Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592912 times)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #2385 on: February 04, 2020, 03:22:13 PM »
Selling the car is a goof idea. Not sure what their plans are with that or if whether or not it has even been discussed at this point.  I'm the only one saying she doesn't need to lawyer up unless the lady dies. However even with all her ducks in a row and the police telling her it seems like a suicide she has an attorney already just to be, safe. I think it's unnecessary at this point but I'm alone in that.

Don’t call me a goof.  I was only trying to help. 

I’m suggesting something like this. At a minimum.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2386 on: February 04, 2020, 03:24:33 PM »
Selling the car is a goof idea. Not sure what their plans are with that or if whether or not it has even been discussed at this point.  I'm the only one saying she doesn't need to lawyer up unless the lady dies. However even with all her ducks in a row and the police telling her it seems like a suicide she has an attorney already just to be, safe. I think it's unnecessary at this point but I'm alone in that.
@GravitySucks Let me correct that. Selling the car is a GOOD* idea. I'm sick. Whadda ya want from me.  Seriously it is a  GOOOD idea, It's what I would do

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2387 on: February 04, 2020, 03:29:10 PM »

If I hit one of these nitwits one of these days - and I'm really diligent about not doing so - I'd like to think I wouldn't feel guilty in the slightest.  Sad that it happened, upset - but guilt?  No
It's an epidemic - rampant and worldwide. I hope that when you Do accidentally hit one ;) that you attend a BBQ and smoke a big cigar that day after being cleared of all wrong doing. @PB

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2388 on: February 04, 2020, 03:44:36 PM »
While driving home last night down a dark country road my mother n law hit someone dressed all in black that appeared out of nowhere. No street lights no nothing. A liquor bottle smashed against the windshield and the lady she collided with is in critical condition and may not survive.

Dressed entirely in black.
Middle of nowhere on a blackened dirt road.
Drinking.

Cops are leaning toward suicide at this point but my MIL whom I do like very much is beside herself with guilt and still hasn't slept. No sign of her speeding or any wrongdoing but still..  traumatic.

@KSM I am very sorry to read about this.  I can not imagine how horrible that would be.  Hope the MIL manages to put this behind her in the times ahead.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2389 on: February 04, 2020, 04:11:02 PM »
While driving home last night down a dark country road my mother n law hit someone dressed all in black that appeared out of nowhere. No street lights no nothing. A liquor bottle smashed against the windshield and the lady she collided with is in critical condition and may not survive.
Drinking.
Cops are leaning toward suicide at this point but my MIL whom I do like very much is beside herself with guilt and still hasn't slept. No sign of her speeding or any wrongdoing but still..  traumatic.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Whether it was a suicide attempt or not, your MIL is going to suffer over it and she doesn't deserve to. The son of a co-worker of mine hit a person who jumped off of an overpass right into his car. The peson was killed, and her son had a very very hard time over it. 
I don't know, maybe someone does - is there any sort of person she can seek out and talk to?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2390 on: February 04, 2020, 04:11:41 PM »
@GravitySucks Let me correct that. Selling the car is a GOOD* idea. I'm sick.

And I hope you feel better quickly

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2391 on: February 04, 2020, 04:12:51 PM »

I would have that lawyer informed. It can't hurt.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2392 on: February 04, 2020, 04:25:26 PM »

...and never rely on insurance company representation.

Do consider the woman's possible assets for a lawsuit.  It is a valid thing to think about, especially regarding an illegal act.  Public consumption, public drunkedness, walking in a roadway, suicide is even illegal in places... Whatever charges you can get the cops to officially note/charge is important.  This person's estate/life insurance/homeowners insurance, etc. should  have a claim filed with proceeds going to making your MIL whole again.  Car, therapy, time, effort, gas to therapy sessions, etc...

Protection of MIL starts with the little things (i.e. a citation for jaywalking) for the legal protection MIL needs from a great niece of the suicider who wants to sue MIL.

Seriously.  Trust me, in some states this is a lifesaver...  True in car accidents too.  Get the cops to give the other party a ticket for anything, it's gold.

PS, never just think the person is indigent.  Insanity isn't just for the poor.  Do a due diligence asset search.
Eh, nevermind...

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #2393 on: February 04, 2020, 04:55:23 PM »
...and never rely on insurance company representation.

Do consider the woman's possible assets for a lawsuit.  It is a valid thing to think about, especially regarding an illegal act.  Public consumption, public drunkedness, walking in a roadway, suicide is even illegal in places... Whatever charges you can get the cops to officially note/charge is important.  This person's estate/life insurance/homeowners insurance, etc. should  have a claim filed with proceeds going to making your MIL whole again.  Car, therapy, time, effort, gas to therapy sessions, etc...

Protection of MIL starts with the little things (i.e. a citation for jaywalking) for the legal protection MIL needs from a great niece of the suicider who wants to sue MIL.

Seriously.  Trust me, in some states this is a lifesaver...  True in car accidents too.  Get the cops to give the other party a ticket for anything, it's gold.

PS, never just think the person is indigent.  Insanity isn't just for the poor.  Do a due diligence asset search.
OK, Sean. How many people have you actually run over at this point?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2394 on: February 04, 2020, 05:13:14 PM »

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2395 on: February 04, 2020, 05:18:31 PM »

Drinking.

Also sorry to read this. Sounds horrible for your MIL and the woman in black. No matter how old you are, those GD “life lessons” never stop. Prayers for all.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2396 on: February 04, 2020, 05:18:47 PM »

Poor B.E.P...................

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2397 on: February 04, 2020, 05:29:57 PM »

It got us these fantastically hilarious quotes, though

You may wanna slip that belt on, @Mr Apnea

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2398 on: February 04, 2020, 05:30:06 PM »

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2399 on: February 04, 2020, 05:34:34 PM »
It got us these fantastically hilarious quotes, though

I guess we never really leave 7th grade.