Author Topic: Ellgab vs Bellgab  (Read 182447 times)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
Re: Ellgab vs Bellgab
« Reply #450 on: February 19, 2019, 02:58:21 PM »
Things are not going well over there at BG. MV can't be happy with the current state of the forum. Sad...
So here's the thing - at this point we have to say that there has been some sort of unofficial forum bouncer status accorded MD.

If you look in the Bellgab Cartoons thread (day 1) you'll see Azzerae's perceptive comic art on the long leash MV gives the dick doctor. Why?

Well that's the burning question!

:o

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #451 on: February 19, 2019, 04:12:35 PM »
So here's the thing - at this point we have to say that there has been some sort of unofficial forum bouncer status accorded MD.

If you look in the Bellgab Cartoons thread (day 1) you'll see Azzerae's perceptive comic art on the long leash MV gives the dick doctor. Why?

Well that's the burning question!

:o

There's no question that that's weird. That's why I burned my bridges.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #452 on: February 19, 2019, 04:16:14 PM »
And the dick doctor does it again, lol! 8)

See, that's what I don't get. You were no Gandhi on Bell Gab, but MD was infinitely worse. You got a lifelong ban, and he got a lifelong pass. Does he have a blackmail tape or something?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #453 on: February 19, 2019, 05:01:10 PM »
I seem to have singed mine as well - misery loves company?

;D

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #454 on: February 19, 2019, 05:03:10 PM »
See, that's what I don't get. You were no Gandhi on Bell Gab, but MD was infinitely worse. You got a lifelong ban, and he got a lifelong pass. Does he have a blackmail tape or something?

I wish I knew. As before I got a nice set of parting gift PMs before MV kicked me.

I know this game, it's:visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #455 on: February 19, 2019, 05:32:25 PM »
I seem to have singed mine as well - misery loves company?

;D

Some company is misery. I left the bad company.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #456 on: February 19, 2019, 05:33:37 PM »
I wish I knew. As before I got a nice set of parting gift PMs before MV kicked me.

I know this game, it's:visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's a great metaphor for the MSM. Lucy is Juicy.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #457 on: February 19, 2019, 06:14:12 PM »
Some company is misery. I left the bad company.

Kind of an Indiana Jones move.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #458 on: February 19, 2019, 06:14:37 PM »
That's a great metaphor for the MSM. Lucy is Juicy.
LOL!

Nailed it.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #459 on: February 20, 2019, 09:23:40 AM »
Dwindling stacks...of users... ::)

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #460 on: February 20, 2019, 10:07:31 AM »
Dwindling stacks...of users... ::)
With the lack of participating users, I am still trying to understand what is MV's real point in keeping the forum going.

Disclaimer: I am viewing this from my point of view which is if you are not growing then you are dying. I see little to no growth over there. I see no attempts to turn things around or to encourage new membership. No promotion via gabcasts for months and little participation by MV.

My "forum world view" is that a forum's success depends on membership contribution and growth. Forums created and put on auto-pilot without purpose or direction rarely succeed. Coming from my point of view, I would not be happy at all with the current BG status.

Does MV get up in the morning with the excited attitude that he can't wait to log in to BG and see what posters have said and then contribute something, or does MV get up in the morning and dread logging in to BG with the "what fires am I going to have to put out today" attitude? There is a big difference, and it comes across to the other forum members.

I was watching a past episode of Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares the other night. Gordon pulled the owner of the failing restaurant aside and confronts him with "You've given up, haven't you? What happened to that restaurant owner that was once excited about his business?" Once he gets the owner out of denial and gets leverage, he can turn the owner's attitude around. Maybe we need a "Forum Nightmares" show :)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #461 on: February 20, 2019, 10:53:21 AM »
In a subject verse like the paranormal, and one further refined by the focus on it's now deceased icon (Art Bell), the prospects for growth have to be limited if not terminated both by his passing, but also by the utter flailing failure of his hand-picked "legacy". Suffice to say that lacking a forum traffic generator, such as Ellgab has with Dynamo Hum, BellBanGab is more of a memory hole in the net, a vortex of spiraling inward compression.

Where Bart was genius was in striking when the strain of it all seemed to be too much for MV. Partnering with a reborn MITD at least allowed the aroma of the "legacy" to energize listeners while the diminishing smoke from the Pahrump dumpster fire yet promised re-ignition at some point. This forum's challenge, barring a Heather reboot, is in being a single program centric portal, as opposed to the forums at LNM and KGRA which resonate with a larger network of programming.

It's odd to me that save for Spooky Tim, the other programs on the DMDN and their hosts haven't coordinated more commentary and activity here. And make no mistake there are shows that have the "woo" to pull it off.  Should a Dragon King Dark or Paranormal UK or Conspirinormal start "bringing it" here the forum would be enriched and likely upsize it readership and member list accordingly. Something for Bart to consider as he spins his web of woo.

Because really the same thing that plagues BellBanGab can happen here, just not with as splashy a death throe as BBG's surrender to the tides of listener apathy has evidenced.

