Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592869 times)

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #960 on: October 24, 2019, 11:20:27 PM »
Before Getty, maybe go to the artists and labels...    Don't forget to watermark and lower resolution & contrast before pitching them. I'm sure there's a tutorial online somewhere.

Thanks for the good advice, will do. Some of them, of course, have passed away, like John Denver. I had not great ones of Carly Simon at her very first concert, opening for Cat Stevens at Carnegie Hall. She could hardly look at the audience! I think I have Peter Noone (Herman's Hermits), Patti Smith, a bunch of others I can't even recall. I know I have the negatives, I don't know what shape they're in, but I don't know that I have prints of all of them. Sigh... another voyage back to the past!
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #961 on: October 25, 2019, 05:02:13 AM »
Who is the most interesting person you have ever met?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #962 on: October 25, 2019, 07:22:42 AM »
I knew Sonny Carter well. He was a stutterer who overcame it well enough to command a high school rifle drill team. Then he went to Emory University where he took up soccer and became the first American drafted to play professionally. He got his MD from the Medical College of Georgia. As he had been in ROTC throughout college, he entered the Navy and became the first medical officer to land a plane on an aircraft carrier. He then went to NASA and flew on the space shuttle. Unfortunately, he died in a commercial plane crash.

I’ve also met Ray Charles, Little Richard and Bonnie Bramlett who punched out Elvis Costello for calling Ray Charles the n-word.
Merry Christmas

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #963 on: October 25, 2019, 07:32:22 AM »
I knew Sonny Carter well. He was a stutterer who overcame it well enough to command a high school rifle drill team. Then he went to Emory University where he took up soccer and became the first American drafted to play professionally. He got his MD from the Medical College of Georgia. As he had been in ROTC throughout college, he entered the Navy and became the first medical officer to land a plane on an aircraft carrier. He then went to NASA and flew on the space shuttle. Unfortunately, he died in a commercial plane crash.

I’ve also met Ray Charles, Little Richard and Bonnie Bramlett who punched out Elvis Costello for calling Ray Charles the n-word.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/pdf/167748main_FS_NBL508c.pdf

I had met Sonny Carter once he became an astronaut. And I have worked in the Sonny Carter Training Facility which is the new pool where they train astronauts for EVAs.
Are we having fun yet?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #964 on: October 25, 2019, 07:51:28 AM »

Only 43! Sad ending.
Did you see the punching?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #965 on: October 25, 2019, 07:57:08 AM »
https://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/pdf/167748main_FS_NBL508c.pdf
I had met Sonny Carter once he became an astronaut. And I have worked in the Sonny Carter Training Facility which is the new pool where they train astronauts for EVAs.

Interesting looking place. What did you do there? (if you can say)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #966 on: October 25, 2019, 08:08:53 AM »
Interesting looking place. What did you do there? (if you can say)

I was involved in Independent Verification and Validation of the ISS Flight Software the first time. 

The second time I was on an industry board of advisors to come up with commercialization of the pool to help defray the costs involved with operating and maintaining it. I think I actually saved the pool in one meeting when I asked a dumb question that none of the engineers had thought to ask.  If they had allowed the company to use the pool for testing the equipment it probably would have destroyed the structural integrity of the pool.  The company had been testing this device in a flooded rock quarry and wanted a more convenient place to test.
Are we having fun yet?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #967 on: October 25, 2019, 07:43:48 PM »
I was involved in Independent Verification and Validation of the ISS Flight Software the first time. 

The second time I was on an industry board of advisors to come up with commercialization of the pool to help defray the costs involved with operating and maintaining it. I think I actually saved the pool in one meeting when I asked a dumb question that none of the engineers had thought to ask.  If they had allowed the company to use the pool for testing the equipment it probably would have destroyed the structural integrity of the pool.  The company had been testing this device in a flooded rock quarry and wanted a more convenient place to test.

