Poll

Is It Better To Add Junk Food To The Waistline, or to Waste It By Discarding It?

Only if you are overweight.
0 (0%)
Never waste junk food.
1 (16.7%)
It's okay to destroy addictive temptations.
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 07, 2019, 04:38:01 PM

Author Topic: Health Choices Victories!!!  (Read 10576 times)

sumethinz new

• KDWN
Re: Health Choices Victories!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2018, 12:41:32 AM »
@sumethinz new Dude, I put my own dogs and cats down and I shot my first bull when I was seven. No hazing can match my damaged blackened heart.

BTW it's better to let your pets spend their last moments with you rather than dropping them off at the vet all cold like. People often do that with cats.. :'( I say give'em the best day of their lives and fuckin shoot'em.    Not in the city though ;)

Kaboom!! Merry Christmas.

this ones gonna get some smite

I've seen bulls castrated. Not saying they're capable of anything approaching abstract thought or even much consciousness and so they cant possibly contemplate whether they would prefer having their balls mercilessly crushed, or death and subsequent nothingness, but I'm just betting if they could they'd prefer sweet sweet death everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

they seemed rather unhappy about the whole ordeal

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2018, 01:01:01 AM »
I've seen bulls castrated. Not saying they're capable of anything approaching abstract thought or even much consciousness and so they cant possibly contemplate whether they would prefer having their balls mercilessly crushed, or death and subsequent nothingness, but I'm just betting they'd prefer sweet sweet death everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

they seem rather unhappy about the whole ordeal
Yeah, the sounds, sights and smells of the farm. The squealing pigs being rounded up as they all know they're dying within the hour.. Bull castration, yep that's no picnic. What about branding? Corralled into those wooden slots that sometimes seemed kind of flimsy, and then the smell and sizzle of you know who, mooo.    Yippy ei aye, cow patty

Now that @Sofia 's thread is completely ruined, Merry Christmas to all us Gentiles.

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2018, 01:04:13 AM »

Now that @Sofia 's thread is completely ruined, Merry Christmas to all us Gentiles.

I prefer to think of her thread as multifaceted and open to diverse thought

I'm not Christian but I love to celebrate Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2018, 03:12:30 PM »
Yes, home euthanasia is the best (after the sedative, of course).  It can be way better to euthanize than to wait too long.  Of the four pets I had that needed to die but were not euthanized, only one or two died peacefully.  The other two or three were very, very traumatic for everyone, them, other pets, and me.

The two that I had euthanized actually enjoyed most of the process, and were too far sedated to even know about the ending process.  The initial.sedative is such a pain killer that the at-home doc pet the cat and let him enjoy 20 minutes of pain free cuddling for the first time in weeks.  I hadn't realized he was in pain until the sedative changed his breathing.  He had been much tenser than I knew.  I wonder what pained him, must have been internal then.

Most of my pets have been neutered very young, before they knew what they were missing.  I did have one tom cat neutered, and it was a wreck.  He knew exactly what the vet did to him, and he glared hatefully at me for over a year.  He would look at his wee wee area, then up and me, and get tears in his eyes.  It was one of the top ten mistakes of my life.

It would have been 100% more humane if the vet had put him on hormone adjustment gradually for a few months first, to reduce his desire and gradually make him and his thoughts decline.  Prior to castration.  It is barbaric to cut off experienced tested without first treating the mind.

I don't think branding is used much anymore, but plenty of other horid, greedy, inhumane practises are.  Can we talk about something else.  I wish we had more family farms and less Big Agra.  When things go wrong in Big Agra, sometimes the consequences are devastating.  But when a family farm has a leak or whatever, towns don't have to evacuate.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2018, 10:10:04 PM »
I haven't forgotten the snide comment about unemployabilty.  Which would be viewed in a new light if you are not only eating Mom's pie, but sleeping there too.
  This sounds like something out of the Taboo movie series.  I'm not supposed to watch bad movies.  Anymore.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2018, 10:10:34 PM »
I got vegetables back in the house.  Thank God.
The in-laws moved in?

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2018, 10:15:42 PM »
I prefer to think of her thread as multifaceted and open to diverse thought

I'm not Christian but I love to celebrate Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2018, 03:22:36 AM »

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2018, 03:23:48 AM »

i was afraid to open this, but I did and it was good.  As long as non-Christians did not have to attend if they didn't want to.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2018, 03:26:01 AM »
It was a victory asking the visitors to take back all the leftover cheesecake! 

I was able to wear something I have not fit in since at least 2007.  Yay!!!!!

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2018, 06:06:41 AM »

Brings a tear to my eye. Thanks, Paladin, you sensitive guy, you

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2018, 01:05:51 AM »
i was afraid to open this, but I did and it was good.  As long as non-Christians did not have to attend if they didn't want to.
No Sofia.  When I was in boot camp, you had to choose a faith.  There were no atheists in my beloved Corps.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2018, 11:51:48 PM »
No Sofia.  When I was in boot camp, you had to choose a faith.  There were no atheists in my beloved Corps.
I see. Well, a person would have to be pretty silly to be an atheist anyhow.  Nature and geometry point to intelligent design.

Health choice victory of the day:  Only eating the flavor in a package that I like, and not eating the others just because they are in the package.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2018, 01:11:35 AM »
I see. Well, a person would have to be pretty silly to be an atheist anyhow.  Nature and geometry point to intelligent design.

Health choice victory of the day:  Only eating the flavor in a package that I like, and not eating the others just because they are in the package.
Let me guess.  You ate the purple crayon.  Because it is your favorite.  It tastes like purple.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2019, 04:18:19 PM »
Let me guess.  You ate the purple crayon.  Because it is your favorite.  It tastes like purple.
The package was (shameful) Tropical Lemonheads.  Awful, hardly any lemonhead tang at all.  I ate the pink lemonade ones.

I don't want to take my walk.  It hurts my shoulders to get dressed, damn it.   I'm going to go do it now.  Been trying to limber up those shoulders.  Ever since the car crash, it also hurts to put on bottoms.  As long as my shoulders are going to hurt, maybe I'll pull a skirt on over my head.  I better go.  And thanks for being there.