Author Topic: Ellgab vs Bellgab  (Read 182502 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: Ellgab vs Bellgab
« Reply #300 on: February 09, 2019, 09:01:24 AM »
Thats a good show.

I'm watching it r i g h t n o w

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #301 on: February 09, 2019, 09:46:31 AM »
Gordon!   :). Watching the current Hell's Kitchen as we speak

He's got a new show:

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2018/03/194278/gordon-ramsay-new-fox-television-show-24-hours-to-hell-and-back

And I missed the first, any comments on it?

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #302 on: February 09, 2019, 09:56:49 AM »
not well-liked, but right

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #303 on: February 09, 2019, 10:16:35 AM »

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #304 on: February 09, 2019, 10:40:35 AM »
He's got a new show:

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2018/03/194278/gordon-ramsay-new-fox-television-show-24-hours-to-hell-and-back

And I missed the first, any comments on it?
I like his current 24 Hours show. It is a redo of his older Hotel Hell series which spanned a few days instead of 24 hours to facelift fledgling restaurants and create attitude changes in staff and owners. I like 24 Hours but I liked Hotel Hell a bit better as it was more in depth and also included small hotels and bread and breakfasts. Gordon Ramsey's techniques in creating rapid turnaround and change in the owners and staff are right out of the Tony Robbins playbook and are quite effective. Create emotion (get the owners and staff angry enough to get out of denial), get leverage, and make change happen.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #305 on: February 09, 2019, 01:47:57 PM »
You're right! I don't believe I was all that clear in what I meant in my prior post, so please let me clarify: I'm only saying that, as far as I know, Bart created his persona ON BellGab, and so, the entire premise of EllGab even being BellGab without the "B" and other modifications stemmed from there. Bart's entire character is an anagram of Art Bell, and derivative of BellGab, reliant on its existence to have even been conceived. No?

Impossible to know. Things have happened, then other things happened, things always happen and here we are. What you don't know is whether other things happened or things didn't happen we would still be here we are, or who knows what it would have been. It certainly is different here than there. Whatever. I like here better than there, in case you were wondering. It seems way too bitey elsewhere.

Correct. As did I. I arrived here too, maybe later than others (I can't recall precisely when) ... and certainly MV's rules don't apply to someone else's forum. I am in total agreement with you that its an evolvement - but an evolvement of what BellGab started. Surely this is a reasonable conclusion for me to come to?

I happened here on the first day it was, because I was looking at the Barttweet and saw a message about it. Oh, I know, hang on. You arrived 4 days after I did. You were late! What were you doing?
What happens next with your above conclusion?

No, he doesn't seem to be. Right. I don't know who has an issue with it, save for a few BellGabber's that you can read bitching about it on BellGab. I only took umbrage and used such strongly worded phrases in my original post because Bart took it upon himself to be incredibly impolite to me in the Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade thread a day or so ago.  So yes, I lost my temper.

I don't understand the issue between here and there. I likely will live out my life happily not, so all is well on that front. OH. I am not sure about the impolite thing. I see things I find funny, and I see things I don't understand for whatever reason. There is that thing people seem to do - internetting - carrying on for reactions or whatever. I don't always know who is doing what but I am always on the look out for funnies. I hope your feelings weren't hurt by an impolite. Did you follow up with him to see why that happened?

But I just want both yourself and @anniem to understand, ladies, you both know me, and especially, that I don't like to upset the apple cart unnecessarily. I retract my off colour remarks about the board, and knowing me, you should know I hold no disdain for either of you, and am indeed rather fond of you two. So please try to see past my curt summary of how I see things.

No need to retract I don't think. I'm a bit on the literal side, which adds to the amount of funs I get to have, so was just saying it looked like an opinion vs fact. Even facts can be squishy. But I don't have all that many problems with the thoughts other people have. On occasion, yes, but not terribly frequent.

Please see my original point, about EllGab being a interpolation of BellGab. Because I think you may have misunderstood my point (possibly due to my lacking the eloquence needed to express myself well).
If you're talking economics, my brain isn't wired that way, so I wouldn't know, and don't place value on money alone per se, but if success means like minds are enjoying one another's interactions and conversations - even if they happen to get a bit heated at times - then I guess that is success. I think its clear at this point that I just have a nostalgia for BellGab, and tend to want to remind folks of the real story if they begin getting ahead of themselves too much.
I'm happy to apologize if I've been rude, because I respect your opinion.