That reminds me of somewhere my father took us when we were really young. He had some property in Vermont and while up there one time he took us to an abandoned green marble quarry. I remember being very impressed by this gigantic deep hole and wondering two things.
How did they get way down there to get the marble
Why were there no safety railings
We did pick up a whole bunch of marble hunks.
I still like green marble.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #968 on: October 25, 2019, 07:51:04 PM »
Look at what our latest Airbnb guests left..  the rest of the place wasn't much better.  No damage, just piggish in every way. Four insurance salesmen. And one broad..   She was pretty hot but I thought she looked like she'd have really bad farts.  Sometimes I think I can tell just by looking..    not smelling :o

#SecurityDeposit

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[attachment[/attachment]

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #969 on: October 25, 2019, 08:52:40 PM »
Hi, everyone!

Here are the links for tomorrow's LPTD podcast, which is Saturday, October 26, 7 pm EDT, 4 pm PDT:

If you want to be on Discord for audio, call-in, and chat:  discord: https://discord.gg/HptpsZJ

If you just want the audio stream, not on Discord:  minifang.no-ip.info:8000/stream

There is a separate non-Discord chat that goes along with the audio stream which will be monitored for questions but not directly by the host. YOu may have to log into the audio stream first (not sure), and then you can go to http://lptd.home.blog to find the chat link.

Our guest for the first hour will be Nora Hooper, a long-time professional psychic, who will take questions but will not be doing readings live. Following Nora, we'll have a little fun with a Ghost to Ghost segment, brought to you by request, so we hope you will be calling in with some good stories!

We hope to have you join us and enjoy the podcast!
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #970 on: October 25, 2019, 08:59:18 PM »
Look at what our latest Airbnb guests left..  the rest of the place wasn't much better.  No damage, just piggish in every way. Four insurance salesmen. And one broad..   She was pretty hot but I thought she looked like she'd have really bad farts.  Sometimes I think I can tell just by looking..    not smelling :o

#SecurityDeposit

Don't pull out a black light...  You may see why she came along.
Eh, nevermind...

Sugaree

• KDWN
« Reply #971 on: October 25, 2019, 09:02:48 PM »
Hi, everyone!

Here are the links for tomorrow's LPTD podcast, which is Saturday, October 26, 7 pm EDT, 4 pm PDT:

If you want to be on Discord for audio, call-in, and chat:  discord: https://discord.gg/HptpsZJ

If you just want the audio stream, not on Discord:  minifang.no-ip.info:8000/stream

There is a separate non-Discord chat that goes along with the audio stream which will be monitored for questions but not directly by the host. YOu may have to log into the audio stream first (not sure), and then you can go to http://lptd.home.blog to find the chat link.

Our guest for the first hour will be Nora Hooper, a long-time professional psychic, who will take questions but will not be doing readings live. Following Nora, we'll have a little fun with a Ghost to Ghost segment, brought to you by request, so we hope you will be calling in with some good stories!

We hope to have you join us and enjoy the podcast!

You are doing what you complained about miller doing posting in threads when you have one. You are doing playdio just like heather pretending to be Art bell.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #972 on: October 25, 2019, 10:14:54 PM »
You are doing what you complained about miller doing posting in threads when you have one. You are doing playdio just like heather pretending to be Art bell.

No, dear. This is the "Whatever: The Open Lines Thread," all kinds of topics.

The Ghost to Ghost segment was requested by some listeners, not planned in advance. I can assure you no one associated with LPTD has any delusions that we are trying to be Art Bell-like. There was only one Art Bell, never to be replaced. This is just a fun little occasional podcast is all, casual and between friends, nothing more.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #973 on: October 25, 2019, 10:40:14 PM »

#SecurityDeposit

Trashy people. Did they not know where the outside trash bins were? At least they put it in, on and around the trash can instead of leaving trails of trash for you to follow
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #974 on: October 25, 2019, 10:42:08 PM »

Lay off Aquarius. She is using the thread exactly as intended. It's about Whatever. Even for you
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville