Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592869 times)

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #1710 on: December 17, 2019, 11:28:36 AM »
I played Christmas music at the pier last night. Near the water at night it was cold enough to need a light jacket.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1711 on: December 17, 2019, 11:31:27 AM »
I played Christmas music at the pier last night. Near the water at night it was cold enough to need a light jacket.
Thank you, Juan

I play Christmas music whilst I shovel the Lords cocaine stash.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1712 on: December 17, 2019, 11:55:21 AM »
I highly doubt it. We had to boil water everywhere in China. But Qing Dao was pretty. It's on the sea and had been a German colony so lots of Bavarian looking architecture. My most favorite place there was a Taoist monastery. The coolest monks I ever hope to see

You mean Missouri gave their beer a German name? How Globalist! 🙀

No, just being silly/absurd.

If you ever go to Tecate, just be aware that Tecate beer tastes different in Mexico than in America. Apparently, north of the border drinkers get a much better tasting beer. The locals call it toilet water or something similar...
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1713 on: December 17, 2019, 11:59:12 AM »
I drove up to this dump mall to witness the carnage and see if there was anything left...

RIP another Sears.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[attachment[/attachment]
Eh, nevermind...

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #1714 on: December 17, 2019, 12:53:29 PM »
How did the salad turn out?
I forgot the damn goat cheese at the market. I'm going to try again tonight- with ALL the ingredients this time. I'll let you know! I've never used fennel in salad before...
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #1715 on: December 17, 2019, 12:54:17 PM »
-1 for  having nice weather
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Ren

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1716 on: December 17, 2019, 01:11:42 PM »
I forgot the damn goat cheese at the market. I'm going to try again tonight- with ALL the ingredients this time. I'll let you know! I've never used fennel in salad before...

Cheese is very important in my book!

Ren

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1717 on: December 17, 2019, 01:12:26 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ren

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1718 on: December 17, 2019, 01:13:13 PM »
I drove up to this dump mall to witness the carnage and see if there was anything left...

RIP another Sears.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I do find it sad that Sears is dying. Heck, I can't even name one around me anymore.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1719 on: December 17, 2019, 01:25:19 PM »
I do find it sad that Sears is dying. Heck, I can't even name one around me anymore.

They were poorly managed over a decade, locally...  Surprised they lasted this long.

I remember driving 7+ miles up to the store 10 years ago to get MP3 players for my kids that I had pre-ordered. I got the confirmation email and showed up 2 hours later. I checked in and finally gave up 45 minutes later when they didn't pull the stuff out of inventory for me. Although I had bought quite a few things from them in the past, tools, hoses, vacuums, appliances and good old household stuff, that was pretty much it for Sears. I might have bought an odd thing or two since then but they pretty much lost me.

Fry's is next.
Eh, nevermind...

Ren

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1720 on: December 17, 2019, 01:34:04 PM »
They were poorly managed over a decade, locally...  Surprised they lasted this long.

I remember driving 7+ miles up to the store 10 years ago to get MP3 players for my kids that I had pre-ordered. I got the confirmation email and showed up 2 hours later. I checked in and finally gave up 45 minutes later when they didn't pull the stuff out of inventory for me. Although I had bought quite a few things from them in the past, tools, hoses, vacuums, appliances and good old household stuff, that was pretty much it for Sears. I might have bought an odd thing or two since then but they pretty much lost me.

Fry's is next.

I would go there looking for tools primarily.  The internet is just so much easier to buy from. I believe Sears had Mini stores  you could order from? Either way. Sears is dead.

Fry's has now become a shell of what it once was. It used to be a great place from buying pc components because unlike Best Buy.. they had variety.  I personally think it was the internet price matching is what caused the great deterioration...and the internet of course. lol

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1721 on: December 17, 2019, 01:46:53 PM »
I would go there looking for tools primarily.  The internet is just so much easier to buy from. I believe Sears had Mini stores  you could order from? Either way. Sears is dead.

Fry's has now become a shell of what it once was. It used to be a great place from buying pc components because unlike Best Buy.. they had variety.  I personally think it was the internet price matching is what caused the great deterioration...and the internet of course. lol

Fry's had these humongous stores that they got great deals on because RadioShack gave up their "Infinite Universe" leases.  I heard an employee explain that the Fry family owns a bunch of real estate like residential housing and have been putting their money into that and their home improvement companies like carpet cleaning.  In a word, they're treating their stores just like Sears was treating theirs.  For computers, Fry's Electronics and TigerDirect were the shit.  No longer.
Eh, nevermind...

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #1722 on: December 17, 2019, 01:47:38 PM »
I highly doubt it. We had to boil water everywhere in China. But Qing Dao was pretty. It's on the sea and had been a German colony so lots of Bavarian looking architecture. My most favorite place there was a Taoist monastery. The coolest monks I ever hope to see

You mean Missouri gave their beer a German name? How Globalist! 🙀

They didn't name it, just bought the company. Capitalism!
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1723 on: December 17, 2019, 01:51:09 PM »
Why can't the people in my family try different things?  They say they hate it, but yet never tried it.  No matter what it is.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1724 on: December 17, 2019, 02:07:27 PM »
Why can't the people in my family try different things?  They say they hate it, but yet never tried it.  No matter what it is.

Try it.  You might like it. 
Are we having fun yet?