Author Topic: Ellgab vs Bellgab  (Read 185955 times)

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
Re: Ellgab vs Bellgab
« Reply #390 on: February 14, 2019, 11:33:38 AM »
And some comments on the Skynyrd show - muddy audio on too many key solos, especially:

~ Charlie Daniels fiddle on "The South's Gonna Do It"

~ Gary Rossington's eponymous slide guitar intro to  "Free Bird" (at least we heard the birdies)

But in the final few minutes Ricky Medlocke simply detonates the solo at the end of "Free Bird" and pays the way for the entire show. This was new to me and I hope ya'll enjoyed it!

;D ;D ;D

ps - TNX Max for the documentary, watching it now. And Yeah those darn Patriots punked the Iggles sumpin' fierce. ;)
Good points on the concert. I saw it live on TV when it first aired (didn't go to it as it was sold out early on) and didn't remember some of it until I watched it again today. I think I still have a couple of the Skynyrd albums on 8 track tapes  :)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #391 on: February 14, 2019, 11:41:05 AM »
Is Tom Wills still living on his reporting of the Skynyrd plane crash?

I guess that happens, but you know what, this is actual news reportage - not the fake news op/ed newspeak we get from the communal teevee trough.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #392 on: February 14, 2019, 11:47:41 AM »
Good points on the concert. I saw it live on TV when it first aired (didn't go to it as it was sold out early on) and didn't remember some of it until I watched it again today. I think I still have a couple of the Skynyrd albums on 8 track tapes  :)
Hang on to those, they have some minor residual value, at least in the collector car world. Guys love to load a restored vehicle with authentic 8 track tapes for car shows and auctions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LYNYRD-SKYNYRD-PRONOUNCED-LEH-NERD-SKIN-NERD-8-TRACK-TAPE-CARTRIDGE/273592634943?hash=item3fb3644e3f:g:IH4AAOSwbX1cBWtI:rk:2:pf:0
LYNYRD SKYNYRD - PRONOUNCED LEH-NERD SKIN-NERD 8-TRACK TAPE CARTRIDGE
Condition:Good
“Cartridge plays fine. Label has some wear.”
Sale ends in: 02d 21h 53m
Was:US $14.95  What does this price mean?
You save: $2.24 (15% off)
Price:
US $12.71

This was a real trip to go back and re-experience something from 41+ years ago! Oh...feeling a bit long in the tooth I am... ::)

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #393 on: February 14, 2019, 12:00:45 PM »
Another Lynyrd Skynyrd tidbit: In 1999 Judy Van Zant and daughter Melody Van Zant opened the Freebird Café (later named Freebird Live) in Jacksonville Beach. It had a lot of Lynyrd Skynyrd memorabilia, food, recorded music, and known live bands over its 16 year run. It closed in 2016, so sad to see it go  :(   The Charlie Daniels Band and the Gregg Allman Band played there among others.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #394 on: February 14, 2019, 12:10:20 PM »
Hang on to those, they have some minor residual value, at least in the collector car world. Guys love to load a restored vehicle with authentic 8 track tapes for car shows and auctions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LYNYRD-SKYNYRD-PRONOUNCED-LEH-NERD-SKIN-NERD-8-TRACK-TAPE-CARTRIDGE/273592634943?hash=item3fb3644e3f:g:IH4AAOSwbX1cBWtI:rk:2:pf:0
LYNYRD SKYNYRD - PRONOUNCED LEH-NERD SKIN-NERD 8-TRACK TAPE CARTRIDGE
Condition:Good
“Cartridge plays fine. Label has some wear.”
Sale ends in: 02d 21h 53m
Was:US $14.95  What does this price mean?
You save: $2.24 (15% off)
Price:
US $12.71

This was a real trip to go back and re-experience something from 41+ years ago! Oh...feeling a bit long in the tooth I am... ::)
I will have to see if I can find them. The problem with some of the old magnetic tapes is that they deteriorate over time and hopefully since they have been stored vertically and in an air-conditioned environment, they will still be playable. I inherited some reel-to-reel tapes from the 1950's and some of them are separating layers (I don't know how they were stored prior to me getting them).

