Author Topic: Soothing Music  (Read 9214 times)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: Soothing Music
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2019, 10:06:52 AM »
One of my favorite George Winston solo piano albums, Winter. My favorite cut on this is #8, Night, Part III Minstrels, at about 19:15. I don't know why, but this one calls to me with a sense of longing somehow beyond words.

After I lost my cool over Dave's guest last night, I had to come here to chill. Thanks @Aquarius . That hit the spot
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2019, 10:12:23 AM »
After I lost my cool over Dave's guest last night, I had to come here to chill. Thanks @Aquarius . That hit the spot

You're very welcome, @TigerLily. I have been in tech hell for two days transferring four windows phones to android and setting up and getting the air modem code so I can use my new little travel laptop later this week. Total hell, nearly finished. This got me through some of it last night, too.  ;) +1
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2019, 11:03:38 AM »
You're very welcome, @TigerLily. I have been in tech hell for two days transferring four windows phones to android and setting up and getting the air modem code so I can use my new little travel laptop later this week. Total hell, nearly finished. This got me through some of it last night, too.  ;) +1
@Aquarius and @TigerLily , I am enjoying listening to the different music selections. @Aquarius , your trip to NYC is almost here.  Sorry to hear about your total hell with setting up your travel laptop.  Bring some warm outfits with you, the cold is going to hit the East Coast on Friday. 
Sad story for me about piano music. I grew up with an older brother who is wanted to be a classical music pianist. He practiced the piano for about 4 hours a day for years. I had to be quiet while he practiced his playing the piano. I was told by my Mom that I was lucky since he only practices for 4 hours and not 6.  I learned to dislike piano music.  I dislike piano music to this day. On the plus side I still enjoy classical music. My brother is a music teacher and directors a choir to this day.
+1 for all the music.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2019, 11:31:01 AM »
@Aquarius and @TigerLily , I am enjoying listening to the different music selections. @Aquarius , your trip to NYC is almost here.  Sorry to hear about your total hell with setting up your travel laptop.  Bring some warm outfits with you, the cold is going to hit the East Coast on Friday. 
Sad story for me about piano music. I grew up with an older brother who is wanted to be a classical music pianist. He practiced the piano for about 4 hours a day for years. I had to be quiet while he practiced his playing the piano. I was told by my Mom that I was lucky since he only practices for 4 hours and not 6.  I learned to dislike piano music.  I dislike piano music to this day. On the plus side I still enjoy classical music. My brother is a music teacher and directors a choir to this day.
+1 for all the music.

And +1 for you. You suffered for his dreams too. Silver Lining Alert. At least it wasn't the accordion
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2019, 11:48:07 AM »
And +1 for you. You suffered for his dreams too. Silver Lining Alert. At least it wasn't the accordion

LOL
+ONE MILLION FOR YOU AND not the accordion

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2019, 09:25:51 PM »
This is soothing to me, because I know that there are others that experience loneliness and isolation that I cannot imagine. And so I am comforted with my state in life.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2019, 11:34:16 AM »

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2019, 05:28:18 PM »
You might like this ambience:

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2019, 01:10:45 AM »
"I arrived into this Life, on the Wings of Music.  And I will depart, precisely, in the same way."
Me - 4/13/19.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2019, 09:54:47 AM »
"I arrived into this Life, on the Wings of Music.  And I will depart, precisely, in the same way."
Me - 4/13/19.

Let's delay that departure a while longer, shall we?  You've still WWG!WGA work to do here friend! :)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2019, 05:01:38 PM »

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2019, 10:19:28 PM »
Dedicated to the Reaper.  ;)