Naw, it isn't my thought that you need to apologize. I just came along to give you a 1+ that day, and thought I'd pipe in what came to mind when I did it. I think all is well. And thank you for caring enough to clarify and whatnot, that is pretty nice.

edit adding @Azzerae so you can see I answered.   :)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #306 on: February 09, 2019, 03:34:14 PM »
I like his current 24 Hours show. It is a redo of his older Hotel Hell series which spanned a few days instead of 24 hours to facelift fledgling restaurants and create attitude changes in staff and owners. I like 24 Hours but I liked Hotel Hell a bit better as it was more in depth and also included small hotels and bread and breakfasts. Gordon Ramsey's techniques in creating rapid turnaround and change in the owners and staff are right out of the Tony Robbins playbook and are quite effective. Create emotion (get the owners and staff angry enough to get out of denial), get leverage, and make change happen.
Sounds like a winner. I DVRd the 1st season of 24 Hours because I guess I miss his "Kitchen Nightmares" now that it's gone. Robert Irvine's "Restaurant Impossible" was pretty good too, but I believe he left it to do some sort of Dr. Phill styled marriage counseling program - not much of a stretch from RI really. One thing you may want to examine if you like Ramsay is his old UK series "The F Word" - now THAT is great television!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For hotel-oriented stuff I'm still hoping Anthony Melchiorri does another season of:

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #307 on: February 09, 2019, 05:17:37 PM »
What's GLP?  Great Looking Pants as in the radio ad?

Some individuals claim that it's a sinister front for the Tavistock Institute. Certain words and phrases, that deal with those claims, are censored, and members can be banned from the forum if they "get too close to the truth".

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #308 on: February 09, 2019, 05:25:22 PM »
Brig should put out more of her videos, the most cringe worthy awfulness this side of Falkie

I've been out of the loop for five years (not in prison BTW), so this is inside baseball to me. Do you have a link to one of these clips that I can watch when I'm in a particularly masochistic mood (like I need more pain)?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #309 on: February 10, 2019, 01:34:13 AM »
Some individuals claim that it's a sinister front for the Tavistock Institute. Certain words and phrases, that deal with those claims, are censored, and members can be banned from the forum if they "get too close to the truth".
They have been on campaigns where they want you to join for a fee, and coincidentally around the same time, they blocked large groups of IPs for silly reasons that many people think was just to get the users to join with the fee.  But that settled down.  GLP has a lot of users, kind of like Craigslist forums do.  With that many people, there is a lot of nonsense and a lot of bottom-of-the-barrel posts.  I don't think I've ever participated much in any meaningful communication there, but I have picked up interesting links and information.  Some of the users are sincere, good people.  But you have to wade through so much crap.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #310 on: February 10, 2019, 01:58:31 AM »
I've been out of the loop for five years (not in prison BTW), so this is inside baseball to me. Do you have a link to one of these clips that I can watch when I'm in a particularly masochistic mood (like I need more pain)?

I wouldn't know where to look for them either.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #311 on: February 10, 2019, 04:40:25 AM »
They have been on campaigns where they want you to join for a fee, and coincidentally around the same time, they blocked large groups of IPs for silly reasons that many people think was just to get the users to join with the fee.  But that settled down.  GLP has a lot of users, kind of like Craigslist forums do.  With that many people, there is a lot of nonsense and a lot of bottom-of-the-barrel posts.  I don't think I've ever participated much in any meaningful communication there, but I have picked up interesting links and information.  Some of the users are sincere, good people.  But you have to wade through so much crap.

I posted there for a while. Like you said, it was a mix of good and bad, as well as normal and weird. I also got banned a few times for unknown reasons, and I got flamed many times for unknown reasons. There wasn't much godlike about that forum.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #312 on: February 10, 2019, 04:43:51 AM »
I wouldn't know where to look for them either.

It's just as well. Watching them sounds about as fun as chewing tinfoil with your dental fillings.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #313 on: February 10, 2019, 08:00:43 AM »

So you're saying it's like every other paranormal forum out there including Bellgrab? The gravesite of Saul Alinsky flowers anew! :'(

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #314 on: February 10, 2019, 08:02:33 AM »
Have you ever tried the almost mordant "Fantastic Forum"? I'd be interested in your opinion on that one.