Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592867 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #2325 on: January 29, 2020, 02:43:15 PM »
I went out to lunch today and paid in cash- I know weird!! The register chick couldn't make change without using the calculator app on her phone.  :-[ :o
Seriously, would you let anyone on the register that couldn't count/make change? I'm betting that drawer never balances at shift close.

Yesterday... Oh boy.  I tried to pay with coins.  It wasn't the cashier who was a mess.  I insisted on using 5 nickels instead of a quarter, etc...  Alzheimer's may be kicking in... If not that, then my hatred of change has grown.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2326 on: January 29, 2020, 04:38:58 PM »
Yeah it's an epidemic. Rampant.  How about when you round UP the loose change to get an even dollar amount back and watch their puny heads spin. Oh good God it's so fucking funny. Completely fucks them up.

Even more fun, do it to get an even $5 back

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2327 on: January 29, 2020, 07:00:41 PM »
Even more fun, do it to get an even $5 back
Hehe  that's when they consult a manager. You know, the guy in his early 20's who's just as clueless with his nametag that says, Justin. Or the lumpy figured young woman with one leg slightly shorter than the other.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2328 on: January 29, 2020, 07:11:41 PM »
I tried to pay for a drink at convenience store with an Eisenhower dollar.  They wouldn't accept it.  The cashier didn't know what it was.  Told me I had to pay with 'real money.'  This was about 15 years ago.

I've also had instances where people wouldn't accept half-dollar coins either.  It IS money people!  *sigh*

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #2329 on: January 29, 2020, 07:13:30 PM »
I tried to pay for a drink at convenience store with an Eisenhower dollar.  They wouldn't accept it.  The cashier didn't know what it was.  Told me I had to pay with 'real money.'  This was about 15 years ago.

I've also had instances where people wouldn't accept half-dollar coins either.  It IS money people!  *sigh*
WOW
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2330 on: January 29, 2020, 07:17:02 PM »
WOW

WOW indeed.  Another one of the many reasons I've become a cynical withering husk of a man.  But hey, I still try to stay positive.  :D

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Are we having fun yet?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #2332 on: January 30, 2020, 03:35:01 AM »
WOW indeed.  Another one of the many reasons I've become a cynical withering husk of a man.  But hey, I still try to stay positive.  :D

I despair for the future of humanity. But, hey, you and I wouldn't have to put up with it forever  8)
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #2333 on: January 30, 2020, 03:48:22 AM »
https://twitter.com/hardcorehistory/status/1222759753874427905

I got stuck in the middle of WWI. Too dark and intense for me. And that's saying something

Now I keep company in Ancient Egypt   https://player.fm/series/the-history-of-egypt-podcast

Or I'm all the way up to Richard Lion-Heart  https://player.fm/series/the-history-of-england
Love this narrator

Both TigerLily  recommended
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2334 on: January 30, 2020, 04:47:44 AM »
https://twitter.com/hardcorehistory/status/1222759753874427905
@GravitySucks
Thanks for sharing. I looked 'Dan Carlin's Hardcore History.' I enjoy history. The world and I have changed since the days of listening to Art Bell on the radio. I will have something to good to listen to as I do 'my job' in my home.

https://dchhaddendum.libsyn.com/

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2335 on: January 30, 2020, 04:53:03 AM »
I got stuck in the middle of WWI. Too dark and intense for me. And that's saying something

Now I keep company in Ancient Egypt   https://player.fm/series/the-history-of-egypt-podcast

Or I'm all the way up to Richard Lion-Heart  https://player.fm/series/the-history-of-england
Love this narrator

Both TigerLily  recommended

@TigerLily I enjoy dark and intense war stories. I am a family tree nerd. War stories helps my understanding of different time periods. With that being said, I will look up your recommendations.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2337 on: January 30, 2020, 05:50:41 AM »
@TigerLily I enjoy dark and intense war stories. I am a family tree nerd. War stories helps my understanding of different time periods. With that being said, I will look up your recommendations.

@FISH   If you like war stories and family stuff, you might enjoy this thread on the older site.  I need to get back and finish it.  I've left with my Dad fighting the French.  Still have the Italians, Germans and Japanese to go. 

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2338 on: January 30, 2020, 06:16:42 AM »
@FISH   If you like war stories and family stuff, you might enjoy this thread on the older site.  I need to get back and finish it.  I've left with my Dad fighting the French.  Still have the Italians, Germans and Japanese to go.
@Walks_At_Night I hope someone in your family is a ‘family tree’ nerd. I just got back from visiting the old country. This posting should be recorded in your family tree. Your dad had good artist talent. Great story and NOT BORING.
I am lucky to have my dad’s WW 2 training and records information. My dad was a Flight Engineer in a B 24 D.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A few years ago, I took a ride in a B-24. No wonder they called it “Flying Coffin.”
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2339 on: January 30, 2020, 06:34:39 AM »
@FISH My father was a gunner aboard a B-24. A few years before he died, I went with him to the 8th Air Force Museum in Savannah. They have an exhibit that supposed to show in  a limited way what flying a mission was like.  He said it was somewhat realistic.
Merry Christmas