Author Topic: Tour de France  (Read 4812 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: Tour de France
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2019, 06:22:47 AM »
Awesome day in the Tour. Stage 19. After 3 days of 100° plus weather today's stage was cut short due to snow, hailstorm and mudslides. All hail the Tour!

You should wrote that hail cut the day short and now you want more hail?
DO YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, WOMAN?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2019, 08:04:39 AM »
You should wrote that hail cut the day short and now you want more hail?
DO YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, WOMAN?

HAIL BART ELL!
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2019, 10:09:45 AM »

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 02:04:05 PM »

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2019, 03:14:42 PM »
Thin skinned?

I didn't mention being hurt.
I made the observation your words would be hurtful to someone with human feelings.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2019, 06:21:45 PM »
Awesome day in the Tour...

Actually, it was an absolute disgrace.  Due to weather and road conditions, they had to stop the race.  Fair enough.  But then to take the leader's jersey off the shoulders of one rider and arbitrarily give it to another is disgusting.  Pathetic.  Three weeks of racing for nothing.

The proper decision would be to void the stage.  Instead they decided to treat one point mid-way thru the race as the end, and base the overall standings on the times the riders had when they got there.  Problem is, the strategy of the teams would have been completely different had they known that would be the announced finish ahead of time.

Now the appointed/illegitimate ''leader'' is almost sure to ''win'' as there isn't enough time left in the race for anyone else to catch up.  Every one else ought to just quit now in protest of this horrible decision.  The winner will be a sham.

The Tour de France is a private organization, with no apparent oversight.  They never seem to miss a chance to reach a lousy decision - for example in recent years allowing cheaters like Mark Cavendish and his asshole lead-out team to routinely head-butt, shove, cut-off, and slam into other sprinters down the home stretch, yet evict Peter Sagan a couple of years ago for doing far less in not allowing them to do that to him.

Fuck Tour de France CEO Christian Prudhomme and - until he resigns - the Tour itself.  Most (actually, all) the other major sports have done everything in their power to take every ounce of fun out of their games, apparently TdF has decided to follow their lead. 

The only silver lining is it was a French rider who got screwed, the French must be livid.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2019, 10:15:22 PM »
I didn't mention being hurt.
I made the observation your words would be hurtful to someone with human feelings.

I bet you bruise easily too

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2019, 05:51:47 AM »
I bet you bruise easily too

90% of my sexy body is black and blue 90% of the time.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2019, 11:13:56 AM »
90% of my sexy body is black and blue 90% of the time.

Citrus, biotin, Mr Man

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2019, 09:33:11 PM »
So this year's extraordinary Tour de France is complete. The kid from Colombia, Egan Bernal 22, takes home the final maillot jaune. The youngest rider in the Tour rode in to Paris resplendent in yellow slamming down champagne. My kind of guy. Julian Alaphilippe a very cute French guy, won the hearts of France with his bravura defense of the yellow jersey for most of the Tour until two days before the end. He came in fifth. Sprinter Peter Sagan, another seriously cute guy, made history with his win of the green jersey in seven Tours. C'est tout

Now. How is Team Ineos with three Tour de France winners and one Giro d'Italia winner going to sort that out for next year?

Fin

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2019, 10:04:51 PM »

Oops. Take two

So this year's extraordinary Tour de France is complete. The kid from Colombia, Egan Bernal 22, takes home the final maillot jaune. The youngest rider in the Tour rode in to Paris resplendent in yellow slamming down champagne. My kind of guy. Julian Alaphilippe a very cute French guy, won the hearts of France with his bravura defense of the yellow jersey for most of the Tour until two days before the end. He came in fifth. Sprinter Peter Sagan, another seriously cute guy, made history with his win of the green jersey in seven Tours. C'est tout

Now. How is Team Ineos with three Tour de France winners and one Giro d'Italia winner going to sort that out for next year?

Fin

FightTheFuture

• KMST
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2019, 12:20:11 AM »
After watching Lance Armstrong cheat his way to 7 wins...I simply can`t bring myself to watch it. And I LOVED the Tour. It`s just a scandal ridden sport.
พระเจ้าอวยพรหมูป่า !!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2020, 04:17:31 PM »
I quit watching sports years ago - other than a very rare game here or there that seems compelling.  They've given me no reason to miss any of it, and it grows more obnoxious by the day.  I missed (so to speak) the Giant's World Series championships, the Warrior's NBA championships, and most of the 49er breakout season last year - and couldn't care less about it. 

The lone exception is cycling, specifically multi-stage races, and specifically the Tour de France.  That, I watch.

It's normally run 3 weeks in June and July - this year they just stopped all races mid-season, and are just now racing again.  The Tour is now near the end of it's second week, and it's been just great - as always.

And not one ''knee'' taken, no ''unity'' hugs, and not a word about any of it from the announcers or rider interviews.  Just sport for the competition and entertainment.