It's hard to say what MV thinks of his forum's spasmodic nature. He has publicly stated that he is perplexed by all the conflict, yet he seeds the dick doctor functional bouncer privileges, indemnifies him against any convictions for thread shitting, then hobbles those who would return fire at his endlessly tiresome cat calls of "f****t, globalist, Bush lover,", etc.

As such he creates a Thunderdome of his own, then seems to want to hand pick the winners and losers as opposed to letting the audience see an actual outcome. Predictably then he falls prey to the cynicism that comes when the onlookers realize the lions were always going to eat the gladiator regardless of how well he performed. As such BellBanGab becomes less "Running Man" and more professional wrestling with scripted outcomes the byline.

Inevitably that courts boredom, sycophantic worship, and, with a hateful witch like Brig somehow elevated to celebrity status unbecoming her meager offerings to said forum, one is left with a sinking feeling that the "vaguely lovable" monicker is little more than wishful thinking for a pit of paradise lost. Or so it would seem... :-\

disclosure

• KIDD
« Reply #462 on: February 20, 2019, 11:13:27 AM »

What did you do to burn your bridges at bellgab?

disclosure

• KIDD
« Reply #463 on: February 20, 2019, 11:26:19 AM »
In a subject verse like the paranormal, and one further refined by the focus on it's now deceased icon (Art Bell), the prospects for growth have to be limited if not terminated both by his passing, but also by the utter flailing failure of his hand-picked "legacy". Suffice to say that lacking a forum traffic generator, such as Ellgab has with Dynamo Hum, BellBanGab is more of a memory hole in the net, a vortex of spiraling inward compression.

Where Bart was genius was in striking when the strain of it all seemed to be too much for MV. Partnering with a reborn MITD at least allowed the aroma of the "legacy" to energize listeners while the diminishing smoke from the Pahrump dumpster fire yet promised re-ignition at some point. This forum's challenge, barring a Heather reboot, is in being a single program centric portal, as opposed to the forums at LNM and KGRA which resonate with a larger network of programming.

It's odd to me that save for Spooky Tim, the other programs on the DMDN and their hosts haven't coordinated more commentary and activity here. And make no mistake there are shows that have the "woo" to pull it off.  Should a Dragon King Dark or Paranormal UK or Conspirinormal start "bringing it" here the forum would be enriched and likely upsize it readership and member list accordingly. Something for Bart to consider as he spins his web of woo.

Because really the same thing that plagues BellBanGab can happen here, just not with as splashy a death throe as BBG's surrender to the tides of listener apathy has evidenced.

It's hard to say what MV thinks of his forum's spasmodic nature. He has publicly stated that he is perplexed by all the conflict, yet he seeds the dick doctor functional bouncer privileges, indemnifies him against any convictions for thread shitting, then hobbles those who would return fire at his endlessly tiresome cat calls of "f****t, globalist, Bush lover,", etc.

As such he creates a Thunderdome of his own, then seems to want to hand pick the winners and losers as opposed to letting the audience see an actual outcome. Predictably then he falls prey to the cynicism that comes when the onlookers realize the lions were always going to eat the gladiator regardless of how well he performed. As such BellBanGab becomes less "Running Man" and more professional wrestling with scripted outcomes the byline.

Inevitably that courts boredom, sycophantic worship, and, with a hateful witch like Brig somehow elevated to celebrity status unbecoming her meager offerings to said forum, one is left with a sinking feeling that the "vaguely lovable" monicker is little more than wishful thinking for a pit of paradise lost. Or so it would seem... :-\

I have not seen any signs of any partnership with Keith on ellgab. "the other programs on the DMDN and their hosts haven't coordinated more commentary and activity here" proves that to me. The Malliard report and Spaced out Radio have threads here and post here and they are not on dm.  vc went over to bellgab to say he was banned for attacking Midnight in the Desert but his comments are still here and it looks like he was banned for spamming the same comments over and over.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #464 on: February 20, 2019, 11:42:36 AM »
I have not seen any signs of any partnership with Keith on ellgab. "the other programs on the DMDN and their hosts haven't coordinated more commentary and activity here" proves that to me. The Malliard report and Spaced out Radio have threads here and post here and they are not on dm.  vc went over to bellgab to say he was banned for attacking Midnight in the Desert but his comments are still here and it looks like he was banned for spamming the same comments over and over.

That's a shame because while KGRA (Jimmy Church) is killing it in the latest radioink survey, DMDN (MITD) is still residing lower down. The programs I mentioned do seem to have enough "woo" to them as well as personable hosts who might be able to leverage a presence here and benefit all sides. Over in BellBanGab Micheal Decon has staked out a thread (much as Malliard and Spaced have here) and seems to be drawing call-ins from that forum, as well as his regular listener base. No reason some of the DMDN shows couldn't set up threads here and work them and punch higher in the ratings. It just seems a shame to bypass the low hanging fruit when it's there for the picking.

As MaxPower said, grow or shrink.