Author Topic: The Occult  (Read 18766 times)

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
Re: The Occult
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2018, 06:45:07 PM »
Somehow it seems familiar but I can say that I never have read her books but maybe caught an interview somewhere, sometime? I think sort of a new-agey type which is fine but usually not my thing. But would be interested to hear her on her dad etc. For some reason as a kid I always thought that he was European, see my stereotyping ha, because of his good way of speaking and being a gourmet with food. But he was from St. Louis as I learned later.

I heard a podcast interview of hers, I'll try and look it up. I really enjoyed it. It's always interesting to hear a different side of a public figure.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2018, 09:30:12 PM »
I heard a podcast interview of hers, I'll try and look it up. I really enjoyed it. It's always interesting to hear a different side of a public figure.
If you find post it. Thanks. Tho warn, if "bad" I might want to know.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2018, 05:24:15 AM »
Getting ready to start The Occulture podcast. It's a great show with a lot of fun topics. This week is the Halloween episode!

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2018, 04:30:43 PM »
That was awesome! Love that kind of reading.

Here is a bit of Dark Journalist breaking down theosophy.

Ah yes  :D I really enjoy Dark Journalist and his youtube podcasts. He covers some very interesting material and is well researched.

I'm slowly working my way through a couple Secret Space Program conferences that were held in 2014 and 2015 that was recently referenced during one of his podcasts due to the SSP trademark fiasco by the blue chicken cult.

I have the 4 volume book set of The Secret Doctrine and Isis Unveiled by Blavatsky. There is some dense material in it. I have so many esoteric books but a lot of them I've only used just as reference so far. 
But I admire the deep research that some authors partake in that others fear to tread. Earth has such a rich history and most of it we will never truly know. It can be quite frustrating to try and weed through the fluff to get to material of substance.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2018, 06:26:33 AM »
Ah yes  :D I really enjoy Dark Journalist and his youtube podcasts. He covers some very interesting material and is well researched.

I'm slowly working my way through a couple Secret Space Program conferences that were held in 2014 and 2015 that was recently referenced during one of his podcasts due to the SSP trademark fiasco by the blue chicken cult.

I have the 4 volume book set of The Secret Doctrine and Isis Unveiled by Blavatsky. There is some dense material in it. I have so many esoteric books but a lot of them I've only used just as reference so far. 
But I admire the deep research that some authors partake in that others fear to tread. Earth has such a rich history and most of it we will never truly know. It can be quite frustrating to try and weed through the fluff to get to material of substance.
I like how he connects the dots with so many different things. I love reading esoteric stuff in my spare time.

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2019, 04:56:59 PM »
Anyone else here interested in this broad topic. Let me narrow down a few of my favorite topics and speakers or guests from shows.

Topics

John Dee...
Right up my alley PBS.   ;)
Michael Tsarion has covered a lot of ground in this area.
https://truthscrambler.com/2017/12/21/michael-tsarion-john-dee-and-the-macrobes/

Take note that he mentions energy from matter, and then matter from energy. Now throw CERN into the mix.
Why ?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulrodgers/2014/05/19/einstein-was-right-you-can-turn-energy-into-matter/
and
https://phys.org/news/2014-05-scientists-year-quest.html

The following is more vaguely worded, but it's a confirmation of a new science - a science they've been hunting for, for hundreds of years.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170814125918.htm

And please keep in mind that the Macrobes require blood as payment. Ritual sacrifice, the marked offering, the timing of the ritual, all play a part.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/cern-human-sacrifice-video-watch-hadron-collider-god-particle-a7196881.html

That's about as concisely as I can distill it down, if you have no background into this kind of information.    ;)
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2019, 05:20:16 PM »
I don't like startle horror but I enjoy a good psychological thriller and prefer older horror like Hitchcock. A lot of horror movies are saturated with Occult symbolism. One of my favorites is The Ninth Gate and it's a fairly modern movie.
Especially the ones from the '20's and '30's.  ;)  (Check out archive.org)
Ive checked the symbolism on those old flicks, and 80 - 90 % is dead-on-balls-accurate.
(Pause the flick, mark it down, then search it)
I've also learned some things on different branches of the occult from those old movies.
(Horror flicks aren't really my Genre' either.)  ;)
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2019, 05:23:23 PM »
No it isn't. Science uses evidence, religion makes up stories without any evidence for them. If new information becomes available then scientists change their mind. If you try to change the views of a religion you end up having a war. If science was a religion, the Einsteinians and the Newtonians would have killed each other. Instead, everyone simply examined the data and found that Einstein was correct and that Newtonian mechanics doesn't answer all the questions any more.

Everybody uses science all the time. If you didn't you'd be dead. It's not a religion, it's just the best method we have for finding the truth about reality.
LOL - you just proved PBS's point by how religious you are about the strictures of science.  ;)   ;D

Anthony

• Nursery Resident
  • KMST
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2019, 10:16:18 PM »
Magick

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2019, 10:40:55 AM »