Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592916 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #1740 on: December 17, 2019, 08:44:00 PM »
Silly. You should have bought a Carrier.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Anything. It was well over 100 degrees.  Maybe 1000 degrees!!!!

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #1741 on: December 17, 2019, 08:45:27 PM »
Anything. It was well over 100 degrees.  Maybe 1000 degrees!!!!
that is hot!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1742 on: December 17, 2019, 09:00:39 PM »
How did the salad turn out?
I had almost forgot to report back (luckily CFP gently reminded me): The salad turned out awesome! There was no need to worry about the fennel at all it was super mellow. I ended up toasting some sunflower seeds and threw them on top too. Yum!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1743 on: December 17, 2019, 09:15:25 PM »
I had almost forgot to report back (luckily CFP gently reminded me): The salad turned out awesome! There was no need to worry about the fennel at all it was super mellow. I ended up toasting some sunflower seeds and threw them on top too. Yum!
What kind of protein did you have with the salad in question? I checked out the recipe and I say a blacken striploin would work well with that.

CFP ::)

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1744 on: December 17, 2019, 09:25:02 PM »
What kind of protein did you have with the salad in question? I checked out the recipe and I say a blacken striploin would work well with that.

CFP ::)
No extra protein. I've been pretty much off red meat for the last few years though the occasional steak is nice. (I know, I know). I eat a lot of vegetarian. If I was going to serve this with meat I'd probably go pork.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1745 on: December 17, 2019, 09:32:27 PM »

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1746 on: December 17, 2019, 10:52:05 PM »

You said the perfect thing.  Good for you, anniem.  I hate to admit it, but I'm the cause of Sears going belly up.  I tried to buy a stereo system from them once but they wouldn't let me charge it because I had no previous credit history.  I got mad and put a curse on them.  One of my bigger curses, as a matter of fact.  Still, it took a good forty plus years to take effect.

Glad it was your fault, @Rikki Gins , and not mine. When I was in college I worked at Sears part time for a couple of years. I had a bad attitude. Lots of eyerolls and dramatic sighs. I worked in, get this, Customer Service. I might not have killed Sears (thank you, Rikki) but I probably helped put it on life support
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1747 on: December 18, 2019, 07:38:59 AM »
Glad it was your fault, @Rikki Gins , and not mine. When I was in college I worked at Sears part time for a couple of years. I had a bad attitude. Lots of eyerolls and dramatic sighs. I worked in, get this, Customer Service. I might not have killed Sears (thank you, Rikki) but I probably helped put it on life support

Oh, so YOU were the one.... Hahahaha!

Did people treat Sears like Nordstrom's? Returning stuff that's been worn at one party?
Eh, nevermind...

Ren

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1748 on: December 18, 2019, 08:02:02 AM »
No extra protein. I've been pretty much off red meat for the last few years though the occasional steak is nice. (I know, I know). I eat a lot of vegetarian. If I was going to serve this with meat I'd probably go pork.

Have you noticed any difference overall staying away from red meat?

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1749 on: December 18, 2019, 08:21:52 AM »
Have you noticed any difference overall staying away from red meat?
No, not at all. But to be fair I didn't do it for a health reason. We lived in the UK for a hot minute and I could not stand the flavor of the beef over there. Then when we came back I noticed I just didn't enjoy the meat as much and it's expensive to boot so I've pretty much stopped eating it. Occasional hamburger or steak, few times a year.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

Ren

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1750 on: December 18, 2019, 08:35:19 AM »
No, not at all. But to be fair I didn't do it for a health reason. We lived in the UK for a hot minute and I could not stand the flavor of the beef over there. Then when we came back I noticed I just didn't enjoy the meat as much and it's expensive to boot so I've pretty much stopped eating it. Occasional hamburger or steak, few times a year.

I can understand that. Top quality beef is best to me. I live in the south so it is all around me.  I do wonder are you primarily eat more chicken or more of a vegetarian type?

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #1751 on: December 18, 2019, 08:37:38 AM »

Beef is also different in Japan. I haven’t eaten much since I came back.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1752 on: December 18, 2019, 08:51:43 AM »
I can understand that. Top quality beef is best to me. I live in the south so it is all around me.  I do wonder are you primarily eat more chicken or more of a vegetarian type?

Texas has some fairly decent beef but it generally pales in comparison to the aged beef I used to buy when I was stationed in Omaha.

I seldom eat beef anymore but when I do it is a Texas Wagyu sirloin or hamburger from HEB. 

Nolan Ryan’s grass fed angus beef used to be pretty good but I haven’t had it in awhile.
Are we having fun yet?

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1753 on: December 18, 2019, 08:56:58 AM »
Chicken is ok, but those birds are not treated great. I mostly eat vegetarian and I love pork. Growing up we raised our own beef and game birds and we hunted so meat was always plentiful and well taken care of. My dad hates chickens so we hardly ever had that growing up. I didn’t buy meat at a grocery until well into my adulthood. Maybe I was ruined by good fortune?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

Ren

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1754 on: December 18, 2019, 08:58:33 AM »
Texas has some fairly decent beef but it generally pales in comparison to the aged beef I used to buy when I was stationed in Omaha.

I seldom eat beef anymore but when I do it is a Texas Wagyu sirloin or hamburger from HEB. 

Nolan Ryan’s grass fed angus beef used to be pretty good but I haven’t had it in awhile.

I used to go to a place that had wagyu hamburgers that were very tasty!

It has been awhile since I have had Nolan Ryan's beef but I was kind of amazed of how good it was when I tried it.