Author Topic: Ellgab vs Bellgab  (Read 182485 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Ellgab vs Bellgab
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2019, 10:56:35 PM »
+1 - Hold your ground.   ;)

Hey, that pic is Photoshopped and if it is really you, I always suspected you might be a 'Deviant'...   ;)
(Heh, heh, heh.)
...and I like the name you chose for your website.
Keep warm - up there.   ;).

Date Taken
    Oct 4, 2010, 9:26:55 PM
Software
    Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows

I did a quick search on your surname and found your family coat-of-arms / crest, removed the name, scaled it, sharpened it,  enhanced it with a bump map, and added tranparency to two of the exports. The colors are original. No Photoshop - this was in gimp. The original image was tiny.  ;)
Thanks for the coats of arms!  Those are great!  But @Whistler I don't have a website.  I just went on Google Images and then did some cropping.  But a little deviancy goes a long way!

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2019, 10:57:35 PM »
Are we having fun yet?

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2019, 11:16:15 PM »
Thanks for the coats of arms!  Those are great!  But @Whistler I don't have a website.  I just went on Google Images and then did some cropping.  But a little deviancy goes a long way!
@You're Wecome. 
Glad you caught the reference, and thanks for letting me know.  ;)

It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2019, 03:42:30 PM »
For all intents and purposes that is true. MV can still claim bragging rights for what the site once was and while he made the claim that he wants us all back including the cat ladies so that he can watch them "get triggered," he is actually glad that some of us are gone. His pet peeve was anyone telling him to moderate his site. I dared to say something about that once and I think I was one of those he had in mind for the glad we are gone category.

I do understand the points of his ethos with "free speech" for its own sake, but I have also have seen the results of that plan when there is a concentration of those that take this ethos with a nearly religious zealotry.  I have also been on over enforced sites that with every post you feel like you are on eggshells. I guess in this way I am the ultimate centrist. Everything in moderation - pun intended ;D We all in the end after everything is stirred settle at our own level. Ellgab is about the right balance. If they enjoy Bellgab the way it is, then I hope they are having a good time. The pressure relief/overflow valve works both ways. I have never felt censored here, but then again I have never felt compelled to make a lot of noise, be a baby, pick fights, or be radical for the sake of being radical.
+1 Pretty much spot on in your assessment.

His pet peeve was anyone telling him to moderate his site. I dared to say something about that once and I think I was one of those he had in mind for the glad we are gone category.
Interesting you mention that. Years ago on BG, one of my first impressions of MV, unfortunately, was when someone asked about site moderation and his response was attacking and derogatory and undeserved.

This ties in to the BG quote of the day today about hostility over there:
--------------
Liberace! on Today at 02:03:08 AM
"Why the hostility?  I don't get it."
--------------

He speaks the truth, he really doesn't get it.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2019, 06:44:37 PM »
Ell has more woman than bell. And our woman are more fuckable too ;)

disclosure

• KIDD
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2019, 11:34:12 AM »
+1 Pretty much spot on in your assessment.
Interesting you mention that. Years ago on BG, one of my first impressions of MV, unfortunately, was when someone asked about site moderation and his response was attacking and derogatory and undeserved.

This ties in to the BG quote of the day today about hostility over there:
--------------
Liberace! on Today at 02:03:08 AM
"Why the hostility?  I don't get it."
--------------

He speaks the truth, he really doesn't get it.

mv is letting bellgab die a painful death by not clearing out the garbage like metron and dr md md. new member rain is making a fool of themself by not knowing praise bart started by brig who always posted praise mv on bellagb but i don't think anyone will point that out or fill them it that it is a joke. mv's ego must of taken a big hit when so few went back to bellgab and now some are leaving because every topic is taken over by the metron dr md md posts. username and vc are two more that seem to have serious mental problems. it was fun when it was back but it has become almost unreadable since all the topics got taken over and ruined.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2019, 08:33:46 PM »
mv is letting bellgab die a painful death by not clearing out the garbage like metron and dr md md. new member rain is making a fool of themself by not knowing praise bart started by brig who always posted praise mv on bellagb but i don't think anyone will point that out or fill them it that it is a joke. mv's ego must of taken a big hit when so few went back to bellgab and now some are leaving because every topic is taken over by the metron dr md md posts. username and vc are two more that seem to have serious mental problems. it was fun when it was back but it has become almost unreadable since all the topics got taken over and ruined.

Sounds good, hopefully MW keeps his word and keeps it going for another 9 and a half years.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2019, 09:43:24 PM »
I went back and looked at some of the other threads and you are right, a lot of topic threads on BG have become a battleground of personal vendettas. Metron, if provoked, is like an attack dog that bites and won't let go, I do give him credit for being persistent. I just can't believe that MV is happy with the way things are going. If he is unhappy with it, then either he has just given up, or he is in denial, or he doesn't know how to fix it.

twistedlogic

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2019, 03:25:51 PM »
I went back and looked at some of the other threads and you are right, a lot of topic threads on BG have become a battleground of personal vendettas. Metron, if provoked, is like an attack dog that bites and won't let go, I do give him credit for being persistent. I just can't believe that MV is happy with the way things are going. If he is unhappy with it, then either he has just given up, or he is in denial, or he doesn't know how to fix it.
It is a sad place. Did you notice all the ellgab mentions? It's funny they spend as much time discussing what is happening here as anything else. The ones that are banned alternate between bragging about getting banned to begging for information and screen shots.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2019, 10:12:33 PM »
It is a sad place. Did you notice all the ellgab mentions? It's funny they spend as much time discussing what is happening here as anything else. The ones that are banned alternate between bragging about getting banned to begging for information and screen shots.
I noticed that also. Check this out: This is a recap of the last 50 or so posts over on BG. The forum has deteriorated into the Metron vs. Dr MD attack show across the board with Brig trying to get a word in edgewise:

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2019, 10:34:51 PM »
@twistedlogic Um, dear mrs logic I'm standing right here, I can hear you.  If you're referring to me, I did think I was banned for a short while. I asked Bartimus about it and he let me know what happened in some detail. And for the record, I would periodically ban me just for fun.

twistedlogic

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2019, 04:37:32 AM »
@twistedlogic Um, dear mrs logic I'm standing right here, I can hear you.  If you're referring to me, I did think I was banned for a short while. I asked Bartimus about it and he let me know what happened in some detail. And for the record, I would periodically ban me just for fun.

Nope not talking about you, dear.

Enard P Farkwark

• Full of It
  • KNYE
  • Something something danger zone.
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2019, 07:31:27 AM »
Metron is a blowhard of the highest order. If you disagree with him, or even just don’t agree loudly enough, he posts repeated mile long replies with quotes from all sorts of mostly irrelevant web sites and wherever else in his usual fit of masturbatory self important ego stroking.
Babu!!!!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2019, 07:49:56 AM »
I noticed that also. Check this out: This is a recap of the last 50 or so posts over on BG. The forum has deteriorated into the Metron vs. Dr MD attack show across the board with Brig trying to get a word in edgewise:

Isn't that what they all said they wanted?