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #395 on: February 14, 2019, 01:15:30 PM »
I will have to see if I can find them. The problem with some of the old magnetic tapes is that they deteriorate over time and hopefully since they have been stored vertically and in an air-conditioned environment, they will still be playable. I inherited some reel-to-reel tapes from the 1950's and some of them are separating layers (I don't know how they were stored prior to me getting them).
Roger that, I think * tracks have a better lifespan due to the enclosure. I used to do reel to reel and it does wear out unless you have some of the metal tapes.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #396 on: February 14, 2019, 03:56:57 PM »
My bad, I first read that as "tranny"

It's understandable. Thanks to social engineering, we see trannies everywhere.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #397 on: February 14, 2019, 04:02:28 PM »
Ellgab legal immigration only. Would Kidnostad qualify as a dreamer?  :)

I can't say for sure. He would qualify as one if he continues to post there, expecting nontoxic responses.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #398 on: February 14, 2019, 04:05:49 PM »
I still grieve the Lynyrd Skynyrd crash. :'(

That was a huge loss. I still grieve the good music crash.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #399 on: February 14, 2019, 04:09:26 PM »
That was a huge loss. I still grieve the good music crash.
Ya buddy! Couldn't have said it better myself. Digging how the millenials are going back to the real stuff, that's priceless. 8)

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #400 on: February 14, 2019, 04:19:23 PM »
Ya buddy! Couldn't have said it better myself. Digging how the millenials are going back to the real stuff, that's priceless. 8)

For the first time in my adult life, I can't name four songs in the pop music Top Forty. You mention the decline, and you hear the same cliches: "all generations say that about kids' music" and "you just have to search for good music". Well, most of my generation didn't say that our generation's music stunk, and you shouldn't have to hunt for great tunes. Don McClean was about thirty years too early with "the day the music died" since we had many great songs since Buddy Holly and his fellow singers passed.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #401 on: February 14, 2019, 05:42:07 PM »
I still grieve the Lynyrd Skynyrd crash. :'(

I consider it the end of the golden period of R&R and the beginning of crap music - starting with disco.  The friend who introduced them to me and I were going to see them when they got to Spokane. 

I never did go see the band after the crash, it couldn't have been the same without Ronnie Van Zant.  Did they have any successful albums afterward?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #402 on: February 14, 2019, 05:46:48 PM »
For the first time in my adult life, I can't name four songs in the pop music Top Forty. You mention the decline, and you hear the same cliches: "all generations say that about kids' music" and "you just have to search for good music". Well, most of my generation didn't say that our generation's music stunk, and you shouldn't have to hunt for great tunes. Don McClean was about thirty years too early with "the day the music died" since we had many great songs since Buddy Holly and his fellow singers passed.

There are actually people out there who think the 80s were the best years for music, and (fewer) others who claim that for the 90s.  Haven't heard anyone make those claims for any period since.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #403 on: February 14, 2019, 08:05:58 PM »
There are actually people out there who think the 80s were the best years for music, and (fewer) others who claim that for the 90s.  Haven't heard anyone make those claims for any period since.
Most of the musical chart toppers in the last 15 - 20 years have fake (canned) drums, presets (amplifier simulators) in place of real guitar and bass amps) and autotuned vocals etc.   The human ear gets very wise to music that has had the humanity sucked right the fuck out of it and at the end of the day, even the most soul dead waste of space hip hopper knows he's been takin for a less than musical ride

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #404 on: February 15, 2019, 09:57:14 AM »
Most of the musical chart toppers in the last 15 - 20 years have fake (canned) drums, presets (amplifier simulators) in place of real guitar and bass amps) and autotuned vocals etc.   The human ear gets very wise to music that has had the humanity sucked right the fuck out of it and at the end of the day, even the most soul dead waste of space hip hopper knows he's been takin for a less than musical ride
Parallels to this in the current state of the movie industry. Sometimes it seem CGI, special effects, and other bells and whistles have taken the place of good solid acting by real people.