Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592884 times)

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #2565 on: March 16, 2020, 08:23:27 PM »
I’m still in Silverthorne.  We have this place rented until Thursday but we plan on checking out Wednesday to get on the road before a snowstorm expected on Thursday.  Went to a grocery store today and it was almost picked clean of meat.  All I wanted was some salmon to make some of my favorite Thai soup.  I’ve been cooking mostly Thai food since we got here a week ago.  Ate Panang curry chicken yesterday with eggplant and snap peas.  Turned out really good. For lunch today I made Tom Yum soup with an obscene amount of various gourmet mushrooms. 

I still have some leftover spaghetti sauce I made with hot Italian sausage.  It was really good too. 

I bought some of those tupperware bowls/lids at the store. I’ll have several meals prepared for the trip back home in case we get stranded somewhere without a decent restaurant. I am only planning for a two day trip back home. Reserved a room in Amarillo for Wednesday night and should make it home by about 9pm Thursday night. 

As long as I can still find 3-4 gas stations open along the way I should be fine.
Hit Dam Brewing. They have a great brown.
Oh wait...everything is CLOSED!!!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2566 on: March 16, 2020, 10:00:40 PM »
I’m still in Silverthorne.  We have this place rented until Thursday but we plan on checking out Wednesday to get on the road before a snowstorm expected on Thursday.  Went to a grocery store today and it was almost picked clean of meat.  All I wanted was some salmon to make some of my favorite Thai soup.  I’ve been cooking mostly Thai food since we got here a week ago.  Ate Panang curry chicken yesterday with eggplant and snap peas.  Turned out really good. For lunch today I made Tom Yum soup with an obscene amount of various gourmet mushrooms. 

I still have some leftover spaghetti sauce I made with hot Italian sausage.  It was really good too. 

I bought some of those tupperware bowls/lids at the store. I’ll have several meals prepared for the trip back home in case we get stranded somewhere without a decent restaurant. I am only planning for a two day trip back home. Reserved a room in Amarillo for Wednesday night and should make it home by about 9pm Thursday night. 

As long as I can still find 3-4 gas stations open along the way I should be fine.

Well thought out plan, good.

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #2567 on: March 17, 2020, 11:03:03 AM »
Looking better and better...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2568 on: March 17, 2020, 11:26:13 AM »

So glad that this no longer applies to me. Not my problem!

I'm No Longer Going Number 2!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2569 on: March 17, 2020, 11:56:13 AM »

Oh for heaven's sake.  When I go backpacking, I take enough for what I'm going to need for the 4 or 5 days, not the whole dang roll.  It folds up flat and takes no room.   

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2570 on: March 17, 2020, 12:19:54 PM »
Oh for heaven's sake.  When I go backpacking, I take enough for what I'm going to need for the 4 or 5 days, not the whole dang roll.  It folds up flat and takes no room.   

Don't you just pack one of these?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

hee hee hee

Starman2018

• Drone Pilot
  • Alpha Male Instructor/Professional Boomer
« Reply #2571 on: March 17, 2020, 07:39:59 PM »

So do I need to drink something or take these with water? Seems to me they might be hard to swallow. Wink...wink.
Enjoying the continuing journey of discovering infinite diversity...

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #2572 on: March 19, 2020, 05:57:02 PM »
I made it back home safe. If the crowded roads in Ft Worth and Houston are any sign, not many people have started sheltering in place at least in Texas. 

I spent 5 days driving for 4 days skiing. I was supposed to ski 24-25 days total.  Didn’t go according to the @GravitySucks vacation plan, but getting home safe puts a nice bookend on the trip. 
Are we having fun yet?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2573 on: March 19, 2020, 06:12:14 PM »
I made it back home safe. If the crowded roads in Ft Worth and Houston are any sign, not many people have started sheltering in place at least in Texas. 

I spent 5 days driving for 4 days skiing. I was supposed to ski 24-25 days total.  Didn’t go according to the @GravitySucks vacation plan, but getting home safe puts a nice bookend on the trip.

Good deal man.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2574 on: March 19, 2020, 06:21:07 PM »

@GravitySucks  Oh boo-fucking-hoo.  Only skied for 4 days instead of 24-25?  Damn.  You'll heal.  Just give it time.  How can anybody possibly ski for that long anyway?  In all seriousness, I'm glad to see you're back home safe.   ;)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2575 on: March 19, 2020, 06:32:50 PM »

@GravitySucks  I might be moving to Fort Worth in the next year or so. We'll get some coffee! :)  Can you imagine?  Just Gravity and the KSM guy doin' some casual coffee as they diss other members of the forum behind there backs! Hell yeah!!

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2576 on: March 19, 2020, 06:39:15 PM »
@GravitySucks  I might be moving to Fort Worth in the next year or so. We'll get some coffee! :)  Can you imagine?  Just Gravity and the KSM guy doin' some casual coffee as they diss other members of the forum behind there backs! Hell yeah!!

It's Texas man.  Houston to Fort Worth is like a 78 hour drive..................

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2577 on: March 19, 2020, 06:41:56 PM »
It's Texas man.  Houston to Fort Worth is like a 78 hour drive..................

*Grooaaannnn*  Ok I'll pick em' up!

..but thanks, dream killer.

BTW my toilet paper cousin says hi :D

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2578 on: March 19, 2020, 06:50:51 PM »

Glad to be home?  Didja get all stocked up?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2579 on: March 19, 2020, 06:53:15 PM »
How can anybody possibly ski for that long anyway? 

Hm, would it be non-stop? If so, I can't imagine it can be done.