Author Topic: WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS  (Read 83245 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS
« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2018, 07:00:28 PM »
With Crayons

Lend me your red helmet and I'll give it a shot ;) :-*

gary87zx

• KIDD
  • Life’s a journey, enjoy the ride.
« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »
Longtime lurker on Bellgab. Glad to see the community goes on.

1) What’s karma?
2) How are labels such as ‘KNYE’ assigned?

Regards, Gary
Regards, Gary

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2018, 11:29:15 AM »
Karma is the aggregate of the praises and smites you receive.
The call letters follow Art's career path and are automatically assigned as you reach a certain level of posts.
Post often and click on the ads on the home page.
Merry Christmas

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2018, 10:52:42 PM »
Lend me your red helmet and I'll give it a shot ;) :-*
I AM FEMALE!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2018, 06:22:33 PM »
I AM FEMALE!
I KNOW! WHY ARE WE YELLING?  hurts my ears :'(

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #230 on: August 21, 2018, 11:29:25 PM »
I KNOW! WHY ARE WE YELLING?  hurts my ears :'(
How collaborative.  You're a pretty good collaborator when you want to be  ::).

Inglorious Bitch

• Official EllGab Greeter
  • KNYE
« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2018, 05:34:11 PM »
Longtime lurker on Bellgab. Glad to see the community goes on.

1) What’s karma?
2) How are labels such as ‘KNYE’ assigned?

Regards, Gary

Hi Gary! How come you're not posting?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #232 on: August 26, 2018, 05:37:38 PM »
Eh, nevermind...

steveyraff

• KIDD
« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2018, 10:21:00 AM »
Roswells,

Art Bell fanatic from here in the wilderness of rural Ireland.

I stumbled across Art online by my own means somehow, a good few years ago now. Probably on one of my lengthy research binges, reading into something along the lines of one of his usually covered topics.

I can't put into words how much I enjoyed Art and his show. He because the voice of my daily routine.

I work as a sound engineer. I run my own recording studio. I also sometimes do live sound for concerts and the like. I am also a gigging musician (guitarist).

However, in recent years I started a new line of work within the field of audio, which has became my main job now as it takes up most of my time. Believe it or not, I kind of have Art to thank for this. On my days off, I'd listen to Art. About 5 years ago, maybe a little more, I listened to a show he did on the topic of Tesla. I had heard of Tesla before, but this show just really blew me away, and I learned a lot more about him. It really inspired me, in fact. I began to think about the power of the human mind, and what we are all capable of. It actually made me feel kind of bad for sitting around not doing much on my days off work. I started reading a lot about Tesla after that, about his experiments in the world of electronics etc.

Anyway, around this time, I was saving up for some equipment for my studio. There was a little guitar pedal I wanted. For those who aren't familiar, they are little electronic boxes a guitarist will have on the ground, that will run between their guitar and amplifier. When the footswitch is pressed, it will effect the signal in various ways - distortion, reverb, modulation etc. Well, I looked at this little box I wanted, and it was going to cost me about 500 bucks. I just thought, "what could possibly fit inside that tiny box that could amount to that much money?". Apart from working with plenty of audio electronic devices, I knew nothing about the actual workings of electronics. I'd barely touched a soldering iron. But like I often do, I took to reading - thinking still about the great things Tesla achieved. I discovered groups of people online who are hobbyists at building their own guitar pedals. Took me about 2 years of reading, experimenting with basic circuits etc, but eventually I started building my own guitar pedals. I started to sell them online, and before I knew it, I couldn't keep up with the demand.

Around this time, I commissioned an artist friend of mine to paint me a Tesla portrait, which still hangs on my living room wall - it keeps me motivated.

Now, I often spend around 10 hours a day at my workbench, soldering away and building guitar pedals. And for all of these hours, every single day, I have Art Bell re-runs playing in the background. I can go through 2 or 3 back-to-back 3 hr shows in one day quite easily! Told you I was a fan  ;D ;D

I also became a big fan of Bob Lazar. I have a few Bob Lazar t-shirts lol - not even joking. I wear them to the little rural Irish local pubs and people look at me like "Who the hell is that guy on your shirt?!"

