Author Topic: WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS  (Read 83776 times)

steveyraff

• KIDD
Re: WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS
« Reply #240 on: August 29, 2018, 11:10:36 AM »
Cat person here.. BUY had me searching for a "dangling Kitty"  lol.   :o. cute dog... and pics..thanks.. :) :)

Thanks! I like cats too. We have one on the farm to keep the little rodents away :)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #241 on: August 29, 2018, 11:11:25 AM »
I like to have fun a get creative with things like that. Interesting about the DOD Envelope Filter having the same named control. Never knew that! You can see some of my other pedals on my Reverb shop if you are interested in that sorta stuff. Thanks.

No, I meant it needed one.
It only had RANGE and SENSITIVITY.

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
« Reply #242 on: September 01, 2018, 04:27:01 AM »
Roswells,  ...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Welcome and post often.  :)
Great introduction, and +1 for having a framed picture of N.T. on your wall.  ;)
He was a genius, and yes, an inspiration.   8)
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2018, 02:23:28 PM »

@MrsButtface welcome and post often.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

Lonevoice

• KDWN
« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2018, 04:06:31 PM »
Roswells,

Art Bell fanatic from here in the wilderness of rural Ireland.

I stumbled across Art online by my own means somehow, a good few years ago now. Probably on one of my lengthy research binges, reading into something along the lines of one of his usually covered topics.
Hi, Steve. When I started reading your post, I was going to ask if you were that guy in Ireland who used to be a caller in the early days of Art's MITD show.  The guy who always talked about how he learned to ejaculate into his scrotum (not that there's anything wrong with that)?  But, after reading the rest of your post,  you don't sound like a guy who likes to tell international radio audiences about how he ejaculates into his scrotum (not that there's anything wrong with that).  Welcome.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2018, 04:59:04 PM »
Was he talking to our Roswells?  Did she notice?

steveyraff

• KIDD
« Reply #246 on: September 03, 2018, 07:20:59 AM »
Hi, Steve. When I started reading your post, I was going to ask if you were that guy in Ireland who used to be a caller in the early days of Art's MITD show.  The guy who always talked about how he learned to ejaculate into his scrotum (not that there's anything wrong with that)?  But, after reading the rest of your post,  you don't sound like a guy who likes to tell international radio audiences about how he ejaculates into his scrotum (not that there's anything wrong with that).  Welcome.

Wow... what?! LOL. No, I can't say I've tried that, and I can't say I'd be telling the world, much less phoning into Art Bell to talk about it, if I could. What a horrible representation of Irish people! I remember one Irish guy phoned in years ago, and he sounded like a total moron as well. He was talking about how Ireland is one of the most haunted places in the world. I think he is believing his own folklore. He also sounded not 100% all there lol.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #247 on: September 04, 2018, 11:56:28 AM »
Roswells,

Art Bell fanatic from here in the wilderness of rural Ireland.

I stumbled across Art online by my own means somehow, a good few years ago now. Probably on one of my lengthy research binges, reading into something along the lines of one of his usually covered topics.

I can't put into words how much I enjoyed Art and his show. He because the voice of my daily routine.

I work as a sound engineer. I run my own recording studio. I also sometimes do live sound for concerts and the like. I am also a gigging musician (guitarist).

However, in recent years I started a new line of work within the field of audio, which has became my main job now as it takes up most of my time. Believe it or not, I kind of have Art to thank for this. On my days off, I'd listen to Art. About 5 years ago, maybe a little more, I listened to a show he did on the topic of Tesla. I had heard of Tesla before, but this show just really blew me away, and I learned a lot more about him. It really inspired me, in fact. I began to think about the power of the human mind, and what we are all capable of. It actually made me feel kind of bad for sitting around not doing much on my days off work. I started reading a lot about Tesla after that, about his experiments in the world of electronics etc.

