Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592869 times)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2018, 07:42:42 AM »
Japanese Cheesecake.  It's uh, an extra hundred dollars, if you have already booked the 'full' package.   ;)

But I hear those cheesecakes are worth every yen
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2018, 07:47:19 AM »
Horseshoe >poutine.    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Looks like someone urpped on their leftover fries from last night

Tell you what. You can have my poutine if you give me your Japanese cheesecake. And no, this isn't a proposition
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2018, 08:04:45 AM »
Only about 400 or so watching the Lanzarote Airport live stream.  An Edelweiss Air "Lipstick" will be landing in about 20 minutes.  The Chatroom will be stoked!    ;)

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2018, 08:11:21 AM »
Only about 400 or so watching the Lanzarote Airport live stream.  An Edelweiss Air "Lipstick" will be landing in about 20 minutes.  The Chatroom will be stoked!    ;)

I like how the site self-describes as "addictive." Are people waiting for a Edgar Cacey/Ed Dames/SDM eruption on the Canaries causing an Earth shattering tidal wave or Atlantis to re-arise? Why is this site addicting? Simply because people miss how you used to be able to watch planes land and often airports would even have a coffee/cocktail bar where one could watch?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2018, 08:17:29 AM »
I like how the site self-describes as "addictive." Are people waiting for a Edgar Cacey/Ed Dames/SDM eruption on the Canaries causing an Earth shattering tidal wave or Atlantis to re-arise? Why is this site addicting? Simply because people miss how you used to be able to watch planes land and often airports would even have a coffee/cocktail bar where one could watch?

I dunno.  It is it's own little community.    I've seen the chatroom get pretty rowdy with the arrival of a "Lipstick"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Edit:  Probably not today - this bunch seems pretty lame.   ::)

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2018, 08:20:24 AM »
I dunno.  It is it's own little community.    I've seen the chatroom get pretty rowdy with the arrival of a "Lipstick"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Are there some bankers on the "Lipstick" funneling assets into more secretive banks now that the Swiss have sold-out, to an extent?

Some folks have odd hobbies. I recall some years ago the Italians arresting some Brits who were taking photos and great interest in planes. They didn't get that some British types like to count trains and planes as a hobby.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2018, 08:51:15 AM »
Are there some bankers on the "Lipstick" funneling assets into more secretive banks now that the Swiss have sold-out, to an extent?

Some folks have odd hobbies. I recall some years ago the Italians arresting some Brits who were taking photos and great interest in planes. They didn't get that some British types like to count trains and planes as a hobby.

Well now that you mention it, there are an awful lot of Neil's and Nigel's in that chatroom.   :)

FYI - the "Lipstick" landed without incident. 

K_Dubb

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2018, 08:55:53 AM »
Well now that you mention it, there are an awful lot of Neil's and Nigel's in that chatroom.   :)

FYI - the "Lipstick" landed without incident.

If they only had some chap pulling a mower with an old steam tractor in the foreground the entire nation would be transfixed.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2018, 09:05:27 AM »
If they only had some chap pulling a mower with an old steam tractor in the foreground the entire nation would be transfixed.

And a shed. Norskies are enthralled by wood chopping and stacking. Germans get off on an old British tv show that was unaired there involving a servant and an old mistress. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

K_Dubb

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2018, 09:28:21 AM »
And a shed. Norskies are enthralled by wood chopping and stacking. Germans get off on an old British tv show that was unaired there involving a servant and an old mistress. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

And, this time of year, some horrible old Eastern Bloc Cinderella movie from the '70s that has recently been lovingly restored with a grant from the Norwegian government.

"Cinderella" in Norwegian becomes Askepott, which takes the romance out of it a little.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C5%99i_o%C5%99%C3%AD%C5%A1ky_pro_Popelku

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2018, 02:03:58 PM »
And, this time of year, some horrible old Eastern Bloc Cinderella movie from the '70s that has recently been lovingly restored with a grant from the Norwegian government.

"Cinderella" in Norwegian becomes Askepott, which takes the romance out of it a little.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C5%99i_o%C5%99%C3%AD%C5%A1ky_pro_Popelku

Ha. The world is so weird. I'm going to have to check that film out now though....

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2018, 02:07:06 PM »

Inglorious Bitch

• Official EllGab Greeter
  • KNYE
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2018, 02:22:56 PM »
@Inglorious Bitch  Actually he's @Bart Ell pretty good. Although he insisted on calling me, Garth. Don't know what's up with that.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
LOL, his reputation is saved.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2018, 02:27:22 PM »
Are we having fun yet?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!