I refer to myself as an "Optimistic Skeptic". I research the unexplainable endlessly. I rarely believe it, but to coin a cliche phrase "I Want To Believe". I try my best to debunk all I can, in the hopes that I can one day find something I simply can not debunk. Every once and a while I get close, and it enthrals me! I do find Bob's story very intriguing and I find his personality and story detail quite believable - but I know I can't base much on that alone.

I am also a bit of an Amateur Astronomer - and have been since I was young. I have two reflector telescopes. I have seen some strange things over the years, and have also tried endlessly to debunk those too. I think I have explained most of the strange sightings I've seen - except maybe one that I am still working on  ;)

Heres a funny thing that happened to me recently that may be of interest to Art Bell fans of the esoteric, weird and wonderful. I built a guitar pedal recently, just a few weeks ago, for a customer in Pasadena California. I put his name on my computer order list. The name kinda stuck in my head as it was unusual to me. Anyway, thought nothing of it. About 3 weeks later his order was up. I was working on it on my workbench, listening to Art Bell of course! During a lunch break, I was reading an article about a Meteor exploding with 2.1 kilotons force, 43 km above a missile early warning radar at Thule Air Base. We’re still here, so they correctly concluded it was not a Russian first strike (there are nearly 2,000 nukes on alert, ready to launch). Then I read that the information was exposed publicly by scientist 'Ron Baalke' of the Jet Propulsion Lab, Pasadena, California. I thought, thats weird, this week I just made a pedal for a Ron Baalke in Pasadena. I contacted the customer. Turns out its the same guy. I mean, what are the chances?! He helped build the Mars rover!
https://www.iflscience.com/space/us-air-force-doesnt-have-answers-after-21-kiloton-meteor-explosion-over-command-base-in-greenland/

Anyway. Sorry for the rant! Looking forward to being part of this community and perhaps connect with other A.B fans!

Here's a few photos relevant to the post:

PS. Sorry, I look sad and have bags under my eyes in the one of me beside my Tesla painting as it was the day Art passed away. I was trying to pay homage to him by showing the ways he had inspired me!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

[attachment[/attachment]

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2018, 10:37:24 AM »
Roswells,

I stumbled across Art online by my own means somehow, a good few years ago now. Probably on one of my lengthy research binges, reading into something along the lines of one of his usually covered topics.

I can't put into words how much I enjoyed Art and his show. He because the voice of my daily routine--

hello

Good to hear from an Art Bell Fan, East of the Rockies.  I am also an Art Bell fan, East of Rockies but in the USA.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2018, 10:54:03 AM »
Roswells,

Nice post Steve and welcome. Please check out the threads and add your input.

The cat people here will surely have something to say about your dangling kitty.

steveyraff

• KIDD
« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2018, 10:57:47 AM »
Nice post Steve and welcome. Please check out the threads and add your input.

The cat people here will surely have something to say about your dangling kitty.

What I like most about this comment is that its my dog LOL. That is Gomez. He is a Boston Terrier - born deaf and trained with hand signals. He does behave very like a cat though! lol

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2018, 11:02:03 AM »
I started building my own guitar pedals.

I am guessing PERISH is decay?
Nice looking pedal.
I had a puke green DOD FX25 envelope filter for years that could have used a Perish knob.

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2018, 11:09:23 AM »
What I like most about this comment is that its my dog LOL. That is Gomez. He is a Boston Terrier - born deaf and trained with hand signals. He does behave very like a cat though! lol

Cat person here.. BYU had me searching for a "dangling Kitty"  lol.   :o. cute dog... and pics..thanks.. :) :)

steveyraff

• KIDD
« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2018, 11:09:40 AM »
I am guessing PERISH is decay?
Nice looking pedal.
I had a puke green DOD FX25 envelope filter for years that could have used a Perish knob.

I like to have fun a get creative with things like that. Interesting about the DOD Envelope Filter having the same named control. Never knew that! You can see some of my other pedals on my Reverb shop if you are interested in that sorta stuff. Thanks.