Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592683 times)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #2190 on: January 14, 2020, 09:46:22 PM »
SANDSQUATCH REPORT WITH BOOGS!!

Sorry I missed it 😿
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2191 on: January 14, 2020, 09:56:51 PM »
Sorry I missed it 😿
Too many choices. So much to maybe listen to. Who can keep up..

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #2192 on: January 14, 2020, 10:09:51 PM »
Looks dee-lishus. Is the only meat you use shrimp?

Yes.  Tomorrow I am making Khoa Tom Pla with salmon
Are we having fun yet?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2193 on: January 14, 2020, 10:23:33 PM »
Yes.  Tomorrow I am making Khoa Tom Pla with salmon

I like shrimp more than salmon. Just something to take note of before you invite me over for dinner
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2194 on: January 14, 2020, 10:26:14 PM »
Too many choices. So much to maybe listen to. Who can keep up..

I would listen but early evening doesn't work for me. Bart says he will replay Boogs and Rikki's shows at a later time. Should I trust him to follow through?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2195 on: January 14, 2020, 10:33:47 PM »
I like shrimp more than salmon. Just something to take note of before you invite me over for dinner

I used Red Argentine shrimp today.  It tastes a bit like lobster. 
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2196 on: January 15, 2020, 03:26:26 AM »
I made my best batch of Tom Yum Goong yet. Absolutely nailed it.

That does look yummy.  @GravitySucks  Have you always had an affinity for Thai cuisine?  For some reason I rarely eat it.  Not sure why either because it is very appealing to me. 

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2197 on: January 15, 2020, 08:34:09 AM »
That does look yummy.  @GravitySucks  Have you always had an affinity for Thai cuisine?  For some reason I rarely eat it.  Not sure why either because it is very appealing to me.

@ShayP I tasted Thai food for the first time when I was in the Air Force.  In a restaurant in 1979 near Offutt AFB in Omaha.  Pad Thai. The flavors exploded in my mouth and it has been my favorite cuisine ever since.  This last year I started eating the curries.  I like all of the curries now too.

My favorite dish lately is a cellophane glass noodle salad call Yum Moon Sen or Yum Woon Sen.  It’s one of the few dishes that registers on the border of my tolerance of Scoville units. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Are we having fun yet?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2198 on: January 15, 2020, 09:00:31 AM »
I would listen but early evening doesn't work for me. Bart says he will replay Boogs and Rikki's shows at a later time. Should I trust him to follow through?

I feel @FISH and her magic 8-ball would have the best answer here.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2199 on: January 15, 2020, 09:14:06 AM »
I tasted Thai food for the first time when I was in the Air Force.  In a restaurant in 1979 near Offutt AFB in Omaha.  Pad Thai. The flavors exploded in my mouth and it has been my favorite cuisine ever since.  This last year I started eating the curries.  I like all of the curries now too

My favorite dish lately is a cellophane glass noodle salad call Yum Moon Sen or Yum Woon Sen.  It’s one of the few dishes that registers on the border of my tolerance of Scoville units...

I also like this one - salty, sweet, spicy - it an be ordered off menu at most places

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2200 on: January 15, 2020, 09:33:22 AM »
Dang, that is one of my absolutes favorites, if I go to a new restaurant I'll usually order this to see how they make it, and how well.

I've to this day never had pad thai

I don’t eat Pad Thai very often.  Pad Kee Mow (Drunken noodles) is my go to noodle dish.
Are we having fun yet?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2201 on: January 15, 2020, 09:37:56 AM »
All this talk about Sandsquatches reminded me of when my friend Mahone Dunbar, writing as Jeffrey Richards, tried to get a script produced. The story features a part-time teacher and political activist, a pottery artist, Sandy- a Desert bigfoot, and Sandy’s companion - deeply conflicted homeless Iraq war vet. George Noory, greys, and reptilians get mentions. Here’s Richards’ correspondence with his agent about The Sky Is A Lonely Place.
http://paxety.com/Archive/20071005SkyMahone.html
Merry Christmas

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2202 on: January 15, 2020, 09:38:17 AM »
I don’t eat Pad Thai very often.  Pad Kee Mow (Drunken noodles) is my go to noodle dish.

I'm partial to steamed whole fish in any Asian cuisine, this one with a chili, lime, and garlic sauce is from the southern provinces.  So many restaurants in the US have cookie cutter limited menus, I've only found one place in SF that has it (the garlic sb diced much much smaller than they've done it here, and maybe not as much)

There are plenty of other excellent steamed fish dishes, with coconut for example, or curries, etc

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2203 on: January 15, 2020, 09:42:51 AM »

I think it's because I usually go for the glass noodles.  Cooking all this yourself, you're really taken it to a new level. 

I cook Thai sometimes, but all this talk is inspiring me to do it more often - especially with the internet.  I used to have to try to back engineer it

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2204 on: January 15, 2020, 09:45:19 AM »
I'm partial to steamed whole fish in any Asian cuisine, this one with a chili, lime, and garlic sauce is from the southern provinces.  So many restaurants in the US have cookie cutter limited menus, I've only found one place in SF that has it

A restaurant near me doesn’t have Clay Pot scallops on the menu but they will make it for me when I go in.  It is expensive as Thai food goes but really tasty. 

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Are we having fun yet?