Anyway, around this time, I was saving up for some equipment for my studio. There was a little guitar pedal I wanted. For those who aren't familiar, they are little electronic boxes a guitarist will have on the ground, that will run between their guitar and amplifier. When the footswitch is pressed, it will effect the signal in various ways - distortion, reverb, modulation etc. Well, I looked at this little box I wanted, and it was going to cost me about 500 bucks. I just thought, "what could possibly fit inside that tiny box that could amount to that much money?". Apart from working with plenty of audio electronic devices, I knew nothing about the actual workings of electronics. I'd barely touched a soldering iron. But like I often do, I took to reading - thinking still about the great things Tesla achieved. I discovered groups of people online who are hobbyists at building their own guitar pedals. Took me about 2 years of reading, experimenting with basic circuits etc, but eventually I started building my own guitar pedals. I started to sell them online, and before I knew it, I couldn't keep up with the demand.

Around this time, I commissioned an artist friend of mine to paint me a Tesla portrait, which still hangs on my living room wall - it keeps me motivated.

Now, I often spend around 10 hours a day at my workbench, soldering away and building guitar pedals. And for all of these hours, every single day, I have Art Bell re-runs playing in the background. I can go through 2 or 3 back-to-back 3 hr shows in one day quite easily! Told you I was a fan  ;D ;D

I also became a big fan of Bob Lazar. I have a few Bob Lazar t-shirts lol - not even joking. I wear them to the little rural Irish local pubs and people look at me like "Who the hell is that guy on your shirt?!"

I refer to myself as an "Optimistic Skeptic". I research the unexplainable endlessly. I rarely believe it, but to coin a cliche phrase "I Want To Believe". I try my best to debunk all I can, in the hopes that I can one day find something I simply can not debunk. Every once and a while I get close, and it enthrals me! I do find Bob's story very intriguing and I find his personality and story detail quite believable - but I know I can't base much on that alone.

I am also a bit of an Amateur Astronomer - and have been since I was young. I have two reflector telescopes. I have seen some strange things over the years, and have also tried endlessly to debunk those too. I think I have explained most of the strange sightings I've seen - except maybe one that I am still working on  ;)

Heres a funny thing that happened to me recently that may be of interest to Art Bell fans of the esoteric, weird and wonderful. I built a guitar pedal recently, just a few weeks ago, for a customer in Pasadena California. I put his name on my computer order list. The name kinda stuck in my head as it was unusual to me. Anyway, thought nothing of it. About 3 weeks later his order was up. I was working on it on my workbench, listening to Art Bell of course! During a lunch break, I was reading an article about a Meteor exploding with 2.1 kilotons force, 43 km above a missile early warning radar at Thule Air Base. We’re still here, so they correctly concluded it was not a Russian first strike (there are nearly 2,000 nukes on alert, ready to launch). Then I read that the information was exposed publicly by scientist 'Ron Baalke' of the Jet Propulsion Lab, Pasadena, California. I thought, thats weird, this week I just made a pedal for a Ron Baalke in Pasadena. I contacted the customer. Turns out its the same guy. I mean, what are the chances?! He helped build the Mars rover!
https://www.iflscience.com/space/us-air-force-doesnt-have-answers-after-21-kiloton-meteor-explosion-over-command-base-in-greenland/

Anyway. Sorry for the rant! Looking forward to being part of this community and perhaps connect with other A.B fans!

Here's a few photos relevant to the post:

PS. Sorry, I look sad and have bags under my eyes in the one of me beside my Tesla painting as it was the day Art passed away. I was trying to pay homage to him by showing the ways he had inspired me!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

As one myself from time to time, welcome fellow WOT-er!

the general

• KIDD
  • still prepping for Y2K
« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2018, 01:14:27 PM »
Howdy.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #249 on: September 15, 2018, 01:17:16 PM »
Are we having fun yet?

Inglorious Bitch

• Official EllGab Greeter
  • KNYE
« Reply #250 on: September 15, 2018, 01:29:19 PM »
Howdy.

OMG, I'm so happy to see you here!

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #251 on: September 15, 2018, 01:34:39 PM »
Howdy.

Welcome.
What would you use to get an unwanted signature off a guitar?

Inglorious Bitch

• Official EllGab Greeter
  • KNYE
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2018, 02:27:00 PM »
Welcome.

Sandpaper.

the general

• KIDD
  • still prepping for Y2K
« Reply #253 on: September 15, 2018, 04:42:52 PM »
OMG, I'm so happy to see you here!

Thanks, it's good to be seen.

the general

• KIDD
  • still prepping for Y2K
« Reply #254 on: September 15, 2018, 04:43:57 PM »
Welcome.

Pizza Punch