Author Topic: Ellgab vs Bellgab  (Read 187266 times)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: Ellgab vs Bellgab
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2019, 02:50:12 AM »
MV created all of this stuff. Bart Ell was merely a user, just like the rest of us ... That is up until he cyber stalked MV, stole his intellectual property and reformatted it into a chintzy knock-off site. And it'll always be the case ... those are the cold hard facts. BellGab will always be where everything began.

Pretty sure it started places like Fantastic Forum long before GeorgeNorrySucks and CoastGab were a script on a laptop in the back of a semi truck. Just saying.
Are we having fun yet?

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2019, 03:08:21 AM »
Pretty sure it started places like Fantastic Forum long before GeorgeNorrySucks and CoastGab were a script on a laptop in the back of a semi truck. Just saying.

I guess so.
not well-liked, but right

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2019, 03:47:55 AM »
MV created all of this stuff. Bart Ell was merely a user, just like the rest of us ... That is up until he cyber stalked MV, stole his intellectual property and reformatted it into a chintzy knock-off site. And it'll always be the case ... those are the cold hard facts. BellGab will always be where everything began.

''The Original George Nooy Sucks'' thread was started by a poster at GLP before those shit-heels ultimately deleted it.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2019, 03:50:01 AM »
... he cyber stalked MV, stole his intellectual property and reformatted it into a chintzy knock-off site...

Pretty great, right?

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2019, 04:07:54 AM »
Pretty great, right?
If you're into that sorta thing.

:)
not well-liked, but right

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2019, 07:43:56 AM »

Cyber stalked my arse.

Sorry Azz, this is like saying Ford made a car, so nobody else can use the template for a vehicle that has 4 wheels and seats.

Bart made EllGab after MV fucked off with no warning. Everyone had a chance to come here, it was no longer MV’s rules here because it’s not his, it’s similar because that’s what was needed. It evolved because it was nurtured.

MV doesn’t appear to be the one bellyaching about this. If he is I haven’t seen it (and could give a shit if he was tbh). So who are the people who have an issue with it... and more to the point, why? I doubt it would make a shit bit of difference at this point, but it would be interesting to know.

This is evolution. It’s not a knock off site, it is is distinctly different in a number of ways. As with everything online, if you don’t like it, don’t come here.

You are right BellGab is the older sibling, but as others have pointed out there are older iterations. Hell if you want to go back to the start, why not look at Usenet or The Grassy Knoll on AOL? That’s exactly where I first heard of Art Bell.

EllGab is now arguably more successful than it’s older sibling now, maybe that is the bigger and more important question to ponder, why is that?
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2019, 09:10:47 AM »
When MV quit and abruptly chose to shut down Bellgab without notice, Bart Ell took quick action and provided an alternative place for everyone to meet. Bart Ell saved whatever legacy was left. No one knew what was going on or if Bellgab would ever return. Then, when MV put Bellgab up for sale (for a pie-in-the-sky amount of $20K) it was evident at that time that it would probably not return. MV made a huge mistake in the way the shutdown was handled although he probably won't admit it. You snooze and you lose.

As for the current state of Bellgab, if MV likes the way it is going, then good luck. If he doesn't like where it is going, then take action and change it. It really is that simple.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2019, 10:53:56 AM »
It's his personal petting zoo, ergo he can (as you observe) run it as he sees fit.  :o :o :o

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2019, 10:55:36 AM »
Oh good.  I was concerned it was a trip to TJ gone bad

OUCH! ::) ::) ::)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2019, 01:16:18 PM »

Oh.
Well I disagree.
I think it is your cold hard opinion

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2019, 05:02:13 PM »
''The Original George Nooy Sucks'' thread was started by a poster at GLP before those shit-heels ultimately deleted it.

It's hard to believe that was over ten years ago! The goons did a real "Library of Alexandria" on one of the best comedic, humorous threads on the internet.

Enard P Farkwark

• Full of It
  • KNYE
  • Something something danger zone.
« Reply #266 on: February 06, 2019, 05:34:51 PM »
Oh.
Well I disagree.
I think it is your cold hard opinion
The word opinion is mentally transposed regularly with the word truth in the minds of some.
Babu!!!!

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #267 on: February 07, 2019, 11:29:15 AM »
The word opinion is mentally transposed regularly with the word truth in the minds of some.
Ranked voting is naked statism defined.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #268 on: February 07, 2019, 06:55:34 PM »
What's GLP?  Great Looking Pants as in the radio ad?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #269 on: February 07, 2019, 06:57:41 PM »
What's GLP?  Great Looking Pants as in the radio ad?

GLP lives Here