Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 302925 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: Gritty
« Reply #195 on: December 27, 2018, 05:39:49 PM »
The right claimed Pepe despite the creator not wanting anything to do with what the character had become via memes. Doubt Gritty was put out there in mind for something like that to happen. It's just people trying to make something happen of someone else's work. The NHL isn't going to align themselves or their intellectual products to the left or the right.

I think they already have aligned themselves. Think of the modern stances they have now: when it comes to animal rights, racial issues, sexual assault allegations, promoting LBGTIQ sex, cracking down on fighting and hard hits, instant replays, drinking, free speech of players, etc. It actually surprised me when they promoted a bit about the old "Broadstreet Bullies" since bullying is such a no-no now and something always criticized.   ;)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #196 on: December 27, 2018, 05:55:22 PM »
No disrespect. Only for Gritty fun.

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2018, 07:47:37 PM »
I think they already have aligned themselves. Think of the modern stances they have now: when it comes to animal rights, racial issues, sexual assault allegations, promoting LBGTIQ sex, cracking down on fighting and hard hits, instant replays, drinking, free speech of players, etc. It actually surprised me when they promoted a bit about the old "Broadstreet Bullies" since bullying is such a no-no now and something always criticized.   ;)

NHL has been long supporting the lgblt-wxyz scene - they wouldn't have the Canadiens or Women's National programs without it. Or Sean Avery. As far as sexual assault allegations, the team and league stood by Pat Kane though his faulty accusations. Now when it comes to some piece of trash like Voynov, that's a different story. Crazy Eurotrash, what ya gonna do?

Side note, Chicago has been getting assaulted in the fartbox all season - surprisingly up on Minnesota in the 3rd right now - Gary has yet to step in.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #198 on: December 28, 2018, 12:20:32 PM »
NHL has been long supporting the lgblt-wxyz scene - they wouldn't have the Canadiens or Women's National programs without it. Or Sean Avery. As far as sexual assault allegations, the team and league stood by Pat Kane though his faulty accusations. Now when it comes to some piece of trash like Voynov, that's a different story. Crazy Eurotrash, what ya gonna do?

Side note, Chicago has been getting assaulted in the fartbox all season - surprisingly up on Minnesota in the 3rd right now - Gary has yet to step in.

;D

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #199 on: January 14, 2019, 07:51:14 PM »
I don't really much care about the Carolina Hurricanes even though I live here now. I will admit that their TV announcer, John Forslund, is a hoot.

https://twitter.com/NHLCanes/status/1084513859824693254

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
« Reply #200 on: January 15, 2019, 04:13:16 PM »
I don't really much care about the Carolina Hurricanes even though I live here now. I will admit that their TV announcer, John Forslund, is a hoot.

Not a Canes fan either - always thought of them as one of the forgotten teams in the past handful of season since they've been hot garbage, but after catching a few games this years, I wouldn't mind seeing them in person.

Vegas and Winnipeg should be a good one tonight. May have to tune in to see the Sharks-Pens tonight too.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #201 on: January 15, 2019, 08:32:52 PM »
Not a Canes fan either - always thought of them as one of the forgotten teams in the past handful of season since they've been hot garbage, but after catching a few games this years, I wouldn't mind seeing them in person.

To me, way down deep, they are still just The Whale that played their games in a Mall.    Bleech.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2019, 07:39:38 AM »

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2019, 05:53:45 PM »

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2019, 06:50:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1092601790711902208

Wonder if that is Chris Osgood's kid between the pipes over there in the Fatherland?   Chip off the old block.    ;)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #205 on: February 07, 2019, 02:30:52 PM »
The Blackhawks have won 5 in a row. If they add 24 games to the regular schedule they have a chance to make the wild card.
Are we having fun yet?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #206 on: February 07, 2019, 03:00:56 PM »
The Blackhawks have won 5 in a row. If they add 24 games to the regular schedule they have a chance to make the wild card.

The West is a mess.
7 teams separated by 3 points for the last wild card spot.
Should be an interesting trade deadline.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #207 on: February 07, 2019, 04:03:28 PM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2019, 04:41:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1092046365063032832
@MaxPower I saw that game. Damn cool and rather funny with the who has the puck confusion before puck drop. Nice surprise for his family and somewhat heartwarming to watch on TV.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2019, 04:42:27 PM »
Things couldn't be worse for those Edmonton Oilers with fans throwing their jerseys onto the ice and walking out. Yikes :o