Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592893 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #4320 on: October 08, 2021, 04:26:57 PM »
I don't know what this thing is but I want one.
Googling for “home use death rays” again, I see.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4321 on: October 08, 2021, 04:32:20 PM »
Googling for “home use death rays” again, I see.

I'll see your death ray and raise you an Einstein.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #4322 on: October 08, 2021, 04:51:20 PM »
I'll see your death ray and raise you an Einstein.
Ha!  WTH?  Nothing like trying to barbecue yourself in a compact car.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Bored?
« Reply #4323 on: October 08, 2021, 07:57:39 PM »
Hop on into the God Like Productions video chat:
https://glp.live/Room1

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4324 on: October 09, 2021, 02:44:16 PM »
So how screwed are we actually?  Really, really screwed...........

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #4325 on: October 10, 2021, 01:38:06 PM »
So how screwed are we actually?  Really, really screwed...........

I'm dumb and need more context for this.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4326 on: October 10, 2021, 02:51:08 PM »
I'm dumb and need more context for this.

@spookcat Well the first graph shows the monetary assets of the United States.  Remember that without gold [or anything tangible] to back the US dollar, money is debt and debt is money. You can see that it took abourt 230 years to get to that 1,000,000 line in the year 2009. When it more than doubled and broke the 2,000,000 line. The Federal Reserve at that point tried to control it as you see the line go down for a bit but then up she goes again steadily until it stabilizes in 2015. Things get a little better for the next few years and then it skyrockets.  The second graph is also from the Federal Reserve and it shows the Money Supply of the United States - there used to be a broader statistic, called M3 but it got so embarrassing that the Fed stopped publishing it.  Shows the same story - 22 trillion in debt.  No way that will get paid off.  Guess it is kind of like a fat dude. He can have a number of painful operations on his heart up until he dies but try and extend life with a lesser quality of life or he can say screw it and pound cheese burgers and party until the massive heart attack takes him out. Our leaders have chosen the burgers, cigars and whiskey route.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4327 on: October 10, 2021, 03:01:11 PM »
Biden's thousands of billions?
Eh, nevermind...

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4328 on: October 10, 2021, 03:07:12 PM »
@spookcat Well the first graph shows the monetary assets of the United States.  Remember that without gold [or anything tangible] to back the US dollar, money is debt and debt is money. You can see that it took abourt 230 years to get to that 1,000,000 line in the year 2009. When it more than doubled and broke the 2,000,000 line. The Federal Reserve at that point tried to control it as you see the line go down for a bit but then up she goes again steadily until it stabilizes in 2015. Things get a little better for the next few years and then it skyrockets.  The second graph is also from the Federal Reserve and it shows the Money Supply of the United States - there used to be a broader statistic, called M3 but it got so embarrassing that the Fed stopped publishing it.  Shows the same story - 22 trillion in debt.  No way that will get paid off.  Guess it is kind of like a fat dude. He can have a number of painful operations on his heart up until he dies but try and extend life with a lesser quality of life or he can say screw it and pound cheese burgers and party until the massive heart attack takes him out. Our leaders have chosen the burgers, cigars and whiskey route.

"It's Over" :'(

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4329 on: October 10, 2021, 03:51:27 PM »
... 22 trillion in debt...

The National Debt is well beyond that already.  After all the spending over the past year, t's nearly $29 trillion.

https://usdebtclock.org/

And this amount is just the debt issued and outstanding (Treasury bonds).  It doesn't include future Social Security, Medicare, Obamacare, federal pension payments, etc.  In addition to what the current deficit spending adds to the national debt, those future unfunded obligations continue to grow as well.  All together it's well beyond $100 trillion.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4330 on: October 10, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »
The National Debt is well beyond that already.  After all the spending over the past year, t's nearly $29 trillion.

And this amount is just the debt issued and outstanding (Treasury bonds).  It doesn't include future Social Security, Medicare, Obamacare, federal pension payments, etc.  In addition to what the current deficit spending adds to the national debt, those future unfunded obligations continue to grow as well.  All together it's well beyond $100 trillion.

All quite true PaperBoy. 

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4331 on: October 11, 2021, 08:57:48 AM »

@PB will the USA survive? Trump AKA "Harmonica" is not going away. Once Upon a Time in the West USA.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4332 on: October 11, 2021, 09:56:38 AM »
How many women Krishnas have you seen?

Vegetarian? Bullshit! Sausage fest...

Ok, yesterday I found out one of my friends had just dropped off food at the Hare Krishna hive.  I didn't even know he's a Hindu, he has a lot of interests but that didn't seem like one of them (he's from somewhere around Bombay).  He said he's not a Hare Krishna though.

There were plenty of mystics, pilgrims, swamis, yogis, sadhus, and ascetics in India, some had a handful of followers.  Now I'm wondering if Indians see the Hare Krishnas the way we do - as a cult - or are they just another Hindu offshoot?  Time for one of my intrusive polls

I asked him about the place being open to the community for dinner, and he said yes - every Sunday night around 7, and that lots of people come.

Free home cooked Indian food.  Count me in.  Now I just have to decide when to go.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4333 on: October 11, 2021, 10:15:25 AM »
@PB will the USA survive?...

No.  See answer in Politics

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4334 on: October 11, 2021, 11:20:33 AM »