everything was totally acoustic: the singers, the instruments, everythiing. Not a mike on stage anywhere. The acoustics in Town Hall are wonderful, and the concerts were spine-tinglingly wonderful, really thrilling. I loved them, especially because they were totally acoustic with no electronic mediation of the sound at all. They were a real treat!

He has guests singing on his XM Seth Speaks show on Friday nights (interviews, all interesting and funny), and accompanies whoever the guest is for their songs... again, acoustic (the studio holds maybe 10 guests, I went to a bunch of the tapings) other than being recorded for airplay. Delicious! +1 to you!

[Edit] Here are but two of many, many possible examples:

and